KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darkest Knight & Perpetua vs PR Beyonder & Molecule Man

Darkest Knight & Perpetua vs PR Beyonder & Molecule Man
Started by: MrMind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Yeah, The former is makes more sense to me.

It's not whether or not it arbitrarily makes more sense to you, it's whether or not it's a coherent sentence.

Because the latter is like saying "I'm travelling across America and united states" Just saying the same thing twice.

You're presuming that parallell worlds necessarily has the same meaning as universe, it doesn't.

That said, the story repeatedly refers to universes as dimensions. This isn't my opinion, this is fact. And if the author was able to distinguish between universes and dimensional spaces he wouldn't have written it this way.

Anyway, Mr mind also posted this scan from WF which you admitted it was indeed referring the spatial dimensions
https://ibb.co/2t46Vc8
And we knew that WF is canon since all appearances of mxy is the same guy that had been explained in Superman Reborn arc

World's Funnest was originally written to be out of continuity.

(please log in to view the image)

Even if you want to disregard that, it has since been retconned by contradiction since the implication is that he had killed Perpetua too.

Last edited by Astner on Oct 2nd, 2020 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 08:30 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by Astner
It's not whether or not it arbitrarily makes more sense to you, it's whether or not it's a coherent sentence.

You're presuming that parallell worlds necessarily has the same meaning as universe, it doesn't.

That said, the story repeatedly refers to universes as dimensions. This isn't my opinion, this is fact. And if the author was able to distinguish between universes and dimensional spaces he wouldn't have written it this way.

Even if you want to disregard that, it has since been retconned by contradiction.
Oh, But I guess google search disagrees with you, Which you can actually type the words "Parallel worlds" and it uses "Parallel universes" as synonymous substitutions.
WF, Like you said, WAS originally written to be non canon(And it not even was written in the comic). But Superman Reborn made it canon.
As for the contradiction, Comics always have a lot of contradictions in itself, But it doesn't mean out of continuity.
For example: In recent death metal issues, Darkfather's words contradicting the Final Crisis story. But it didn't mean DC retconned FC
BTW, Wasn't this scan also proving the dimensions in DC are more than 6?
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...61-inf%20d5.jpg

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Oct 2nd, 2020 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 08:43 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Oh, But I guess google search disagree with you, Which you can actually type the words "Parallel worlds" and it use "Parallel universes" as synonymous substitutions.

You're not reading what I'm writing. I said that it wasn't necessarily interchangeable.

But I'm not sure why you're still trying to defend this point. It's already lost. The writer uses the word dimensions to refer to universes, he's not talking about dimensional spaces.

WF, Like you said, WAS originally written to be non canon(And it not even was written in the comic). But Superman Reborn made it canon.
As for the contradiction, Comics always have a lot of contradictions in itself, But it doesn't mean out of continuity.
For example: In recent death metal issues, Darkfather's words contradicting the Final Crisis story. But it didn't mean DC retconned FC

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel for this one, aren't you?

No. It can not be the case that Mr. Mxyzptlk both killed Perpetua and didn't kill Perpetua. It either happened or it didn't happen.

And if you go by Snyder's story it couldn't have happened.

BTW, Wasn't this scan also proving the dimensions in DC are more than 6?
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...61-inf%20d5.jpg

No, because it also refers to universes, or in this case a part of the universe.

No she wasn't. She and Deadman were in a realm between the living and the dead.

It was, again, a universe. Or if you go by the story, a part of a universe.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:01 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Blue boobs are nice.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

You're not reading what I'm writing. I said that it wasn't necessarily interchangeable.

But I'm not sure why you're still trying to defend this point. It's already lost. The writer uses the word dimensions to refer to universes, he's not talking about dimensional spaces.

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel for this one, aren't you?

No. It can not be the case that Mr. Mxyzptlk both killed Perpetua and didn't kill Perpetua. It either happened or it didn't happen.

And if you go by Snyder's story it couldn't have happened.

No, because it also refers to universes, or in this case a part of the universe.
Because it doesn't make sense in the context of this sentence.
And I don't know why you bring Perpetua, Who is nothing to do with WF or Superman Reborn. Those comics aren't written by Snyder. And even Snyder hasn't retconned those stories.
On the contrary, In recent Batman/Superman issue batmite said They've fought each other before. Plenty of times
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ba...-1?id=176029#35
Further lends to the canonicity of WF

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:19 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

There also is seventh dimension. Which further proves that names are nothing to do with the numbers of dimensions in DC
https://ibb.co/tH1qRxY

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:30 PM
CatL18

Infinite dimension has been referd many times in DC.
And, DC confirmed that everything is canon.
Do we need more proof?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 01:42 AM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Because it doesn't make sense in the context of this sentence.

It makes perfect sense linguistically.

And I don't know why you bring Perpetua, Who is nothing to do with WF or Superman Reborn. Those comics aren't written by Snyder. And even Snyder hasn't retconned those stories.

World's Funnest wasn't canon in the first place and there are no references to World's Funnest anywhere since its publication 20 years ago. And it is contradicted (retconned) by Snyder's stories.

On the contrary, In recent Batman/Superman issue batmite said They've fought each other before. Plenty of times

Further lends to the canonicity of WF

No, because it doesn't specifically reference (or even allude to) that particular story.

Mr. Mxyzptlk and Batmite have fought in pretty much every comic they both appeared it. Take World's Finest #113, which was the first story to feature both characters.

There also is seventh dimension. Which further proves that names are nothing to do with the numbers of dimensions in DC

Which was directly retconned by Snyder right here.

Last edited by Astner on Oct 3rd, 2020 at 09:13 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 09:11 AM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

It makes perfect sense linguistically.

World's Funnest wasn't canon in the first place and there are no references to World's Funnest anywhere since its publication 20 years ago. And it is contradicted (retconned) by Snyder's stories.

No, because it doesn't specifically reference (or even allude to) that particular story.

Mr. Mxyzptlk and Batmite have fought in pretty much every comic they both appeared it. Take World's Finest #113, which was the first story to feature both characters.

Which was directly retconned by Snyder right here.

No, It doesn't. You said "parallel worlds" doesn't necessarily mean " parallel universes" Then what do you think the "parallel worlds" was referring to in this sentence

Yes, WF is canon since all appearances of mxy is the same guy. Writer's intentions overruled by edics

Snyder's stories also didn't specifically reference (or even allude to) that particular story. So if you demanded me to give particular reference, Then why don't you give me your particular reference in Snyder's stories first?

Or just because the names of dimensions aren't related to the structure of dimensions? Since we actually get other higher numbers to refer other dimensions
For examples
Ultimator/10th dimension
https://ibb.co/Tg0By6F
Or like I posted before, The zeroth dimension?
https://i.ibb.co/HK75Njj/The-Green-...018-008-014.jpg
How many dimensions have we already gotten? I'm pretty sure the numbers are higher than 6

Like I said before. My point is the names of dimensions are nothing to do with the actual numbers in dc case

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Oct 3rd, 2020 at 10:11 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 09:58 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

No, It doesn't. You said "parallel worlds" doesn't necessarily mean " parallel universes" Then what do you think the "parallel worlds" was referring to in this sentence

It doesn't matter what I think (just as it doesn't matter what you think) because we can't debate properly using a subjective standard.

It makes sense rhetorically, that's all that matters.

But to answer your question. I think it means planets, similar to how the Alternate Earths, specifically refers to the planets in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Yes, WF is canon since all appearances of mxy is the same guy. Writer's intentions overruled by edics

What edict? Not once is it suggested that every licensed appearance of Mr. Mxyzptlk is canon. Mxyzptlk claiming that he's the same guy as in the cartoon or as merchandise has nothing to do with the canonicity of his comic appearances.

And even if it was World's Funnest is retconned by Snyder's contradiction.

Snyder's stories also didn't specifically reference (or even allude to) that particular story.

They don't have to. All they have to do is to contradict it.

Because once it's contradicted only one event can be canon. Eliminating the older run.

So if you demanded me to give particular reference, Then why don't you give me your particular reference in Snyder's stories first?

Because it's not necessary. Newer stories weigh heavier than older stories when it comes to evidence. That's why newer events retcon older events and not vice versa.

Or just because the names of dimensions aren't related to the structure of dimensions?

You're contradicting Mxyzptlk's explanation, again.

Since we actually get other higher numbers to refer other dimensions
For examples
Ultimator/10th dimension

Ultimator was made up by Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Don't reference stories you haven't read.

Or like I posted before, The zeroth dimension?
https://i.ibb.co/HK75Njj/The-Green-...018-008-014.jpg
How many dimensions have we already gotten? I'm pretty sure the numbers are higher than 6

Six is still a higher number than zero. So it doesn't contradict the narration in scene above.

Like I said before. My point is the names of dimensions are nothing to do with the actual numbers in dc case

According to Mr. Mxyzptlk you're wrong.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 11:31 AM
MrMind

Even if you want to disregard that, it has since been retconned by contradiction since the implication is that he had killed Perpetua too.

wf being canon or not is not up to dorkins though

hypertime canonized all elseworlds stories, thats what's up

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 01:41 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

It doesn't matter what I think (just as it doesn't matter what you think) because we can't debate properly using a subjective standard.

It makes sense rhetorically, that's all that matters.

But to answer your question. I think it means planets, similar to how the Alternate Earths, specifically refers to the planets in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

What edict? Not once is it suggested that every licensed appearance of Mr. Mxyzptlk is canon. Mxyzptlk claiming that he's the same guy as in the cartoon or as merchandise has nothing to do with the canonicity of his comic appearances.

And even if it was World's Funnest is retconned by Snyder's contradiction.

They don't have to. All they have to do is to contradict it.

Because once it's contradicted only one event can be canon. Eliminating the older run.

Because it's not necessary. Newer stories weigh heavier than older stories when it comes to evidence. That's why newer events retcon older events and not vice versa.

You're contradicting Mxyzptlk's explanation, again.

Ultimator was made up by Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Don't reference stories you haven't read.

Six is still a higher number than zero. So it doesn't contradict the narration in scene above.

According to Mr. Mxyzptlk you're wrong.

Wait, So Mxy said he is the same guy, Which indicated what happened in WF is true. How did it not canonize WF?
Yeah, Newer stories weigh heavier than older one. So that's why Superman Reborn is weigh heavier than what the writer of wf intents.
Lol, I've already reat it. So I knew you'll argue ultimator is a story made up by mxy, I specifically picked this scan for you. How did a bio make up some story?
It basically canonized ultimator and confirmed she isn't a mere story made up by mxy
No, What I mean is you using the wrong same logic. Appearantly in dc it doesn't count from 1 to 6. There are some numbers like 0 or fractions.
No, Mxy never said that. Actually he mentioned the opposite/higher numbers of dimensions

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Oct 3rd, 2020 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 02:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by MrMind
wf being canon or not is not up to dorkins though
Pretty much. Dorkin's opinion on the story after the fact is irrelevant, when established continuity has consistently painted the picture that "Mxy is Mxy".

The fact that World's Funnest has recently been reprinted a couple different times in TPB/Omnibus form, in books that collect several other irrefutably canon stories, is also telling.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 3rd, 2020 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 05:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

since we got wf being canon or not topic out of the way, for the 1983948 times

marvel has 7 multiverses per molecule man in the series ultimates, which established current marvel cosmology

and the current multiverse that franklin and owen built, was confirmed to be only a couple thousand universes

on the other hand

dc has a level of existence, where infinite multiverses get manufactured by super celestials beings

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 06:43 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

It can't be canon because it contradicts what's established currently in DC. Let's not ignore that World's Funnest have never been specifically been referenced in relation to Hypertime. Hypertime, or "every story DC ever published happened in some sense," (which is a Pre-New 52 idea) does not mesh with what the writers are going with. And if you think Mr. Mxyzptlk can defeat Perpetua because "he technically did in World's Funnest," then you're wrong.

Like I've said, I'm fine with threating it like a separate story like Pre-retcon Secret Wars. But to use it to power-scale and conjecture ideas that contradict the current is dishonest.

Also how's Marvel's current cosmology relevant to Pre-retcon Beyonder?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 12:21 PM
CatL18

Everything DC has published/will publish/even never publish(Dark multiverse)is canon.
This has been confirmed again and again since Convergence.
And, Doomsday Clock and Death metal still confirm it.
Only you can't accept it.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 01:28 PM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by CatL18
Everything DC has published/will publish/even never publish(Dark multiverse)is canon.

DC has published quite a few Dark Multiverse stories, in fact that's where Batman Who Laughs and Barbatos came from.

This has been confirmed again and again since Convergence.
And, Doomsday Clock

Convergence didn't confirm anything other than that the previous Crises happened, it didn't suggest that everything was canon.

And Doomsday Clock suggested the same, but exclusively for Superman.

and Death metal still confirm it.

No. It's actively contradicted it.

Only you can't accept it.

If there was sufficiently good evidence that would explain why writers work with a seemingly different idea from yours, then I'd accept it. But there isn't.

All the evidence posted in this thread that supports your idea of there being more than six dimensions (when it's made clear that there are only six) is extremely questionable, relying on retcons, cherry-picking, selective reading, PIS, etc. and I've already debunked half of the shit posted that you thought was worthwhile discussing.

Snyder is working on a completely different setting and story than the one you're imagining. This is the difference between canon and head-canon.

Last edited by Astner on Oct 9th, 2020 at 01:52 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 01:48 PM
MrMind

what do ya know, dc again proven astner to be wrong on everything

dc cosmology is composite, current multiverse has infinite universes, every reboot does not erase what happened before

there are at least trillions of dead multiverses in odex omniversa alone and infinite multiverses exist in dc, dc has a legit omniverse made up of infinite multiverses, marvel does not

Originally posted by MrMind
not only that, dc has INFINITE MULTIVERSES

Darkest Kngiht SOLOS

Perpetua SOLOS

Last edited by MrMind on Nov 25th, 2020 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2020 09:24 PM
MrMind

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Beyonder creates SBP to punch Darkest Knight REALLY hard.

this post age well

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2020 07:07 AM
MrMind

come on assnerd, if you wanna lowball doctor manhattan perpetua and dk, or dc as a whole do it in this thread

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 09:53 PM