KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
Still fails to see my point I see.

That's were you're wrong

but my previous post at you still stands.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 12:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You can see someone’s point and still know it’s wrong.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 12:35 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Likewise.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 01:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Surprised I didnt see any crying here about Commissioner Gordon being black now in the Matt Reeves Batman or something, for someone to be that salty over the Leon actor.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 03:00 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I would imagine it's partially because Leon has a much bigger fanbase than Jim Gordon does.

That, and after the Snyder version of Batman, I would imagine a lot of people will tolerate Gordon being changed if it means getting a decent Batman movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 07:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I would imagine it's partially because Leon has a much bigger fanbase than Jim Gordon does.

That, and after the Snyder version of Batman, I would imagine a lot of people will tolerate Gordon being changed if it means getting a decent Batman movie.

There’s that, plus I also don’t care much for Batman, nor his team and friends. Where as Leon was the first character I played with when I was first introduced into the RE series.

But what annoys me more, are people that are mad that a Black person refuses to except existing white characters being turned into minorities to appeal to me. I mean, that’s straight up Bizarro world.

Would it not be far better to create actually minority characters instead?

Imagine the anger if Disney/Marvel where to make the new Black Panther Chinese just to appease to the Chinese market?

Also, Barbara is a red head, how is that going to play if she’s ever introduced

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 04:19 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Avan (the guy picked as Leon) probably would've been easier to see as Carlos or someone, but if he's got the range to pull off Leon well, then don't really care. It's your hill to die on if this film's ruined for you just off of one guy's ethnicity.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 09:28 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will prolly see but hopefully lots of violence

Violence and gore.

R-rated or nothing.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 09:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Avan (the guy picked as Leon) probably would've been easier to see as Carlos or someone, but if he's got the range to pull off Leon well, then don't really care. It's your hill to die on if this film's ruined for you just off of one guy's ethnicity.

Range has noting to do with this. What annoys me is the blatant insult minorities are given. Hollywood/Comics industry are saying, you minorities monies are good, so we’ll pander to you by taking a character with years of stories that happens to be white and turned them Black or whatever.

It’s stupid and damn lazy.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 11:36 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Violence and gore.

R-rated or nothing.

it better have bloody gore and violence. besides avan joglia who plays leon, he will be singing all throughout the film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 11th, 2020 01:54 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Surprised I didnt see any crying here about Commissioner Gordon being black now in the Matt Reeves Batman or something, for someone to be that salty over the Leon actor.

People also didn't cry about changing the race for Heimdall for the Thor films too.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2020 02:49 AM
Impediment
Endless

This definitely looks better than the fetid dog shit Resident Evil movies by Paul W.S. Anderson, but I’m still very leery.

It seems as though the storylines from RE 1 and 2 are being amalgamated into one film for reason I have no clue.

I’ll see this, but I’m still not expecting anything epic.

Oh, and I utterly cannot believe they chose *THAT* auditory abortion of a song for this trailer.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 06:00 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, this still looks better than the Alice films or Mortal Kombat 2021. I get why people aren't quite sold on it though. Some of the casting which the trailer didn't make me feel better about, looking like they'll rush plot points between RE 1 and 2, the Lisa Trevor thing, and such. But still curious enough to check out.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 09:11 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Running zombies are an insult to the zombie genre, only the very few films managed to pull it off.

And since the whole point is staying faithful to the games this time, not repeating the old mistakes, they shouldn't start with those.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 09:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Looks like a corny, shitty B movie, so pretty accurate to the mood and style of the old games.

Could be fun.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 10:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Extremely poor choice of music for the trailer, but otherwise I'm intrigued. What BackFire said.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 10:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The only movie i liked from the Paul W.S. Anderson ones was the first one, After that one they went to dogshit.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 05:02 AM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Live Action Resident Evil movies will never work and not be taken seriously because the games ideas were just a mishmash of John Carpenters The Thing, George A. Romero's Zombie movies and even the Fox Alien movies.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 02:29 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I enjoyed the trailer, at least when compared to the other largely terrible movies, it looks good and as long as the script isn't overly stupid (big ask I know) it might be fun.

Are people really complaining about Leon being race swapped? It's not like the actor playing him is Yaphet Kotto ffs, he'll probably just look like a tanned white guy TBH.

However the race swapping will be noticeable when Leon gives that great speech from the game about being white, the scenes where he discovers his white heritage will be a problem too.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 02:54 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

This looks so bad I couldn't even finish watching the trailer.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 08:53 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote