KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect - Legendary Edition

Mass Effect - Legendary Edition
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The ending might have been lackluster compared to the impossible-to-meet expectations placed upon it, but I would never ever prefer a shitty creepypasta to take it's place.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 04:53 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The ending might have been lackluster compared to the impossible-to-meet expectations placed upon it, but I would never ever prefer a shitty creepypasta to take it's place.

Are you referring to the "Indoctrination Theory"? It was a very well thought out theory that never bills itself as anything but that. Even still, it spanned the entire trilogy and would have been an amazing prologue to the actual ending of the game and would've let them give a sense of hopelessness before they actually delivered on the ending they promised.

https://indoctrinated.fandom.com/wi...attle%20against - If you think this is a shitty creepypasta, you clearly haven't read it. It's head and shoulders better than the "Pick a color, any color" ending we got that completely ignored all the actual work you put in over the games like gathering allies and doing all those side quests.

And I would've preferred that creepypasta to the literal shitty ending we got for ME3.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 06:08 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

There's a reason it was created back then when 'lost episodes', 'purgatory theories' and etc seemed to be all the internet couldn't shut up about. It shares the same premise and roots. Not interesting in my opinion.

And the ending was handled as well as every other ending in similar, contemporary games.

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Nov 28th, 2020 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 12:18 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

The ending was garbage and anyone who thinks differently is willfully ignorant and ignoring how BioWare blatantly lied to everyone. If it was so good they wouldn't have needed to come out with extra ending content just to try and appease the overwhelming majority of the fan base, which they still failed at. Its lambasted as one of the worst video game endings of all time for a reason.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 12:27 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Calm down. I never said it was good. It was serviceable at best, specially after the dlc (admittedly a shit move).

But this line caught my attention: 'Its lambasted as one of the worst video game endings of all time for a reason.' lol. Videogame coverage is one of the most inflammatory, biased and sensationalist forms of journalism there's ever been. Sorry I don't subscribe to Angry Joe's views on games lol.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 12:38 AM
KingD19

Did you think I was referencing Angry Joe? Multiple outlets from youtubers to professional groups like IGN and every video game publication under the sun criticize the ending. You'll find a lot more who don't like it than do. And the ones who do can't give a legit reason as to why its good, or an excuse as to why the devs outright lied about the ending, which they did.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 12:51 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I liked aspects of the original ending more than the extended one. Mostly in the mood and pacing of the original one.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 12:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I loved the ending push towards the Beam and walking through the Citadel on all of that stuff.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 01:45 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, I enjoyed the final level and the push towards the beam. Even the stuff with Anderson and the Illusive Man is good. But after that... eesh.

But, as some have said, the shoving aside of most of the cast from 2 is a huge negative in my book. And 2 had the best characters imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 02:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Thane also deserved a better death. Kai Leng was such a cheap character.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 04:44 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
The ending was garbage and anyone who thinks differently is willfully ignorant and ignoring how BioWare blatantly lied to everyone. If it was so good they wouldn't have needed to come out with extra ending content just to try and appease the overwhelming majority of the fan base, which they still failed at. Its lambasted as one of the worst video game endings of all time for a reason.

It was a lazy cop out.

Mass Effect is based on choice affecting outcome. Like the second game and the amount of people you can save, or not. Like the pre-endgame status of Shep being a happy bachelor getting some "Me time", or being shackled with emotionally damaged or manipulative harpies.

Everyone getting the same ending in a franchise who's main selling point is choice leading to consequence knocks that house of cards over.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 05:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 05:22 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

So did another big name. Not a good sign for the upcoming games they’re making over there.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 06:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, Mark Darrah. He's a huge loss imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 09:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

March 12th is the release date according to online retailers.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...unches-in-march

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2021 10:33 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Oh baby, 2 months. I am erect.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2021 11:14 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I hope it's a good remastered.

I might take some time off!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 01:58 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Curiouser and curiouser...

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 04:53 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's promising if true. It's makes sense that Mass Effect 1 would be the most modified of the three...I assume fixing up the combat system to put more inline with the second two games.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 12:30 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

At this point I'm hoping they just don't **** it up, tbh. I'd at least like to keep some of the RPG aspects of the first game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 02:14 PM