KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU Captain Marvel vs. Faora/Nam-Ek

MCU Captain Marvel vs. Faora/Nam-Ek
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Psychotron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
She never fought JL Superman, she is only as fast as her MOS feats.

Her MoS feats include fighting that same Superman unless you can prove he was upgraded. You can't.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 09:30 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

She only gets scaled to the speed MOS Superman was shown to use in their fight.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 11:45 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

No, stop trolling already. You're suck at it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 11:47 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Yes, She only gets scaled to the speed MOS Superman was shown to use in their fight.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 12:29 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
MOS Superman can't be knocked out by one (in a forum) because he tanked far worst.
Low showings contradict higher ones.
The logic isn't the same.

I'm curious. What's your opinion on scaling?
For example, If a character was proven to be stronger than another character in direct combat (Thanos > Hulk) then does that character get all of the weaker character's top "relevant" strength feats?

I'll be objective on the matter and will listen and consider your sensible take on the matter.

Yes, I'm definitely for scaling. We wouldn't be able to judge the abilities of a lot of characters without it. That said, I only believe in scaling them to a character's traits at that particular time they fought.

So I scale Faora against MOS Superman, not JL Superman as JL Superman clearly had better speed feats. For what it's worth, I consider Faora faster than MOS Superman, just not willing to grant her JL Superman's speed feats without any proof.

Doesn't matter anyway, since she's clearly faster than Carol. The question we should be asking is whether Faora and Namek can pack enough of a punch to take out Captain Mary Sue.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 06:12 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
Yes, I'm definitely for scaling. We wouldn't be able to judge the abilities of a lot of characters without it. That said, I only believe in scaling them to a character's traits at that particular time they fought.

So I scale Faora against MOS Superman, not JL Superman as JL Superman clearly had better speed feats. For what it's worth, I consider Faora faster than MOS Superman, just not willing to grant her JL Superman's speed feats without any proof.

Doesn't matter anyway, since she's clearly faster than Carol. The question we should be asking is whether Faora and Namek can pack enough of a punch to take out Captain Mary Sue.

So Thanos who was shown stronger than Hulk can only get Hulk's strength feats in that particular movie or scene?

He can't get Hulk feats from other movies if they are vastly greater?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 04:27 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

So Thanos who was shown stronger than Hulk can only get Hulk's strength feats in that particular movie or scene?

He doesn't get access to feats from movies that didn't exist at the time the feat happened.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 05:51 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Yes and no. We can scale him against any Hulk version that's equal or weaker to the Hulk that he defeated, and we can grant him a fair amount of Hulk's feats but not all. Not if he doesn't have the feats to back it up.

For example, we can probably say that Thanos beats Abomination based on scaling, but we don't have enough evidence to claim that Thanos can jump hundreds of meters like Hulk can

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 06:06 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
Yes and no. We can scale him against any Hulk version that's equal or weaker to the Hulk that he defeated, and we can grant him a fair amount of Hulk's feats but not all. Not if he doesn't have the feats to back it up.

For example, we can probably say that Thanos beats Abomination based on scaling, but we don't have enough evidence to claim that Thanos can jump hundreds of meters like Hulk can

Notice how I said, 'relevant' below. That means Thanos don't get Hulk's jumping feats since Thanos never proved his legs was stronger.
Relevant feats refers to arm strength.

I'm curious. What's your opinion on scaling?
For example, If a character was proven to be stronger than another character in direct combat (Thanos > Hulk) then does that character get all of the weaker character's top "relevant" strength feats?

It's a simple yes or no.
I asked if Thanos get all of Hulk's "RELEVANT" feats in that particular movie or scene and not from another movie (if that feat is vastly greater).

Please read carefully and dissect my words then respond.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 03:48 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote