KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Legacy of Trump and Trumpers! MAGA

The Legacy of Trump and Trumpers! MAGA
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
IMO (and psychologically speaking), Trump will be remembered as the president who embraced America's shadow, the haters that Reagan, the Bushes, and the pre-Trump Republican party disowned. But Trump saw power there and grabbed it. To that end, I give credit where credit is due. He knows how to pick a mark.

And those Trumpublicans: they will be remembered as yet another example in history of how easily the masses can be manipulated.

And (if Biden wins), Americans will be remembered as the nation that showed the world how it's done: how you push back against an autocratic grab for power, against a destroyer and his cult.

Hopefully, the Dems, that bumbling, dithering Keystone Kop party -- if they win -- will learn some lessons themselves on how best to wield power and not cater to the extremes.
This out is. thumb up

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 12:54 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Oh I really like this question. I think there is a few different areas to address.

First from a societal standard I think Trump will be similar to Bush and Reagan. His supporters will remember him fondly. Nostalgia will make them forget all the terrible parts of his presidency. If he loses his second term they may even wax poetic about all the possibilities his second term could have had. You can already see this happening now to some extent. It will be even worse in 20 years when all his supporters remember is the good stuff.

After that though I don't think history will be kind to him. He will be remembered as the president, whose policies, created a humanitarian nightmare on the Southern Border. Who oversaw one of, if not the worst, response of a country to the 2020-2021 Covid-19 pandemic. He may even be used as lessons of what not to do by leadership in a crisis of any kind. He will be remembered as the president who oversaw a costly tax deduction that increased income inequality and sent the deficit soaring again.

In the social sciences I think people will study his presidency as, maybe not the final chapter of, but the logical conclusion of what Reagan stated with using Patriotism as a political tool. I think it would be fascinating to see that breakdown showing the progression from Reagan to Bush Jr to Trump where so many people voted against their own best interests simple because of Merica. How it got progressively worse where it was used as a viable tactic to undermine legitimate discussions like systemic racism in America.

It will also be interesting to see how long that lasts past the Trump presidency.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:01 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO (and psychologically speaking), Trump will be remembered as the president who embraced America's shadow, the haters that Reagan, the Bushes, and the pre-Trump Republican party disowned. But Trump saw power there and grabbed it. To that end, I give credit where credit is due. He knows how to pick a mark.

And those Trumpublicans: they will be remembered as yet another example in history of how easily the masses can be manipulated.

And (if Biden wins), Americans will be remembered as the nation that showed the world how it's done: how you push back against an autocratic grab for power, against a destroyer and his cult.

Hopefully, the Dems, that bumbling, dithering Keystone Kop party -- if they win -- will learn some lessons themselves on how best to wield power and not cater to the extremes.
perfects post.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:08 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
Oh I really like this question. I think there is a few different areas to address.

First from a societal standard I think Trump will be similar to Bush and Reagan. His supporters will remember him fondly. Nostalgia will make them forget all the terrible parts of his presidency. If he loses his second term they may even wax poetic about all the possibilities his second term could have had. You can already see this happening now to some extent. It will be even worse in 20 years when all his supporters remember is the good stuff.

After that though I don't think history will be kind to him. He will be remembered as the president, whose policies, created a humanitarian nightmare on the Southern Border. Who oversaw one of, if not the worst, response of a country to the 2020-2021 Covid-19 pandemic. He may even be used as lessons of what not to do by leadership in a crisis of any kind. He will be remembered as the president who oversaw a costly tax deduction that increased income inequality and sent the deficit soaring again.

In the social sciences I think people will study his presidency as, maybe not the final chapter of, but the logical conclusion of what Reagan stated with using Patriotism as a political tool. I think it would be fascinating to see that breakdown showing the progression from Reagan to Bush Jr to Trump where so many people voted against their own best interests simple because of Merica. How it got progressively worse where it was used as a viable tactic to undermine legitimate discussions like systemic racism in America.

It will also be interesting to see how long that lasts past the Trump presidency.
perfect post

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:08 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

So many things I almost forgot the impeachment part. His impeachment will probably hold legal sway in such matters for years to come.

Also history will probably think he got away with one for that. Historians will probably talk things like the extreme political grandstanding in the congressional investigations. They will talk about how witnesses were not allowed to testify.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:12 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

So many things I almost forgot the impeachment part. His impeachment will probably hold legal sway in such matters for years to come.

Also history will probably think he got away with one for that. Historians will probably talk things like the extreme political grandstanding in the congressional investigations. They will talk about how witnesses were not allowed to testify.
Do you think he has got away with things, do you think people will go after him when he is voted out? Could America search its soul that deeply?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:22 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Do you think he has got away with things, do you think people will go after him when he is voted out? Could America search its soul that deeply?
Oh yeah I think the wolves are coming for him.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:35 PM
Artol

I'd be incredibly surprised if anything happened to him after his presidency.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:44 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAloysius

Originally posted by Lestov16
Me personally, I will always view Trump as the CONFIRMED ANTICHRIST and his supporters as DEPLORABLE LOCUSTS OF THE ABYSS, but they'll probably be lucky, so the rest of the world will just view them as pathetic losers thumb up
yes

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:45 PM
DarthAloysius is currently offline Click here to Send DarthAloysius a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAloysius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope so, but your faith in due process is greater than mine, I'm from the UK, I've lived in some funny places and I do believe some people are above the law for a variety of reasons. I include past British prime ministers in that.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:46 PM
Artol

I hope so, but your faith in due process is greater than mine, I'm from the UK, I've lived in some funny places and I do believe some people are above the law for a variety of reasons. I include past British prime ministers in that.

Yeah, like war criminals that are somehow still in the Labour party, while decent politicians that point out political bias in the establishment are suspended....just as an example...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 02:48 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

do you think people will go after him when he is voted out?
Unquestionably. Losing an election is embarrassing enough; for someone as thin-skinned as him, even worse. But I'm sure what has him most scared is the 16-20 criminal investigations set to go or already ongoing, into him, his family, his businesses. His life has caught up with him, and it's time to pay the piper.

Exactly how I've been phrasing it to family and friends.

------------------------------

But ... must be said: he ain't lost yet.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 04:03 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Unquestionably. Losing an election is embarrassing enough; for someone as thin-skinned as him, even worse. But I'm sure what has him most scared is the 16-20 criminal investigations set to go or already ongoing, into him, his family, his businesses. His life has caught up with him, and it's time to pay the piper.

True the proverbial fat lady hasn't sung yet lol

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 04:06 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Silent Master
LOL rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Cope harder.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 06:01 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

perfects post.
perfect post

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Cope harder.

thumb up yes ❤️ 💯

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 06:22 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Artol
Yeah, like war criminals that are somehow still in the Labour party, while decent politicians that point out political bias in the establishment are suspended....just as an example...
Yup thumb up

I hope so, and no, he hasn't gone yet, like the Trumpers and right wing gaslighters here he will fight to the end. No matter how beaten and humiliated.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 06:40 PM
ares834

Lock him up. Lock him up.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 06:45 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

His followers? Rob, how will history see these people?
Most were just voting against the Democrat. His most loyal followers? Retarded.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 06:57 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Yup thumb up I hope so, and no, he hasn't gone yet, like the Trumpers and right wing gaslighters here he will fight to the end. No matter how beaten and humiliated.

Imo, Trump supporters have three options:
Surrender (and be humiliated for Trump's mercilessness)
Hide (and be found and punished for their cowardice)
Fight (and lose because they are INDISPUTABLY AND UNFORGIVABLY ETHICALLY AND EMPIRICALLY REPREHENSIBLE)

The fourth option, DON'T VOTE FOR TRUMP, was unfortunately taken off the table a couple days ago

Originally posted by ares834
Lock him up. Lock him up.

Trump should have locked Hillary up. Because now her faction will do a chance to do the same to him, and THEY MAY BE MORE MOTIVATED TO FOLLOW THROUGH.....

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 07:02 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^ This is a bingo

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 07:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote