KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrats Threaten New Impeachment to Stop SCOTUS

Democrats Threaten New Impeachment to Stop SCOTUS
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Democrats Threaten New Impeachment to Stop SCOTUS

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 03:44 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I mean if the Republicans aren't going to play by the rules they set why should the Democrats not also play hardball?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 04:14 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Scalia's replacement nomination from Obama took 46 days. Merrick Garland was Obama's pick.

Sooooo....RBG's can take 50 days and still be longer than Scalia. Right? The difference is, the senate is still a majority GOP. So unlike Obama's nomination of Garland, whoever Trump nominates could get accepted far faster than Garland's protracted debate.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 04:27 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Would impeaching him actually prevent him from nominating someone?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
I mean if the Republicans aren't going to play by the rules they set why should the Democrats not also play hardball?

LMFAO@ if you think the democrats have ever been playing by the god**** rules. The f***ers wanna have another shitshow impeachment then they should quit being little b**ch ass cowards and just do it. But nah, they don't have the balls to do it again.

It is just a pathetic bluff to try to scare Trump into not selecting someone before election. It is tantamount to blackmail. Pelosi should have her wrinkled ass arrested. thumb up

It is not "against the rules" to nominate someone to the SC when there is a vacancy, ffs.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 21st, 2020 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:08 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
Would impeaching him actually prevent him from nominating someone?

No. It's just more treason stuff. Abusing the system to commit treason because "partisan politics." What a cesspool.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
LMFAO@ if you think the democrats have ever been playing by the god**** rules. The f***ers wanna have another shitshow impeachment then they should quit being little b**ch ass cowards and just do it. But nah, they don't have the balls to do it again.

It is just a pathetic bluff to try to scare Trump into not selecting someone before election. It is tantamount to blackmail. Pelosi should have her wrinkled ass arrested. thumb up

It is not "against the rules" to nominate someone to the SC when there is a vacancy, ffs.
Oh Fly/star428...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:16 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by dadudemon
No. It's just more treason stuff. Abusing the system to commit treason because "partisan politics." What a cesspool.

So what would the point be if it didn’t actually prevent him from nominating someone?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trying to do away with the electoral college is not playing by the rules.

Pushing for universal mail-in voting is not playing by the rules.

Trying to do away with all mandatory voter ID before voting is not playing by the rules.

Throwing a little b**ch ass temper tantrum and tearing up the president's speech at the SotU address is not playing by the rules.

Expanding the SC is not playing by the rules .

Saying that the blue states will secede if they lose the election is not playing by the rules.

Filling a vacancy on a SC is TOTALLY playing by the rules though.

LMAO @ the notion that it is Republicans who haven't been playing by the rules. I'm sorry,dude, but that was just an ignorant statement... either that or you were just trolling.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 21st, 2020 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:21 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Oh Fly/star428...

Eat shit, dumb a** troll. Go jack off or something. *shows middle finger*

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 21st, 2020 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:23 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still can't get over NJ saying that it is the Republicans who don't play by the rules lmao.

I've seen many stupid statements on this forum but that one has to take the cake as the dumbest one I've ever read... which is why I think the guy was actually just trolling.... even someone like pooty couldn't truly be that damn dumb.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which rules aren't they playing by?

Do not try to say the rules from 2016, cuz they said multiple times that was because the senate and white house were held by different parties which is not the case now.

But I'm sure besides that you had a different rule they didn't follow in mind and I'd love to hear about it.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 07:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

What is the actual quote?

I could only find a "every arrow in our quiver" one.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 07:35 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"During an interview on ABC News’ “This Week,” Pelosi, D-Calif., was asked whether she and House Democrats would move to impeach the president, or Attorney General Bill Barr in an effort to prevent the Senate from acting.

“We have our options. We have arrows in our quiver that I’m not about to discuss right now, but the fact is we have a big challenge in our country,” Pelosi said. “This president has threatened to not even accept the results of the election.”

She added: “Our main goal would be to protect the integrity of the election as we protect the people from the coronavirus.”

Pelosi was pressed again on whether she would employ impeachment tactics, to which she said the Constitution requires that Congress “use every arrow in our quiver.”

IOW: She won't rule out using it.

Which already shows their desperation.

Though, magnanimous as this kunt is, she did say she wouldn't try to leverage a government shutdown over the issue. Bless her.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 07:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

So she didn't say it. Ok 👍

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 10:01 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No she just didn't rule it out.

If someone can explain how it isn't pathetic, I'm all ears.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 10:06 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s like you have no clue what you are speaking about. Maybe stick to the CBVF where your imagination can run wild.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 10:06 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember these folk claim to understand nuance...until understanding nuance could benefit Republicans.

I love it. I love seeing them feign ignorance cuz orange man bad.

And the best part is the only recourse is to go "I wasn't feigning, I am just this ignorant".

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 10:07 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Amazing how in some situations certain people say "you have to prove this person said X or it's not true" and in others the same people say "that person didn't say Y but they insinuated it and that's proof".

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 10:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Amazing how in some situations certain people say "you have to prove this person said X or it's not true" and in others the same people say "that person didn't say Y but they insinuated it and that's proof".

Neat, very very neat.

Anyways, pathetic souls on this board have gone with the logic of "but the implications tho" so if you want to call their logic retarded, please do so it would delight me. Shall you?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 10:14 PM