KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Can Hulk rotate the Wheels of Mageddon once?

Can Hulk rotate the Wheels of Mageddon once?
Started by: Classic NES

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

All of this controversy and these accusations just make me want to work harder on my respect threads, and gaining a reputation as an unbiased party. As I don't really do serious debating anymore, and I respect DC and Marvel equally, hopefully whenever there's a dispute about 'is this feat legit or not'? Or if something is being misrepresented, people will default to 'ask Mike to take a look at it.'

Probably need to work a lot harder to make that the case, though.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 06:50 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

So, this goes back to the WF debate. C'mon guys lets stay on topic. You guys can make a thread about WF if you want but this about the cogs of mageddon.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 06:50 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
All of this controversy and these accusations just make me want to work harder on my respect threads, and gaining a reputation as an unbiased party. As I don't really do serious debating anymore, and I respect DC and Marvel equally, hopefully whenever there's a dispute about 'is this feat legit or not'? Or if something is being misrepresented, people will default to 'ask Mike to take a look at it.'

Galan generally does what you're describing.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 06:51 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by JBL
Go do research and find out for yourself like I did or go read the comic. You Superman fans and undercover superman supporters have a well known habit of questioning anything said about superman that you don't like. Abhil is lying as usual. When it was said that Superman destroyed a multiverse, did you ask for proof? No. When it was said that Superman was depowered before he hit WF, did you ask for proof? No. When abhil said that Superman was stronger than Gladiator, Sentry, Hyperion and count nefaria put together, did you ask for proof? No. But let someone say superman didn't do this or that, THEN you come running asking for proof.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No, I'm asking you what , in your opinion, debunks it. Which specific proof or arguments were enough to convince you?

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 06:54 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Classic NES
Galan generally does what you're describing.

Well one person can't cover everything, so the more the merrier.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 07:06 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Well one person can't cover everything, so the more the merrier.

Go for it and good luck!

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 07:12 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Nobody will default to a single person, or a 'council' of persons [lol] because we've all [generally] been reading comics for almost 2 decades, Mike, and those who haven't read specific arcs and information have them readily available.

It's the persons who haven't been reading the comics and just go off respect threads being the ones endlessly mocked and corrected at every turn.

Your effort in making RTs is much appreciated, but it's not a substitute for people informing and rationalizing their positions themselves.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:00 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well the thing is that a lot of people like to selectively read comics and take stuff out of context, and I want to endeavor to do that as little as possible.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:28 PM
Philosophía

Well, then you have about 2674 pages of comic book vs threads to go through.

This stuff has, does, and will always happen. You can have 10 persons reading the same comics, seeing them different, and they'll swear they're unbiased, or that they're reading it the right way, and then you get 20 pages in a thread where they're arguing for nobody.

It's part of the charm of comic book threads.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:32 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Yeah, of course I don't think I can solve everything. But at least I can maybe help shed some light on some controversial claims...?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:47 PM
Philosophía

Of course, that's what most users are doing in various threads, chiming in with their interpretations of various scenes.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:55 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Yeah, of course I don't think I can solve everything. But at least I can maybe help shed some light on some controversial claims...?

We have alot less new posters on this board or users new to comics. Most people here have been reading comics for several decades. So, there's a lot less of a need for experience readers to show people the ropes like was the case 10-15 years ago.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:59 PM
Smurph
------

We have alot less new posters on this board or users new to comics. Most people here have been reading comics for several decades. So, there's a lot less of a need for experience readers to show people the ropes like was the case 10-15 years ago.
And yet…

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:01 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well I meant more along the lines of someone who is willing to do a lot of research in order to test various claims.

Like I remember for a while, people kept claiming that future Franklin Richards (Psi-Lord) used the power of a Big Bang once, but when I actually read the comic, he was just transmuting some rock into antimatter, and he said "Get ready for the big bang", which, in that particular context, just meant 'large explosion', not the energy of the creation of the universe like people had been saying.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:23 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Well I meant more along the lines of someone who is willing to do a lot of research in order to test various claims.

Like I remember for a while, people kept claiming that future Franklin Richards (Psi-Lord) used the power of a Big Bang once, but when I actually read the comic, he was just transmuting some rock into antimatter, and he said "Get ready for the big bang", which, in that particular context, just meant 'large explosion', not the energy of the creation of the universe like people had been saying.

Alot of claims that were once considered indisputable are being fact checked. I think we live in the era of comic discussions where once sacred truths are being challenged; at least on this board anyway. It's everyday now.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:45 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

I hate to say this, but this is what I found when I first joined this site. People claim that I hated superman because I actually researched their claims and found 90 percent of them were false. I like the way you think, find out the truth and don't listen to some nut that makes a false claim and then others jump on board without a shread of evidence. Now if you correct them about superman, you ARE going to get called every insulting name they can come up with. So be careful. Remember this place cherish the S man.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:49 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by JBL
I hate to say this, but this is what I found when I first joined this site. People claim that I hated superman because I actually researched their claims and found 90 percent of them were false. I like the way you think, find out the truth and don't listen to some nut that makes a false claim and then others jump on board without a shread of evidence. Now if you correct them about superman, you ARE going to get called every insulting name they can come up with. So be careful. Remember this place cherish the S man.

Well I'm going through Pre-Crisis Superman comics right now, starting with the Golden Age. Although I haven't gotten to most of his more famous feats yet.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:50 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Well I'm going through Pre-Crisis Superman comics right now, starting with the Golden Age. Although I haven't gotten to most of his more famous feats yet.

Yeah, his best pre-crisis are in the silver age.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:51 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Like the question asks.

What is to say that moving them requires any particular level of strength? There are plenty of mechanical principles you can rely on to mitigate forces.

(please log in to view the image)

To quote Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."

Last edited by Astner on May 24th, 2022 at 12:02 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:51 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well to move something using less force, it has to be exerted over a longer distance. Again, I would have to reread the story arc to see if there are indications of the physical dimensions and characteristics of the wheels.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 24th, 2022 12:21 AM