KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » RIP Sean Connery

RIP Sean Connery
Started by: jaden_2.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

RIP Sean Connery

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 01:11 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Yeah, so many of his movies kept me entertained for years, rip.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 01:19 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard about this just like 5 minutes ago. Such an iconic actor.

RIP.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 01:47 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

My favorite Bond.

Godspeed, Sir Connery.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 02:02 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

RIP to a cinematic titan

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 02:58 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

See you in Hell, Trebek.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 03:14 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was a great man. RIP.

Also f*ck it I LIKED League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 06:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best Bond and The Man Who Would Be King is a fave.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 07:09 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I admit I've seen like maybe half of 1 Bond movie with Connery.

The only Bond movie I've watched from beginning to end was Goldeneye. And that was more cuz of it's connection to an N64 game.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2020 09:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Also f*ck it I LIKED League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

Same.
And Connery was awesome in it. I’m glad he got to kick some ass in his last movie, instead of it being some doddering old man role.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2020 09:53 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

WHYYYYYYYYYYY, this year ****ing sucks fat donkey cock.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 1st, 2020 10:00 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Same.
And Connery was awesome in it. I’m glad he got to kick some ass in his last movie, instead of it being some doddering old man role.

Yes, but his experience on making it legit made him quit acting lol. He never acted in a movie again after that. I think years later he did voice work for one thing, but he never appeared on screen again.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2020 03:45 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know him less for the Bond movies and more for The Untouchables.

You wanna know how to get to Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2020 03:46 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It's weird how little I've seen about this in the news.

I guess too much shit going on. sad

I'll always enjoy Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 01:26 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yes, but his experience on making it legit made him quit acting lol. He never acted in a movie again after that. I think years later he did voice work for one thing, but he never appeared on screen again.

He suffered so that we might enjoy... sad

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 09:50 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legit re-watched League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen the other night and it holds up.

Fun fact: Alan Moore claims Connery's movie contracts always called for an explosion bigger than the previous movie. He claims this is why in the LOEG movie they had to go after all of Venice.

There is no corroborating info and Moore is known for f*cking with people. But I want this to be true.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 09:53 PM
riv6672

^^^Ha!

Also, when Moore passes away I will def. say something along the lines of “RIP to a huge hypocrite and raging a-hole”.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 10:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Ha!

Also, when Moore passes away I will def. say something along the lines of “RIP to a huge hypocrite and raging a-hole”.

You don't wanna do that.

Alan Moore and Grant Morrison’s Insane Real Wizard War

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 11:07 PM
riv6672

No, i really do. big grin

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 11:38 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I admit I've seen like maybe half of 1 Bond movie with Connery.

The only Bond movie I've watched from beginning to end was Goldeneye. And that was more cuz of it's connection to an N64 game.

Yeah, most bond movies are kinda boring to me, even ones with Sean Connery in them. I'll start watching some of the older ones and about half way through I'll get bored and watch something else.

"Never Say Never Again" was one of my favorites.

I mostly enjoyed Connery in some of his other roles in other films like Highlander (even though his character was killed about half way through it) which is one of my favorite movies of all-time, The Rock, and Hunt for Red October.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 04:25 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote