KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » New NVDIA GPUs

New NVDIA GPUs
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

New NVDIA GPUs

Anyone getting one?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 08:37 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

No; I don't PC game.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 08:51 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Nah. They look great but I got a gaming laptop less than a year ago and I’ll be getting one if new consoles in the next year or so.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 09:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I will get the 3070, maybe.

I have the 2070, now. I have had it for a year.

I need to upgrade my motherboard, GPU, and CPU. I can do all 3 for $1000. I literally spend my money on nothing else but this kind of stuff once every 5 years. I live very frugally. So this is an indulgence I enjoy. smile

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:12 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still run the 980TI SC2 Watercooled.

I push is hard on Max settings at 1440p/144htz on ultra Settings on Destiny2

Surprising I can maintain 75-100fps

The 980ti has been absolutely solid.

I decided to skip the 2 series because they were way to expensive.

Now you can get a 3070 that is cheaper than a 2080ti and it’s double maybe even triple the performance for $300 cheaper.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:01 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Waiting to see what the new AMD cards are like first, but the 3070 at that price point is an attractive prospect.

Planning in the next year to do a build, so I'll be watching these very closely.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

As soon as AMD releases their cards, NVDIA will put out the TI versions with 20GBVR or more and massively boost stable clock speeds.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:08 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is what I’m waiting on, then I’m taking the plunge.

However the 3070 and 80 are plenty powerful and very affordable

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
As soon as AMD releases their cards, NVDIA will put out the TI versions with 20GBVR or more and massively boost stable clock speeds.

And I'm sure they'll do their usual inflated claims too or performance benchmarks that are bigger than they actually are too.

I mean, I'm sure the cards will still be good cards, but the actual value has to be taken in to account too, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Go look up the tests on the cards just released. Real word tests not what NVIDIA is saying. They are massive.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:11 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Go look up the tests on the cards just released. Real word tests not what NVIDIA is saying. They are massive.

I've been watching GN and J2C talking about them. I'm not saying that there aren't performance increases. There are. Just that Nvidia is, iirc, saying that they're bigger than they are.

I'm not saying they're bad cards. They're not (well, some of the designs are ugly), but I'm sure we all remember how they wouldn't STFU about raytracing, and it's only now starting to really gain any traction.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:18 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Developers were really not supporting RT until recently. Don’t know if that’s NVIDAS fault or theirs. Whatever it is worse for wear.

What don’t you like about the founders edition designs? I thought they are very sleek looking and very modern.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:22 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Developers were really not supporting RT until recently. Don’t know if that’s NVIDAS fault or theirs. Whatever it is worse for wear.

What don’t you like about the founders edition designs? I thought they are very sleek looking and very modern.

Yeah, but I expect Nvidia knew that and still wouldn't stop talking about it.

I like the Founders cards (the fan design is really interesting, imo). It's the few MSI/EVGA cards I've seen that look ugly to me. It also surprised me that they weren't going with the new fan configuration.

That said, the AMD leaks aren't exactly the prettiest either aesthetically.

But that's all personal preference.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:27 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yea those are awful I would only buy the founders edition cards. I’ve never had one and always wanted one.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:30 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh yea those are awful I would only buy the founders edition cards. I’ve never had one and always wanted one.

Yeah, they're very pretty.

The one thing that does always interest me about Nvidia cards is Cuda. I've found it to be very, very good for rendering

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:42 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

So NVIDIa has to approve all designs. They obviously don’t want their board of advisors or whatever the Third party GPU Manufacturers are called for them.

And I don’t think NVIDA would let them copy their FE designs. Don’t know how much wiggle room they have to make third party cards after all that.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:45 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd still prefer they allow them to use the new fan design. Assuming they even want to.

****ing scalpers, though. 3080s gone just like that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 06:46 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 07:52 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I'm getting the RTX 3080 when it's available. ~35% extra performance for nearly half the cost when compared to the 2080Ti.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 08:06 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 10:04 PM