KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect - Legendary Edition

Mass Effect - Legendary Edition
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

So you were arguing in bad faith in the Squadrons thread?

Because you complained at length about its price being your sticking point.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 04:49 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
So you were arguing in bad faith in the Squadrons thread?

Because you complained at length about its price being your sticking point.

I said it's not worth the money relative to the content.

Take away the Star Wars ip, and you have just a low quality space shooter with very little single player content. It's a cheap cash grab designed to hook Star Wars fanboys, pure and simple. Multiplayer means they don't need to go to the trouble or expense of creating content, the fanboys entertain themselves.

No thanks.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 02:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I liked Squadrons...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 05:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah..Star Wars Squadrons is fun and worth the price.

In fact, I would argue multiplayer is more difficult to develop than single player content.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 05:15 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by cdtm
I said it's not worth the money relative to the content.

Take away the Star Wars ip, and you have just a low quality space shooter with very little single player content. It's a cheap cash grab designed to hook Star Wars fanboys, pure and simple. Multiplayer means they don't need to go to the trouble or expense of creating content, the fanboys entertain themselves.

No thanks.
On what basis are you stating that it's low quality- considering you by admission have not played it?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 05:36 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Tzeentch
On what basis are you stating that it's low quality- considering you by admission have not played it?

Video streams and uploads.

Plus reviews that outright admit the visual quality is very low, for a company with such deep pockets. This is likely intentional, they know full well fanboys will buy any tripe with Star Wars slapped on, and multiplayer is a very good dollar to profits strategy, because it requires nothing but giving a sandbox and letting people be hyper competitive.

Me, I prefer a solid single player experience, and well made gameplay.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 07:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Video streams and uploads.

Plus reviews that outright admit the visual quality is very low, for a company with such deep pockets. This is likely intentional, they know full well fanboys will buy any tripe with Star Wars slapped on, and multiplayer is a very good dollar to profits strategy, because it requires nothing but giving a sandbox and letting people be hyper competitive.

Me, I prefer a solid single player experience, and well made gameplay.

Low visual quality?

The graphics are fine. The gameplay is solid. And the campaign has actual well-written moments. It's just a bit short.

And they're still updating multiplayer.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 08:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I always find this strange.

On one hand, people ***** about "bad or low" graphics as a negative thing. Then on the other hand, say that it's not all about graphics when talking about new gaming systems.

The graphics for Squadrons is fine. The combat is good and the flight mechanics are great. The MP is fun as and the SP campaign is good. For 40 bucks, it's a good deal..

Anyways, depending on the price of this Mass Effect edition....I am intrigued on the graphics options.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 11:46 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

If it had generic space ships and no trace of Star Wars IP, I doubt many would buy it at all.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 03:35 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That means nothing....that doesn't say anything about the quality of the product.

There is a million products out there that are great but don't sell...there is a million products that are shit that don't sell...there is a million products that are great and sell and a million products that are shit and sell.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 04:06 PM
cdtm

Sure lemming. Enjoy your Star Wars trash.

I'll enjoy a good game.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 05:51 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

List the last three games you've played and enjoyed.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 05:09 PM
cdtm

This is all you need.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpR9IkWYcFM

To this day, nothing comes close.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 06:16 PM
cdtm

https://www.wcsaga.com/

This fan game >>>>>>>> Squadrons.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 07:13 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Even though you have never played the game..and most people who have...enjoy it.

But....you can have both games...there is no law in the universe that says "Half Life 2 is a best game of all time....so there can never bee another shooter ever".

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 08:15 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

With a new Mass Effect in development alongside the Legendary Edition, could we hope for something changed by the end of ME3 to tease of what's to come I wonder? ME4? Or maybe it'll be a prequel spin-off. After the last game's bombing to the point of having it's DLC cancelled, I dunno if EA/Bioware wants to attempt re-exploring Andromeda. Personally I wouldn't mind going back there if they can just make the gameplay feel like the first 3.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 18th, 2020 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 04:17 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Could not care less. 3 killed the franchise. Andromeda bured it.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 04:21 PM
ares834

At this point, the only way to continue the ME franchise with a hypothetical ME4 is to go with the indoctrination theory.

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 18th, 2020 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 05:10 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As much as I dislike that theory, you may be right.

Could not care less. 3 killed the franchise. Andromeda bured it.

3 didn't kill the franchise. It made Bioware and EA a very nice chunk of change.

Sure, the ending was balls, but sales were just fine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Nov 18th, 2020 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:29 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by -Pr-
As much as I dislike that theory, you may be right.

The Reapers do have mind altering technology to make Lovecraft proud so something as messed as giving the hero the illusion they just saved the galaxy sounds about right. This would bring back the original plan Hudson & Co had for the Reapers they scrapped for that rushed rush for the portal to the magic MacGuffin Station.

quote:
3 didn't kill the franchise. It made Bioware and EA a very nice chunk of change.

Sure, the ending was balls, but sales were just fine.

And even with an ending bad as it is, Mass Effect's still awesome reliving. "It's not the destination, but the journey." That don't mean the ending can't still improve though.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 18th, 2020 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:26 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote