KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Book of Boba Fett

The Book of Boba Fett
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud

Fair. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 01:03 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

Fair. thumb up

In all seriousness, I would be fully on-board with them retconning Mace as having survived, making his way back to the temple, but being too late to save everyone and just getting Grogu out. The question just becomes what happened afterwards.

if we do learn who saved Grogu, I think it would be a much smarter move to make it a Jedi we've at least heard of. Quinlan Vos? Shaak Ti? Yaddle?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 01:32 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As of current canon, Shaak Ti was killed by Anakin in the Temple. Apparently she was just meditating in her chamber, and Anakin waltzed in and merc'd her.

I've always been a Vos fanboy, so I'd love to see him make an appearance in the live-action side of things(because he canonically survived Order 66.) Would be shocked if that happened, though, because it seems like most writers shy away from using him.

Yaddle is also possible. Canon hasn't confirmed whether or not she survived Order 66. Hell, canon hasn't even really stated what became of her after TPM -- all we know is that she took a less active role in Jedi affairs... And since I firmly believe that Grogu is Yoda and Yaddle's love-child, it would be fitting to have the mother swoop in and save her son; perhaps sacrificing herself in the process.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 01:55 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As of current canon, Shaak Ti was killed by Anakin in the Temple. Apparently she was just meditating in her chamber, and Anakin waltzed in and merc'd her.

I've always been a Vos fanboy, so I'd love to see him make an appearance in the live-action side of things(because he canonically survived Order 66.) Would be shocked if that happened, though, because it seems like most writers shy away from using him.

Yaddle is also possible. Canon hasn't confirmed whether or not she survived Order 66. Hell, canon hasn't even really stated what became of her after TPM -- all we know is that she took a less active role in Jedi affairs... And since I firmly believe that Grogu is Yoda and Yaddle's love-child, it would be fitting to have the mother swoop in and save her son; perhaps sacrificing herself in the process.

Oh, so they actually picked a Shaak Ti death finally?

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 03:27 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yep:
https://i.imgur.com/Sb1COyG.jpg

But the show can still do whatever it wants, lol.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 03:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yep:
https://i.imgur.com/Sb1COyG.jpg

But the show can still do whatever it wants, lol.

Gotta say, I preferred the Force Unleashed one.

Though tbh, I feel like they wouldn't have her anyway due to Ahsoka.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 06:41 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Why you all assuming that grogu was rescued? Seems more like he was abducted and trained by palpatine

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did Mace Windu survive the fall from Palpatine in RotS?

I mean, everyone else survives falls.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2022 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Why you all assuming that grogu was rescued? Seems more like he was abducted and trained by palpatine
Or the *true* big bad of the franchise [SPOILER - highlight to read]: #DarthJarJar. thumb up

Originally posted by Blakemore
Did Mace Windu survive the fall from Palpatine in RotS?

I mean, everyone else survives falls.
Everything says he died.

But if Palpatine's lightning didn't kill him right away, then there are certainly ways he could have survived the fall.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2022 01:56 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or the *true* big bad of the franchise [SPOILER - highlight to read]: #DarthJarJar. thumb up

Everything says he died.

But if Palpatine's lightning didn't kill him right away, then there are certainly ways he could have survived the fall.
Great, we can have a one armed Mace Windu comic, film or TV show where he's not recognised because he has a creepy monster face from the lightening and he may even turn evil or meet up with obiwan, or wait, what if he fights darth maul and we have robot arm vs robot legs!

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2022 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I always hated Ti’s death in canon. She was the highest ranking member of the Order, she should be leading the defense against the Clones or at least directing the evacuations of younger Jedi, like she did in Legends. Instead she was meditating.. why the **** is she meditating at a time like this?? The order is going extinct after 10.000 years and she is “ok guys let’s think about it veeeeery deeply”

Old Post Feb 8th, 2022 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

She was meditating to create a holocron that Luke would later discover. Still stupid as hell, though... Hordes of children are literally being slaughtered in the next room over, and you're just chilling?

Atta girl. thumb up

Old Post Feb 9th, 2022 03:04 AM
ares834

So now that's it all out I've sat down and watched it all... Awful. Legitimately awful.

And Grogu is back with Mando already... Yay.

Originally posted by Darthadi
They still don't get Luke...

Luke telling Grogu that a jedi can't form attachments, particularly father-son attachements, misses the entire point of the OT and PT. It's like Luke didn't learn anything. He's no better than the PT jedi.

That scene alone ruined the episode for me which is a shame as I liked it until that point.

Well, I guess it's consistent with the abomination that is ST Luke. I don't know why I expected anything else.

thumb up

Disney has absolutely no understanding of Luke.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2022 11:27 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just watched it. I thought it was fine. You can see how much of the budget was saved for the finale though.

She was meditating to create a holocron that Luke would later discover. Still stupid as hell, though... Hordes of children are literally being slaughtered in the next room over, and you're just chilling?

Atta girl. thumb up

Yeah, TFU or Grievous would have been a better end.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 9th, 2022 11:55 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thought the finale was okay, predictable as it was.

Krrsantan is a ****ing tank.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2022 01:39 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Darthadi
The PT jedi didn't exactly kidnapp children and as we see with Anakin they were allowed to leave at any moment. Just like Luke in BoBF, they didn't forced anyone to be a jedi, but if they wanted to be they had to forgo attachments.
The fact that Luke imposes the no attachments rule in his jedi order means that he's not different that the PT jedi. There is virtually no difference. I don't see how this is nitpicking.
Pretty clear that grogu just didn't want to be a Jedi. He'd rather be with Mando. So instead of trying to force grogu down the Jedi path, Luke gave him what he actually wanted. I don't see the problem here.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2022 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

The problem is that Luke forces him to make a choice...
Grogu having attachments shouldn't stop him from becoming a jedi just as it didn't stop Luke.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2022 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I thought the last 4 episodes were pretty solid.

Good finish.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2022 05:36 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Grogu was too big of an attraction to be relegated to just a side story in The Mandalorian S2. The internet went crazy for that little shit.

All in al, Book of Boba Fett was just okay. The two best episodes being the two that where centered on Mando, tells you something.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 10th, 2022 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I'm going to annoy .out people and say I loved it and thought it was superb.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2022 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote