KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Book of Boba Fett

The Book of Boba Fett
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darthadi

The PT jedi didn't exactly kidnapp children and as we see with Anakin they were allowed to leave at any moment. Just like Luke in BoBF, they didn't forced anyone to be a jedi, but if they wanted to be they had to forgo attachments.
The fact that Luke imposes the no attachments rule in his jedi order means that he's not different that the PT jedi. There is virtually no difference. I don't see how this is nitpicking.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

You can't argue that Grogu is too young and dumb to focus on his training and also miss Mando while simultaneously saying that he's mature enough to make a massive life choice like "do you want to be a Jedi or do you want to be a bounty hunter's sidekick". Yeed is a child. There is no urgency to his training, and it's not like he wouldn't naturally get over his attachment to Mando with time. The obvious solution would be to just to tell Mando "sorry this is a crucial time in Yeed's development and he can't deal with you distracting him so please stay away for a few years" while they continue to train him.

But that can't happen because this false dilemma is necessary for the future of the franchise. Yeed is bankable and Disney doesn't want to give him up, but they also don't want to have to have CGI Luke feature prominently in the story. So the solution is to write Yeed out of the training with Luke.

And that's fine. I don't particularly mind it, but let's not pretend that Luke forcing a toddler to make a major life decision like this is good writing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I imagine the deep fake skin now it is up and running is probably not expensive. I may be wrong.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

If grogu joins the Jedi, it means kylo ren will have killed him before ep7, right? It's obvious he's going to choose mando's chainmail, or else the new starfighter's obvious predictable grogu-cockpit addition will be for nothing.

also why the anger over luke giving grogu a choice? He knows at this point that grogu is already trained, and probably even knows that whoever trained him wasn't very nice. should a potential sith lord be pressured into more Jedi training when he'd rather not?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2022 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Ben was said to be Luke's first student iirc I think it's obvious he's joining the Mandalorians.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2022 12:46 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, multiple sources prior to this show have proclaimed Ben as Luke's first actual student. So if the show adheres to existing canon, then Grogu will choose to go with Mando... Which seems like the obvious outcome here.

Personally, I'd much prefer to see him take Yoda's saber and stay with Luke. Granted that causes some significant continuity issues, but I'm all for retconning as much of the ST as possible. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 4th, 2022 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2022 02:14 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The idea of a force wielding Mandalore that's the same species as Yoda with the dark saber is so ****ing off kilter and so far beyond anything Canon has shown its insane. Also the episode was amazing, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cad's CGI was amazing and the teaching sequences with Luke were great. Cant wait for the finale

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 4th, 2022 04:36 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2022 01:29 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

About Yoda’s saber appearing this episode, Charles Souls explained that during his lifetime Yoda kept multiple lightsabers, as already explained in some additional material apparently. In particular, this lightsaber was kept inside a little box, which can be seen in the latest episode

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

NIGHT NIGHT GROGU!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 03:30 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Oh btw about the Order 66 flashback, some fans noticed that you can see a door having Barriss Offee’s crest on it, so those three Jedi were fighting in front of her room in the Jedi temple

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 09:23 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

May it be Filoni teasing her comeback, maybe as the one who saved Grogu?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 09:25 AM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Barriss would have been locked up at that point. Unless she was able to get out amid all the chaos.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Total Warrior
About Yoda’s saber appearing this episode, Charles Souls explained that during his lifetime Yoda kept multiple lightsabers, as already explained in some additional material apparently. In particular, this lightsaber was kept inside a little box, which can be seen in the latest episode
Or perhaps this takes place in an alternate universe where the ST is no longer canon. big grin

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 01:42 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i believe grogu was trained by palatine after being abducted during order 66.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The continuity dictates Grogu will choose the armor, since Ben Solo became the schools first student in Sequel canon.

But I want him to choose the lightsaber. While that would mean the end of Din and Grogus story, that story reached such a beautiful ending in Mando season 2. It would also be another hint that the sequels are being ignored by the story group.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 02:35 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Luke also trained Leia, dunno if she could be considered his first student

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 03:35 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

worse yet: after adventuring with Mando once again, grogu is returned to luke to begin jedi training, where he meets youngling ben, making grogu the second student...and dead before ep7

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 05:36 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

You sure order 66 wasn't just Lucas going "hmm, what should the bad man say next? .... Order 666? Nah, that's too obvious. How about 66? Okay, that works."

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I doubt it'd be Mace, as the assault on the Temple/Order 66 happened after his death.

There was no death. So **** you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 11:04 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote