KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Invincible

Invincible
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Invincible

Invincible coming to Amazon Prime.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 07:42 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I thought the trailer was fun, and the animation evokes the comic, which is kind of rare and nice to see.

Though I never noticed how much Omni Man looks like J Jonah Jameson in the book.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 08:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks good, can't wait.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 01:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks freaking f 'ing good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 07:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Figured I'd repost this here...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

Honestly looks really good... Especially around the 1:30 mark. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 05:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do we have a release date?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 06:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by riv6672
I thought the trailer was fun, and the animation evokes the comic, which is kind of rare and nice to see.

Though I never noticed how much Omni Man looks like J Jonah Jameson in the book.

He kind of does. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 06:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I can't see Invincible without thinking about The Ray.

Christopher Priest run. Convinced a lot of influences came out of that, like an ******* father who's only slightly less sociopathic then early Omni-Man, but never has a character arc where he becomes a better man.

There's a meta justification in it where Ray goes back in time before his father got his powers and was an honest scientist, goes ape shit on him accusing him of dickery he hadn't done yet, and nearly kills him. Essentially breaks his father's mind before he's even born.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 06:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Surtur
March 26th.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 08:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur

same day as Snydercut evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face

but I definitely will be watching

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 08:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
I can't see Invincible without thinking about The Ray.

Christopher Priest run. Convinced a lot of influences came out of that, like an ******* father who's only slightly less sociopathic then early Omni-Man, but never has a character arc where he becomes a better man.

There's a meta justification in it where Ray goes back in time before his father got his powers and was an honest scientist, goes ape shit on him accusing him of dickery he hadn't done yet, and nearly kills him. Essentially breaks his father's mind before he's even born.

I just remember discovering Invincible way back in like 2006 when it was relatively unknown still even though it first came out in 2003. So I caught up with all the issues and it was awesome. It really pulled me in more than any of the DC or Marvel comics at the time.

I confess though I still haven't finished the comic series. I was around like 120 issues in. I have to finish it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 03:25 PM
cdtm

The finale is pretty good. thumb up

Battle Beast vs Thragg is must read.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 03:36 PM
ares834

The animation is a bit rough. They probably should have used less budget on the voice cast and put more of it in the animation... But otherwise looks pretty good.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 03:36 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

First 3 episodes are out, and they're definitely worth a watch. thumb up

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 07:33 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Watched ep1 last night and it was really good.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 08:06 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Good lord the end of episode 1. I forgot about that scene in the comics it's been so long.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 08:08 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

like the 1st episode.. watching 2nd one now

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 10:26 PM
tkitna

Good stuff for sure

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 04:23 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Loved it. I discovered Invincible ages ago and wanted to read it, but never got around to it. Now I am so glad! Both my brother and I sat stunned at the end of Ep 1, wondering what the %$#@! just happened.

Haven't been that surprised by a twist in ages.

So please, when discussing, use spoilers!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 07:12 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by KingD19
Good lord the end of episode 1. I forgot about that scene in the comics it's been so long.

I remembered. smile

Think they're doing things out of order. Allen comes before the massacre, I believe.

Probably did it this way to bring in Demon Detective, he's new to the show.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 01:59 PM