KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Invincible

Invincible
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
It’ll be interesting to see why Omni Man killed [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the guardians. Guessing we find out at some point. Dunno if that’s a spoiler but thought I’d spoiler it just in case.
He didn't like their name.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 03:40 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Earth is a big rock in space.

The Stone Protectors?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 12:31 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nolan going beast mode never ceases to amuse. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 01:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Nolan's the only thing they nailed. Don't much care for the changes they made on other characters, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: like Cecil acting disgusted at associating the his reformed asset, when comic cecil always treated him with respect. I guess they're trying to make Cecil more sympathetic, but he really isn't meant to be.

And they went the complete opposite direction on Mark, he's coming across as an straight up *******. Yet ironically, the William/Amber/Eve response to his dual identity dilemma and the reveal also seemed really unfair towards him, in spite of the fact he really is being a jerk.

Like "Ok, so you're saving city from a monster. But you were still late for a date!"

Priorities totally in order.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2021 03:56 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Yeah, the more I think about it the less I care for the black and white morality.

I understand you need to make changes for adaptations, but the whole point of Cecil Stedman is his moral ambiguity. He's essentially Captain Ahab with an obsession, and his White Whale is protecting America (And the Earth, but he's a government dog at heart). To that end he'll do anything, even make a deal with the devil himself.

Essentially. he is to Invincible as Rorschach is to The Watchmen.

So imagine Rorschach saying "You know what, you're right. Lets hide the truth about Ozymandias... For the good of the world."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2021 03:07 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I've been enjoying the show so far even though I think some of the animation is a bit rough. Though I did get enough media exposure to this to know that Mark is supposed to have some uber fight with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Conquest

Though a few questions for those that might know the comic a bit more. To start [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Is Cecil supposed to be morally ambiguous? In the show he seems more steadily aligned to "good" with a bit of edge. Also I've heard that Nolan is supposed to beat up Mark pretty bad after revealing who he is though I'm not sure how that's going to happen. Futhermore I not sure if Mark was supposed to be kind of a jerk early in the series though the reaction to his breakup was a bit overblown: though William is kind of justified being at ground zero of Mark's screw up IMO

Old Post Apr 24th, 2021 04:41 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I've been enjoying the show so far even though I think some of the animation is a bit rough. Though I did get enough media exposure to this to know that Mark is supposed to have some uber fight with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Conquest

Though a few questions for those that might know the comic a bit more. To start [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Is Cecil supposed to be morally ambiguous? In the show he seems more steadily aligned to "good" with a bit of edge. Also I've heard that Nolan is supposed to beat up Mark pretty bad after revealing who he is though I'm not sure how that's going to happen. Futhermore I not sure if Mark was supposed to be kind of a jerk early in the series though the reaction to his breakup was a bit overblown: though William is kind of justified being at ground zero of Mark's screw up IMO

See my spoilers. smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mark was never this much of a jerk, no. I think Amber is passing the buck somewhat though, as she lied to him as much as he did to her, only he had the better excuse.

It's her right to walk away from the relationship, but not really up to her to expect Mark to choose between heroing and dating. That's simply unfair, as Marks work is frankly more important then keeping a date happy.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2021 04:55 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by cdtm
See my spoilers. smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mark was never this much of a jerk, no. I think Amber is passing the buck somewhat though, as she lied to him as much as he did to her, only he had the better excuse.

It's her right to walk away from the relationship, but not really up to her to expect Mark to choose between heroing and dating. That's simply unfair, as Marks work is frankly more important then keeping a date happy.

Well that's kind of a bummer. Though[SPOILER - highlight to read]: If Amber knew about Mark being Invincible I think she could have gave a better reason for being mad about the campus situation. After all she would have seen him fight the weird cyborg/corpse things.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2021 07:37 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well that's kind of a bummer. Though[SPOILER - highlight to read]: If Amber knew about Mark being Invincible I think she could have gave a better reason for being mad about the campus situation. After all she would have seen him fight the weird cyborg/corpse things.

Yeah it was a tad inconsistent. It's strange that they're trying to justify Amber not being happy with him and the whole "he kept his secret identity from her" thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 09:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah it was a tad inconsistent. It's strange that they're trying to justify Amber not being happy with him and the whole "he kept his secret identity from her" thing.

The reaction in general to Marks reveal was kind of lame. Almost as bad as The Plutonians girlfriend reporter lashing out and trying to ruin him.

Even if she already knew, being so cavalier about a pretty big leap of faith just makes everyone look stupid.

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 26th, 2021 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 01:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
The reaction in general to Marks reveal was kind of lame. Almost as bad as The Plutonians girlfriend reporter lashing out and trying to ruin him.

Even if she already knew, being so cavalier about a pretty big leap of faith just makes everyone look stupid.

Yeah, it's the weakest part of the show by far.

I've really enjoyed everything with Nolan though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 03:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I enjoyed the newest episode. Finally got to watch it today.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 27th, 2021 04:07 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Galan007
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: If the show follows the comics, then they'll reattach Immortal's head to his body, and *poof*, he'll be alive again.

Basically what happened. Even if short lived :P

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 27th, 2021 08:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So, you think the Bulletproof side story is happening?

You know, the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: accidentally murder of his parents, followed by covering it up and just pretending they died in a car wreck?

I forgot all about that, read it last night.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 11:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Didn't think of this until someone else mentioned it, but is Amber supposed to be a legit crazy b!tch or just poorly written? She called Mark a coward for running away from her perspective, but then claims she always knew he was Invincible all along later on.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 30th, 2021 04:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't think of this until someone else mentioned it, but is Amber supposed to be a legit crazy b!tch or just poorly written? She called Mark a coward for running away from her perspective, but then claims she always knew he was Invincible all along later on.

I don't know how much of what we see is Kirkman, compared to other writers or executive meddling, but I will say he has always written characters as a little bit crazy.

Mark for example goes from soapboxing against killing, to just kind of shrugging his shoulders if an alien does it (Because culture man, who are we to judge?), to casually murdering a guy possessed by alien parasites that could have been saved, to breaking a dinosaur villian out of prison to be an eco-terrorist and indirectly cause the ice caps to melt and cause cities to fall into the ocean.

And these things have absolutely no long term consequences at all. smile

Old Post Apr 30th, 2021 04:16 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Well [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the big beat down that everyone saw coming finally happened. Though seeing Nolan beat Mark to a pulp was still grizzly. Also Conquest made a cameo.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2021 04:31 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If the Mark/Nolan fight was that gore-filled, the Conquest fight should be truly epic... thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2021 08:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Robtard
I just took it as angsty teenager trying to process her emotions. Plus she probably couldn't have just told him out in public why she was mad so had to play up the he ran away angle in the moment to not give away his identity.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 1st, 2021 02:24 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I like how after all the drama Amber barely question William and Eve knows. Just a quest and acceptance.

Like she figured out Mark sucks at secret identities.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 04:33 PM