KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrats: It's Time to Change Your Racist Policies

Democrats: It's Time to Change Your Racist Policies
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

Sure, if you can't handle the topic of the thread.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 11:57 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
This thread is about the part democrats played in the policies, if you want to talk about what part the republicans played. start the thread.
What the Republicans did and are still doing is relevant to history around this discussion.

As to the discussion I've already pointed the modern platform of the Democrats and how they've been making criminal justice reform a part of their platform for awhile now.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:09 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
What the Republicans did and are still doing is relevant to history around this discussion.

As to the discussion I've already pointed the modern platform of the Democrats and how they've been making criminal justice reform a part of their platform for awhile now.

Glad you're confirming whataboutism is okay.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:11 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If you're done talking about the democrats racist policies, Then the discussion is done for this thread. good talk.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:13 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Should men be given affirmative action? Cuz there are more women in college than men. More women on this planet too.

And we commit suicide more, get murdered more, etc.

Democrats aren't just racist they are sexist too.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:17 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Don't worry about them, they do this. You make good points.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:19 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by truejedi
Don't worry about them, they do this. You make good points.

I'm watching Never Too Young To Die, it's really good.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:24 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

All good points, but they will fall on deaf ears as this thread is an example of what happens when Trumpers lose and can't really accept the election results.. This won't be the only thread like this. My advice, pick your battles.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:25 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
All good points, but they will fall on deaf ears as this thread is an example of what happens when Trumpers lose and can't really accept the election results.. This won't be the only thread like this. My advice, pick your battles.

^Projection to the max.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:27 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Robtard
lol you're not wrong

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:41 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe this has been said already, but Democrats have no incentive to change any of their policies.

They know they can put up a status quo candidate (Biden) and a cop (Harris) and win.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:44 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

If you're done talking about the democrats racist policies, Then the discussion is done for this thread. good talk.

Damn, my finger is itching to smash that Report to Moderators button. Keep it up.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:00 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Damn, my finger is itching to smash that Report to Moderators button. Keep it up.

Go ahead, seeing as that post was neither an insult or personal attack. the mods will either laugh at you or give you a warning for false reporting.

Stay classy.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:12 AM
dadudemon

Wow talk about going off the deep end.

I know, right? I've never seen someone deny not being a Democratic Party acolyte so vehemtly while falling instep with rage levels of denial, like you.

You can't accept the inherent bias

Ohhhh, there's bias? Why do you think that there's bias about Democrat's being so racist, again?

...you presented by saying they were racist democratic policies and ignoring the historical context that these policy were also and still are endorsed by conservatives :/

Already addressed this point of yours.

Noticed your dodged my question and you refuse to reframe and properly participate in the conversation.

Congrats: you're now a racist. Instead of actually honestly engaging in a conversation about what Democrats can do to end their decades of racist policies, you dance, deny, and play games to avoid fixing the problems. Typical Democrat tactic. smile

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:33 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yes but in order to talk about the policies being referred to here you have to look at the bigger context surrounding them.

No you don't.

thumb up

Democrats did or did not support and implement many racist policies? Did. By the loads. This thread is about what Democrats can do to fix some of their mistakes. Talk about it. Or dance.

This thread is about the part democrats played in the policies, if you want to talk about what part the republicans played. start the thread.

Hilariously, already told him to: he can revive one of the 1,001 anti-conservative threads if he'd like. It's too painful to have to ignore this thread. He has to "win" because his precious Democrats are now having to face the firing squad.

What's even funnier, no matter if he "wins the internet arguments", the facts of the racist Democratic policies, which have resulted in the deaths of millions of people of color in the US since the 1950s, still stand as a testament against anything he thinks he can do to avoid the topic.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:36 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

It's hard to judge of course, but it seems that at least in words the Democrats are moving away from some of their most racist policies. I hope to see more of that, of course.

I think part of the problem is that racism is not the reason for the support of some of these policies, but rather a deeply held believe in the power of neo-liberal markets and the capitalist consensus of personal responsibility. This lead them in the past to champion policies that are incredibly detrimental to the poor and to working people of America (and the poor are at larger ratios minorities than in the overall population, so because of that it had these racist ripple effects). This may just be my personal POV, but that seems to me somewhat different from the Republicans historic racist policies, which seem to come from a place of racism and then are hidden in an economic costume. Not that it matters that much, the outcome is the most important thing.

But to be honest, I fear it won't be that much better under Biden and Harris, I think their rhetoric is only a reflection of a changed discourse in society, not a change in their philosophy.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:45 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Artol
It's hard to judge of course, but it seems that at least in words the Democrats are moving away from some of their most racist policies. I hope to see more of that, of course.

This is part of what prompted me to make this thread. Biden has made promises to move away from racists policies...that Biden implemented. Biden is fighting hard to end the racism that Biden implemented and supported.

Biden is using the Biden to defeat the Biden.

Originally posted by Artol
I think part of the problem is that racism is not the reason for the support of some of these policies, but rather a deeply held believe in the power of neo-liberal markets and the capitalist consensus of personal responsibility. This lead them in the past to champion policies that are incredibly detrimental to the poor and to working people of America (and the poor are at larger ratios minorities than in the overall population, so because of that it had these racist ripple effects). This may just be my personal POV, but that seems to me somewhat different from the Republicans historic racist policies, which seem to come from a place of racism and then are hidden in an economic costume. Not that it matters that much, the outcome is the most important thing.

But to be honest, I fear it won't be that much better under Biden and Harris, I think their rhetoric is only a reflection of a changed discourse in society, not a change in their philosophy.

In some instances, such as Biden's, racism is the reason he supported those policies.

And your description of Republican policies being racist are literally the description of the Democratic Racist policies.

I don't think it will be much better. Probably the most digesting thing about this whole situation is Biden will be given credit for any progress he makes against policies he formerly supported.

Hey, at least Bernie Sanders was consistent since the 60s. Perhaps I wouldn't be such a b*tch about Democratic racism if they weren't so racist all the time while pretending not to be.

I've explained it before. But it is like this:

Republicans:
Me: "Hey, GOP, can you not stab me in the guts. It hurts."
GOP: "No. F*ck you. This is our policy. Fight hard enough to stop me, little b*tch."

Democrats:
Me: "Hey, Democrats, can you not stab me in the guts. It hurts."
Dems: "It's your back."
Me: "What? Yes. Stop stabbing my back, then."
Dem: "Didn't."
Me: "Yes you did, you you're holding the knife and I can see you stabbing me."
Dems: "Nope. Not me doing it."
Me: "Yes. It's you. I'm taking the knife."
Dems: "You're a racist and fascist!"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 02:22 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
No you don't.

thumb up

Democrats did or did not support and implement many racist policies? Did. By the loads. This thread is about what Democrats can do to fix some of their mistakes. Talk about it. Or dance.

Hilariously, already told him to: he can revive one of the 1,001 anti-conservative threads if he'd like. It's too painful to have to ignore this thread. He has to "win" because his precious Democrats are now having to face the firing squad.

What's even funnier, no matter if he "wins the internet arguments", the facts of the racist Democratic policies, which have resulted in the deaths of millions of people of color in the US since the 1950s, still stand as a testament against anything he thinks he can do to avoid the topic.

lol you're not wrong

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 11:31 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by dadudemon
No you don't.

thumb up

Yes you do...

Seriously here's my problem. You're still equating a different version of the groups while completely ignoring contexts. The modern Democratic party isn't the same party of the 1950s. The modern Democratic party has a lot of good ideas on attacking systematic racism in this country but who continually gets in the way? The modern day Republican party does :/

You really do sound like the PragerU video that talks about the racists Democrats and completely ignores the decades and decades of change. Also I don't think we completely agree on what constitutes a racist policy. For instance do you agree that with Surtur that affirmative action is a racists policy that hurt African Americans. Do you believe entitlements or reparations are racists policies? I know you've talked about the Black Nuclear family multiple times and I don't agree that the Democrats, especially the Democratic party of the last 2-3 decades is trying to intentionally break it up as you seemed to make it sound.

Also Biden offers better avenues of change then the Republican party does. ;/

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:55 PM