KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrats Threaten New Impeachment to Stop SCOTUS

Democrats Threaten New Impeachment to Stop SCOTUS
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah the fact they get to play by different rules then they set for others always works out well for a country laughing out loud

That's why I plan on moving out of this country within the year.

Can you move out sooner?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 04:48 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Can you move out sooner?
No I still plan on voting in the election and hopefully if the blue wave comes I might stick around longer. wink

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 04:49 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Can you move out sooner?

laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 04:50 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
So if what you say is true they are hypocrites and liars

Sounds like that should be the definition next to US politican in the dictionarysmile

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 04:51 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Speaking of other counties. America really needs to go something about the quality of our internet. I have better internet here in Mexico than I go back home and it’s way cheaper. It’s pathetic.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 04:52 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

@Backfire

America really needs to do something about a lot of stuff.

It's why I've decided to live overseas at least for a year.

It's hard to justify starting a family here if I can move to another country where I know they'll get better opportunities.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 04:54 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yeah the fact they get to play by different rules then they set for others always works out well for a country laughing out loud

My BFF is planning on moving out of the country if Trump wins again. He has severe TDS but actually has nuance to his positions. He hates the GOP. Hates them with a passion.

He works in social services, too. So he sees how disastrous American conservative political positions are on children (and PoC children). They need money and safety nets. They need proper care and education. He wants the drug war and the for-profit prisons to go away, ASAP. Taking away a single father from 2 children (black) because the father on his way to sell drugs to a party of college kids is the stupidest story he's ever told me. Black father of 2 young kids going away for 3-5 years for small time drug trading. No violence involved. 2 kids lives ruined. And there's no hope to end this kind of problem any time soon.

Anyway, yeah, wish you didn't leave the US. You have a reasonable voice from the left. People need your voice. We need you here to call out the B.S. And help us make the liberal changes needed to make this country better. But I can understand getting so fed up that you abandon us.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 05:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by dadudemon
My BFF is planning on moving out of the country if Trump wins again. He has severe TDS but actually has nuance to his positions. He hates the GOP. Hates them with a passion.

He works in social services, too. So he sees how disastrous American conservative political positions are on children (and PoC children). They need money and safety nets. They need proper care and education. He wants the drug war and the for-profit prisons to go away, ASAP. Taking away a single father from 2 children (black) because the father on his way to sell drugs to a party of college kids is the stupidest story he's ever told me. Black father of 2 young kids going away for 3-5 years for small time drug trading. No violence involved. 2 kids lives ruined. And there's no hope to end this kind of problem any time soon.

Anyway, yeah, wish you didn't leave the US. You have a reasonable voice from the left. People need your voice. We need you here to call out the B.S. And help us make the liberal changes needed to make this country better. But I can understand getting so fed up that you abandon us.
Well like I said if I have the opportunity to start a family somewhere else where they will simply be afforded better opportunities it's hard to convince myself to stay.

Especially with Trump where I don't see anything getting better.

I just happen to be lucky to be in a field and have a skillset that will allow me to move pretty easily. To the point where I think my only barrier is really learning the local language for wherever I end up going

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 05:06 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
Speaking of other counties. America really needs to go something about the quality of our internet. I have better internet here in Mexico than I go back home and it’s way cheaper. It’s pathetic.

I've posted about this topic multiple times including research.

We actually are hurting our economy by having a slower and unreliable internet. Net Neutrality should also be a thing. It's a utility and should be treated as such.

If your road is rated for 10 ton vehicles and lower, up to speeds of 55MPH, 10 ton vehicles and lower should all get to drive on that road up to 55MPH. No traffic cops should come along and force Subaru's to drive more slowly just because 1/20 cars are Subarus. So why should stuff like this be done to internet traffic?

Netflix takes up more bandwidth? Charge them for a "fatter" pipe. Don't slow the traffic for all of Netflix. And use some of that hundreds of billions of dollars in federal dollars you've been given to fatten your pipes and improve the quality of service across your entire internet infrastructure. How 'bout dat?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 05:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
@Backfire

America really needs to do something about a lot of stuff.

It's why I've decided to live overseas at least for a year.

It's hard to justify starting a family here if I can move to another country where I know they'll get better opportunities.
Haha this reminds me or me when I realised similar things. Be brave young ones and embrace emerging nations.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 05:07 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Well like I said if I have the opportunity to start a family somewhere else where they will simply be afforded better opportunities it's hard to convince myself to stay.

Especially with Trump where I don't see anything getting better.

I just happen to be lucky to be in a field and have a skillset that will allow me to move pretty easily. To the point where I think my only barrier is really learning the local language for wherever I end up going

I'm in the same boat. I can work any where in the world and make great money in Cybersecurity leadership or even low-level analyst positions (even the analysists can make six figures). But I won't leave the US. I'll keep pounding away at the politics of it in my spare time. My biggest goals are:

1. End the Drug War.
2. End all our foreign wars
3. Vastly reduce our foreign military presence.
4. Implement an affordable UHC program.
5. Explore/research UBI for the bottom 2 quintiles of income earners.
6. Implement term limits.
7. Implement rank choice voting at the local, state, and national levels.

6 and 7 are already being worked on with the political organization that authored the "American Anti-Corruption Act": Represent Us. I'm a founding member for the Oklahoma Chapter. smile

Excuse me, I need to rest a bit. My arms are getting cramps from patting myself on the back so much.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 05:10 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm in the same boat. I can work any where in the world and make great money in Cybersecurity leadership or even low-level analyst positions (even the analysists can make six figures). But I won't leave the US. I'll keep pounding away at the politics of it in my spare time. My biggest goals are:

1. End the Drug War.

6 and 7 are already being worked on with the political organization that authored the "American Anti-Corruption Act": Represent Us. I'm a founding member for the Oklahoma Chapter. smile

Excuse me, I need to rest a bit. My arms are getting cramps from patting myself on the back so much.

Need to start doing stretches.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 05:21 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you move out sooner?

laughing laughing thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 05:25 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

1. End the Drug War.

Awesome and I agree with basically all of those. So good luck!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 05:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tell me this magical country you're moving to where things like what you just described no not happen

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 06:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Surtur
Tell me this magical country you're moving to where things like what you just described no not happen
I applaud you for your attempt but I'm not talking about a magical country.

The truth is there are just better options out there to living in the U.S. or am I wrong?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 06:57 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

*shrugs* You made a pretty specific claim about why you were moving to another country so I am curious which country you have in mind where things like what you described do not happen.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 06:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

*shrugs* You made a pretty specific claim about why you were moving to another country so I am curious which country you have in mind where things like what you described do not happen.
I also never said it never happens in other countries either.

I just think it's getting so bad here other countries are just plain a better option. If that isn't a good enough answer for you then I don't care erm

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 07:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it like Finland or something

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 07:02 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Is it like Finland or something
Are you trying to figure out where I'm going to see if you'll like it because you secretly want me to take you with me but can't admit it publicly? confused

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 07:05 PM