KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect - Legendary Edition

Mass Effect - Legendary Edition
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I absolutely adore Mass Effect 3. I wanted a game that showed Reapers being the ****ing universe destroying machines they were...and the game showed that in spades.

Seeing a Reaper in the background just obliterating a planet was just cool and really sold the entire series and the reason why you were doing what you were doing. For instance, the dragon in Dragon Age Origins was neat but I never felt the story was in a dire place.

Reapers in Mass Effect 3? Yeah.....they are going murder everybody and how the **** am I suppose to beat them.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 11:35 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's been about... five years or so (I think), since I played and finished #3. I'm actually curious to see if my feelings on the game will change this time around.

I'm still on the first game, but the anticipation is there.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 05:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm also on the first game still.

Looking back, it's definitely an old school game. You can see the loading technologies are present in the map design. Walking throughout Peak 15 (Novaria)....hitting what seems like 10 elevators. Its not something you see anymore.

Mass Effect 1 is very rough for a game like this. You can see Bioware figuring out how to make 3rd person shooter and even some of the story stuff is tough....the whole romance is completely out of left field. Yeah, I said I was interesting in Liara....but never said a single thing about Ashley and boom.....there like "you have to make a choice".....it's was wierd.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 06:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm also on the first game still.

Looking back, it's definitely an old school game. You can see the loading technologies are present in the map design. Walking throughout Peak 15 (Novaria)....hitting what seems like 10 elevators. Its not something you see anymore.

Mass Effect 1 is very rough for a game like this. You can see Bioware figuring out how to make 3rd person shooter and even some of the story stuff is tough....the whole romance is completely out of left field. Yeah, I said I was interesting in Liara....but never said a single thing about Ashley and boom.....there like "you have to make a choice".....it's was wierd.

Romances are always hokey in Bioware games. Look at Dragon Age (Anders, Leliana etc). I feel like it's more about how we as the player feel about the character, rather than the execution.

I'll be honest, I do really think the main story missions are well designed in ME1, but you are right; they're very much a product of their time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 06:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True....I do agree with that.

And you are right, the main missions are still fun to play. They're a product of their time but well done. I enjoyed Feros more than Noveria but both are fun.

I laughed when Bioware totally ruined the surprise of the Rachni...All it takes is the for the developers to use "?" when you first see the Rachni......but they instead put Rachni when you visit the Cerberus or when you run into them at Peak 15 tram station.......like "they are Rachni"....oh wow...yeah i already know.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 10:10 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

That's funny, I hate Feros but enjoy Noveria. Well, particularly when you're in the little port bay city. Going through the labs isn't great.

One thing I really miss about ME3 is additional hub areas. It's only got the citadel which is too bad. Really wish I could return to Omega after you take it back from Cerberus or something.

I just finished the Citadel DLC and am on my way through cerberus headquarters, so I'll be done with the game in a few hours. The Citadel DLC is still such a joy. Top tier content and probably the best DLC I've ever played. Some great lines that make me crack up.

As far as romances go, I think they are at their best in 3. They're pretty organic and pretty sweet. Just some awkward old animations but that can't be helped since the game is 10 years old now.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 10:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think I liked Feros because it was short and sweet and I enjoyed the fight with the Thorian. I felt Noveria dragged a bit and the Matriarch boss fight was a bit lame.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 10:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like both Feros and Noveria, but... I think we can all agree, though, that none of them are the slog that the Deep Roads in Dragon Age Origins is.

True....I do agree with that.

And you are right, the main missions are still fun to play. They're a product of their time but well done. I enjoyed Feros more than Noveria but both are fun.

I laughed when Bioware totally ruined the surprise of the Rachni...All it takes is the for the developers to use "?" when you first see the Rachni......but they instead put Rachni when you visit the Cerberus or when you run into them at Peak 15 tram station.......like "they are Rachni"....oh wow...yeah i already know.

Yeah, it's one of those moments where you think they might have given us too much player choice.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 02:30 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

haha.....yeah...I just found it funny. I don't mind seeing the Rachni at the Cerberus facility if they don't mention they are Rachni...just put a ? or "unknown alien".

So when you are told they are Rachni at Peak 15 labs.... it's a big surprise.

It's like when you see Sovereign at Eden Prime...it would be hilarious if they put above it while it's flying away "Reaper".

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 03:12 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah exactly.

I haven't even been to Noveria yet and was doing the Cerberus side mission and Tali is like "Why is Cerberus sxperimenting on Rachni?"

and I'm like "*****, how do you know they're Rachni?"

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 03:55 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

hahaha....I don't think I heard that....I don't think I had Tali.

About done the mission on Virmire. It's by far the best part of the game and it's a great mission. The Sovereign conversation is legit awesome. I remember how awesome it was when I first played the game.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 04:19 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's pretty odd to me nobody knew before Noveria what a Rachni even looked like. You'd think they'd have their appearence somewhere in the history books or the extranet 'cause who wouldn't want to look up the multi-centuries long bug war.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 10:48 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's true...haha...

Though the war happened 1000 years ago...so it's understandable a small group of people might not know what the Rachni looked like.

It's kind of like how people realised the Titanic was an actual ship...not just a movie.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 01:22 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

So finished ME3. Chose the destroy and got the "best" ending since I have a feeling that will be the canon ending for the next game. Still don't love destroy because of all the collateral damage but I wanted to try it.

Series is still great all these years later. I'm very happy with the legendary edition overall. Best way to play the game as far as I can tell.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 04:53 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Finished ME1.

The game does go out with a bang. The last three missions are fantastic. Ilos looks extremely good with the updated graphics and fighting at the Citadel with the Reaper in the background is pretty epic. I just wish the non-missions parts of the game had this type of quality. It's a shame....

Started ME2 and just after 30 minutes of playing, ME2 is light years better than ME1. The atmosphere from the first colony mission is signficantly better than anything in ME1.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 05:48 PM
Arachnid1

I started ME1 last night. I'm going to go for an insanity run right off the bat. For those of you who have played it on insanity, is it pretty rough? I played 2 and 3 on that difficulty back in the day, but I jumped into this series with 2 so I'm not too sure what to expect with 1.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 10:18 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The game on Normal is easy so I wouldn't think it would be too hard.
Though...I would never play this game on anything but Normal or lower because the combat is not that great.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 10:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Patch Today:

quote:
General

English spoken dialogue can now be selected separately from subtitle language
Resolved issues with unlocking some achievements/trophies, such as the Paramours or kill count trackers
Corrected pre-rendered cutscenes that were darker than intended after the previous update
Wireless headsets/devices no longer cause issues with the Xbox launcher
Improved PC performance across various hardware configurations, including on Virmire
Fixed an issue on PC where non-standard characters in the operating system’s username would prevent the game from launching
Removed the dependency on the AVX instruction set in the launcher
Other minor calibrations and fixes, including some instances of crashing

Mass Effect

Fixed an issue that prevented players from reaching the max level
Fixed an issue where tier VII Spectre - Master Gear was inaccessible
Various collision improvements
Fixed an issue that would prevent the ability to interact with objects
Lowered audio volume on Mass Relay load screens
Improved eye animations for male characters in some scenes

Mass Effect 2

Toned down the intensity of fog on Illium
Fixed an issue where a character’s eyes at the end of the Overlord DLC were unintentionally red
Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression
Credit carryover maximum now matches carryover from the original release
Posthumous banking fees are a lot! It’s a great way to dodge taxes.

Mass Effect 3

Resolved an issue where English dialogue no longer played during the Citadel DLC for German and Italian localizations
Fixed an issue where some key characters weren’t appearing as intended during the Citadel DLC

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 05:27 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The game on Normal is easy so I wouldn't think it would be too hard.
Though...I would never play this game on anything but Normal or lower because the combat is not that great.

Didn't find the original easy at all. At least not the first one.

Not until I upgraded my immunity and learned a good power rotation anyways.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 05:32 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I played on Normal and I burned through everybody.
You get soo much gear, and soo much credits that I just bought the Spectre gear for all my friends.

And boom.....destroyed everybody.

I have no idea what you mean by immunity or power rotation. That makes no sense to me with Mass Effect.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 05:58 PM