KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Matrix is great but...

Matrix is great but...
Started by: Apoc

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Apoc

Worried Matrix is great but...

I think matrix is an epic like Star Wars, Star Trek or things like that, but there are some things that don't add up like:

1- if the machines grow humans in fields, wouldn't be logical to assume that they cloned them, so they image of themselves in the matrix is wrong.
2- if Neo is the sixth One them why is that the era of the matrix is 1990's like Smith told Neo "the prime time of your species", shouldnt it be like 2100...
3- if the agents are the gatekeepers why don't they chase Merovingian and other outcast programs like they did with the keymaker.
4- if they destroy zion 5 times before who tha hell rebuilds it everytime 13 man and 7 women? don't think so...

and more stuff but whe must understand this is a movie not real life, no need to be irritanting.

PS:sorry for my english embarrasment stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 09:46 AM
Apoc is currently offline Click here to Send Apoc a Private Message Find more posts by Apoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

hmm maybe they didn't clone us.. we humans have a knack for reproducing quite nicely.. w/ the troublesome genetic defects early clone are sure to have

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:00 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think the time of the simulation has to be at a time where the Machines vageuly understand and feel comfortable but BEFORE any real work on AI was done.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

1) The machines need healthy crops. And since the machines probably know how to read our genetic codes, they can simply grow humans, to ensure the crop is healthy, that is, take the appropriate cells and produce a new human. Also, the machines (at least some of them) are aware of the anomaly that will arise, and the 1% who rejects the Matrix, they’re aware of Zion and the higher-ups (like the Architect) know that the Matrix loops. It would be damn hard to locate the rebels and the anomaly if the pod-humans all looked the same, and their digital selves did.
2) The Matrix most likely loops from 1900 t0 1999, and then back again. It loops through the 20th century only. The actual date in the real world is more likely 2699 not 2199. The war between the AI’s and humans broke out somewhere in the 21st century (as far as I can tell), hence the reason that is not the prime time.
3) From what I can tell, some of the old programs have found a way to hide themselves in the system. And the Merovingian offers “protection” to outdated programs, that are up for deletion. Maybe he’s found a way to make himself invisible to the main system.
4) Zion is destroyed when the One enters the Source according to the Architect. It doesn’t mean the city is completely wiped from the face (well, the near-core) of the planet. All the humans in the city are killed, and it probably does need some repairs, but the machines need the city for the next loop of the One.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:51 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

yes, i dont thnk the machines destroy the city, just the inhabitants.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 02:28 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Interesting point about cloning. If it were possible for the Machines to clone humans, why wouldn't they clone certain people, who after extensive testing, or observation in the matrix would be sure to accept the matrix's programming? After all the Machines aren't striving for diversity here, just a replenishible plentiful power source.

I know environment affects the developement of humans, but at least the machines would have crops that would be predisposed to the matrix's programming. This wouldn't excluded that some of the clones would reject the programming, but they would probably be fewer and easier to control than the rebels.

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 06:28 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

this makes me wonder, say you live in the matrix and you and your wife have a kid. do the machines just time it so that they are moving a baby pod at the same time that the virtual birth is going on? plus how would they account for the fact that the amount of people having babies in the matrix is the exact amount of there current crop? perhaps that is where still bornes come from, at the time of birth a baby from their crop wasnt available.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 06:40 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jhaston

Arrow

Just to go on Turin's point about a man and a woman having a baby in the Matrix (still born etc....)

Well, each and every baby that is ever to be born is already incapsulated as a baby(battery). In other words, the child has been born before it had been concieved in the Matrix.

It would almost seem logical, as it is the machines that have pre-programmed the matrix, (perhaps!)

This may link along some of the thinking in the forum about the matrix looping. There are an unthinkable number of humans preset. It is all mathematical and mechanical, which is why it is programmed by machines. (maybe!)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 12:33 AM
jhaston is currently offline Click here to Send jhaston a Private Message Find more posts by jhaston Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

Let me get this straight ...

The who point of this thread is that The star wars plot line has less holes in it than The Matrix franchise ?

Interesting

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 08:03 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

Let me get this straight ...

The who point of this thread is that The star wars plot line has less holes in it than The Matrix franchise ?

Interesting smile

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 08:03 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

oh i dont know. i could find holes in star wars...but no one likes to doubt their own religion wink

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 11:56 PM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote