KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect - Legendary Edition

Mass Effect - Legendary Edition
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I would ****ing love a ME series.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 06:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Has to be rated R though......A Games Of Thrones-esque series....just without the politics.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 08:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

They can have some politics. There's a decent amount of that stuff in the games.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2021 03:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True.

Finished Mass Effect 2....and man, what a good game. Clearly better than the first game.

Started Mass Effect 3....and you can see the clear differences between all three. Each sequel plays better than the previous entry....Mass Effect 3 combat is legit good. It's still not Gears of War....but it's close. I enjoy shooting people in the game.

And it's start off extremely well. They spend 2 games talking about the Reapers and seeing them invade Vancouver and just destroy shit...is incredible. I can't wait till play more.

And Mass Effect 3 looks ****ing good for a previous gen title. On Eden Prime and seeing the towers off in the distance with birds flying around is neat.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2021 07:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 12:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The butt thing was one of the dumbest things gamers complained about.
I don't even notice they were removed.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 12:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I heard, I noticed, I couldn't help but notice, because people online wouldn't shut the **** up about it.

I do wish they hadn't taken them out in the first place, but mods being mods etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 02:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But they were silly due to the context of the conversation they were having.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 02:22 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
But they were silly due to the context of the conversation they were having.

Silly is relative. Something that doesn't matter to one person will to another.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 02:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
I heard, I noticed, I couldn't help but notice, because people online wouldn't shut the **** up about it.

I do wish they hadn't taken them out in the first place, but mods being mods etc.

The funny thing is this same modder initially did a mod to take them out of the original PC versions, citing offense.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Silly is relative. Something that doesn't matter to one person will to another.

I know it's just a video game and the person is not real...but those butt scenes are just about sexually objectifying woman for no reason at all.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:24 PM
cdtm

Oh, there's a reason.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 05:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know it's just a video game and the person is not real...but those butt scenes are just about sexually objectifying woman for no reason at all.

There was a reason, though. Casey Hudson said so when the game came out. You can say it's a stupid reason, you can say you don't buy it, but he did say why they did it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 05:06 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess that's a point.

But I still don't see a reason why they did it that way. It really doesn't make sense at all..and their argument is extremely flawed.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 05:21 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I guess that's a point.

But I still don't see a reason why they did it that way. It really doesn't make sense at all..and their argument is extremely flawed.

See, I disagree, but I can't tell you you're wrong to feel that way. That's the issue with art lol

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 05:54 PM
BackFire

There was a reason, though. Casey Hudson said so when the game came out. You can say it's a stupid reason, you can say you don't buy it, but he did say why they did it.

What was the reason?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 06:12 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hudson: That’s part of her character design, she’s the femme fatale. It’s part of her character and the fact that she’s beautiful and this beauty is part of what helps her. As you get to know her, you realize there’s more to her.

The writer of this article does a pretty good pointing out the ridiculous of this shot.
https://kotaku.com/the-thoughts-beh...ffect-2-5511913

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 06:29 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought their argument was a bit crap, but again, that's me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 07:18 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

She was meant to be objectified, though? That's the whole point of a Femme Fatale. To be a sexy, intelligent, very dangerous woman who utilizes all of those aspects about herself to be effective in her job. Miranda points out multiple times how she was genetically altered to be smarter, have better biotics, and be extremely hawt to help her get forward in life. And the results speak for themselves when she worked her way up to 2nd in Command of Cerberus by the time she was in her probably early 30's.

It's no different than those close up shots of Vega doing pull-ups in ME3. Or Jacob exercising shirtless in ME2.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 07:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I guess that's a point.

I disagree with the notion that the ass shots objectified Miranda.

She's a compelling and interesting character, butt angles or not.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 08:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote