KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Book of Boba Fett

The Book of Boba Fett
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
Why do people like Bobba Fett so much, anyway?

Cos he looked so cool.

Why I liked him as a kid.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 16th, 2021 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Why do people like Bobba Fett so much, anyway?

Cause he looked cool, he seemed to have already known Vader and wasn't afraid to talk to him.

Basically it.

Never really got the appeal, I mean he's fine as a character....I guess. But all of what he really is came from the EU, not the movies. Now yeah, the PT then touched upon his character a little more, which was great, but the large bulk comes from everything else.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 16th, 2021 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2021 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Cause he looked cool, he seemed to have already known Vader and wasn't afraid to talk to him.

Basically it.

He also came across as the sort of Anti-Solo. Even had his own cool ass ship.

HUGE Impact for a couple of scenes.

Originally posted by Zenwolf

But all of what he really is came from the EU, not the movies. Now yeah, the PT then touched upon his character a little more, which was great, but the large bulk comes from everything else.

Nothing wrong with that. ALL of Quinlan Vos comes from the EU.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2021 11:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool mask, cool gun, cool ship.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2021 01:33 PM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2021 02:29 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Classic line

Old Post Dec 18th, 2021 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Star Wars' true magic lies in its vast expanded universe.

It's been that way for decades. Not sure why some appear to have a problem with that.

Boba's mysterious aura is what attracted the fans. ST wanted to replicate the same phenomenon with Phasma and failed.

There are Star Wars characters who made just brief cameo appearances and fans still wanted to learn about them as much as possible, buy their action figures and so on... compared to those, Boba is like a major celebrity.

If anything, it's surprising the best bounty hunter in the galaxy is getting his own show just now.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2021 08:02 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

He also came across as the sort of Anti-Solo. Even had his own cool ass ship.

HUGE Impact for a couple of scenes.

Oh certainly nothing wrong with it, some of SW greatest characters and characterizations came from the EU.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ALL of Quinlan Vos comes from the EU.

Wrong.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 07:20 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well yeah, he was first shown in TPM for a few frames... But from a storytelling standpoint, everything about Vos did come from the EU.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Look I know GL didnt originally intend for that dude to be a Jedi, but after we were told that WAS Vos I always found it pretty ****ing odd that Qui-gon was standing like 10 feet away from him during that scene, but somehow didn't recognize or sense him.

Last edited by Sheev on Dec 19th, 2021 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, it is strange. Vos is a well-known Jedi, who also has a very recognizable, bright yellow tattoo on his face. Hard to miss.

But I'll play devil's advocate and assume that Qui-Gon DID recognize Vos there, but rightly knew(or assumed) that he was on a covert mission for the Council, and didn't want to blow his cover by interacting with him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
But I'll play devil's advocate and assume that Qui-Gon DID recognize Vos there, but rightly knew(or assumed) that he was on a covert mission for the Council, and didn't want to blow his cover by interacting with him.

That's what I want to believe, too.

Still kind of sucks, though. Considering how Jinn's plan could fail... and Shmi was left there as a slave, too.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 07:08 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars' true magic lies in its vast expanded universe.

It's been that way for decades. Not sure why some appear to have a problem with that.

Boba's mysterious aura is what attracted the fans. ST wanted to replicate the same phenomenon with Phasma and failed.

There are Star Wars characters who made just brief cameo appearances and fans still wanted to learn about them as much as possible, buy their action figures and so on... compared to those, Boba is like a major celebrity.

If anything, it's surprising the best bounty hunter in the galaxy is getting his own show just now.
You've just explained why EU isn't what fans like because we're only just finding out some shit about him and everyone else agrees that the EU is not what the fans want.

When it comes to Star Wars action figures, the ones that were and are most popular have always been Luke, Leia, R2D2, C3PO, Solo, Chewy, Grand Moff Tarkin and even Obiwan. Oh yeah, I forgot DARTH ****ING VADER.

Now of course Yoda, Jabba, Palpatine, Lando and Akbar became popular too, but take a look at the users on here.

We have had users like "Grand Moff Gav," "KENobi," "LukeStarKiller," "Darth Subjekt," "BobaFett117," "Darth Kenshin," "C3PO-Theclever," etc.

Nobody has a username like "Jar Jar Larry" or "SuperDooku" and the only ****ing redeemable thing about Revenge of the Sith is we get to see the Darth Vader suit again, which was incredibly embarrassing and just shows that the only likeable things about Star Wars were the original cast.

I'd like so hear what you guys like about Finn, Kylo or Rey.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2021 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That's what I want to believe, too.

Still kind of sucks, though. Considering how Jinn's plan could fail... and Shmi was left there as a slave, too.

I guess if his plan failed he would have been forced to turn to Vos for help.

That could have been his back up plan to the gamble he was playing with the pod race.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2021 06:20 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I guess if his plan failed he would have been forced to turn to Vos for help.

That could have been his back up plan to the gamble he was playing with the pod race.

Assuming he could still find Vos, of course.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2021 07:23 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Kylo is a more interesting character than Anakin.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2021 07:28 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Kylo is a more interesting character than Anakin.
Baby wipes are more interesting than toilet paper.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2021 09:02 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Dec 21st, 2021 09:13 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Baby wipes are more interesting than toilet paper.
Yes.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2021 08:44 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote