KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » American Civil War in the time of Instagram

American Civil War in the time of Instagram
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

American Civil War in the time of Instagram

It's been speculated in the media for years - pretty much since Trump took office - that America is so angrily polarized that another Civil War is coming. We see it constantly on the news of angry parades on opposing sides. But, I don't live everyday in America, so I'd like to hope it's not as bad as it looks.

But would people actually give up their reality TV and social networking and go bunker in the hills with roving militias? I can't picture it.

Militia person: "I'm going to put you down in the name of freedom!...Wait, I've got to tweet that real quick" (picks up phone) stick out tongue

I mean despite all the hate and anger spread here between a mere couple of dozen people, aren't we all too lazy to get up off the couch for a Civil War these days? big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 04:30 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

A lot of armed conservative supporting groups proclaimed they were gearing up for armed conflict in Trump didn't win.

They haven't done anything. Their bluff has been called.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 04:34 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's like they're a bunch of cowards who like to bully and threaten but tucked tail when it came time?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 04:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Civil war is stupid.
It's part of the commie left's plan, within the strata of mass communication, to foment divisionism.
Those who choose to respond to that on the right are equally moronic.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 12:08 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol tbh, people on the far left are far more likely to riot and cause damage than people on the far right imo.

If Trump won? You'd see rioting. People are still having mental breakdowns. I saw a girl crying on my Instagram because Biden won. Why? She took a PJ to Mexico, and her parents are loaded AF.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 01:33 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

A meme propagated by the media to sell headlines and bump ratings. America has been more polarized on politics than this on plenty of occasions with no civil wars.

Also while on the subject, the idea that the left is more likely to riot than the right is also a meme. Causation verse correlation, riots are perceived as more likely to happen on the left because riots happen in urban centers IE cities and city population skew left. Why do cities have riots more than rural areas? Because the breeding ground for a riot is population density plus things to actually destroy. No one riots in New Mexico because no one is interested in meeting up in the middle of ****ing nowhere and wandering the desert or a cornfield.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 02:03 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Which militias said they'd start killing people if Biden won?

Which militias said they were gearing up for war if Biden won?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 09:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

My favourite militia is the NFAC.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 08:45 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Not happening.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 08:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

These LARPER guys are funny till the shooting starts. That said, I don't see them taking on the will of the people, just political ideologies asking for equality and less deaths in custody and through interaction with the Police for minorities.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 09:13 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

People don't fight a war unless their rights are being taken away. Telling them they have to be less obviously racist now isn't really sparking a war.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 09:37 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Which militias said they'd start killing people if Biden won?

Which militias said they were gearing up for war if Biden won?

This is such a great post, dadudemon. It asks the key questions that cut right to the meat of the topic.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 09:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ertooso
Restricted

Account Restricted

I appreciate it a lot that Instagram is adding new features.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 04:36 PM
ertooso is currently offline Click here to Send ertooso a Private Message Find more posts by ertooso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Your post was a more well thought out comment than anything Dadudemon has said in this thread

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 05:29 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

speaking of civil war, I wonder how that million maggot march is going today. whoops, I meant "million MAGA"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 05:39 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

...and just coincidentally, this forum is empty on the same time that the million maggot march is going on laughing out loud

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Nov 14th, 2020 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 08:01 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

A few thousand people showed up and Trump drove by and waved.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 08:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

did he stop and get on top of the hood to do a silly dance for his screaming cult, like that end scene in joker?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 08:31 PM
BackFire

If he did that it would destroy the hood.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 08:33 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

they would be ironic, since they just built a new WH fence to keep the hood from destroying him.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 08:40 PM