KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » United Ireland?

United Ireland?
Started by: Blakemore

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question United Ireland?

Starting this thread early because I think a referendum might be on the cards soon. The questions are:

What does president Biden mean for the good friday agreement?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...s-39718723.html

What is the good friday agreement?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-no...reland-54380051

And wtf is going to happen?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:56 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Lets wait for expert Irish Man and alt righter Computing Forever.

Then pick exactly the opposite of his opinion.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:58 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

iirc, Biden's family is originally from Ireland, and he's spoken at length about at the very least, maintaining the GFA. Whether Biden will have an impact on any negotiations about a deal in Ireland though, is one of those "wait and see" things.

I don't like Biden personally, but he does genuinely seem to give more of a **** about it than Trump ever did.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, Brexit complicates things. Some argue a trade border in Ireland ruins the agreement, and others argue a border in the sea ruins the agreement.

So wtf.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:16 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Of course the racist Biden likes Ireland. it's almost entirely white.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:19 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

House of Lords block Brexit deal cos Northern Ireland. erm

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 03:52 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Chill bruh. We murdered Natives and enslaved Blacks to get away from all this European barbarism....

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 04:00 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

In all seriousness, this is what all that Anglo-Extremist shit gets. There's no more brown people to belittle because the EU is gone, so now it's a fight for which group of whites has the might, right, and worst plight...

Not to say these tensions were never serious, but Brexit exacerbated the need for national pride, so now said nations are drawing lines in the sand.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Nov 10th, 2020 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 04:07 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Well God says a kingdom divided cannot stand so if you form a triangle out of Ireland it might unite.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 04:08 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would a united Ireland be a good idea or a bad idea?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 04:17 PM
dadudemon

Let's unite Ireland.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 04:28 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
iirc, Biden's family is originally from Ireland, and he's spoken at length about at the very least, maintaining the GFA. Whether Biden will have an impact on any negotiations about a deal in Ireland though, is one of those "wait and see" things.

I don't like Biden personally, but he does genuinely seem to give more of a **** about it than Trump ever did.

Excuse my ignorance of the Irish, but do the Irish want N. Ireland back in the fold still and do the N. Irish want to be back in the fold?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 05:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Excuse my ignorance of the Irish, but do the Irish want N. Ireland back in the fold still and do the N. Irish want to be back in the fold?
Some do, some don't. It's complicated.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 05:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Blakemore
Some do, some don't. It's complicated.

I do understand it's complicated considering the long history there. But wouldn't seeing if the majority of all the Irish want a united Ireland to begin with be a good first step?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 05:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do understand it's complicated considering the long history there. But wouldn't seeing if the majority of all the Irish want a united Ireland to begin with be a good first step?
Well, I'd be in favour of a referendum. Choices being:

1. Should NI be a part of Ireland?
2. Should NI remain in the UK?
3. Should NI be an independent country?

Something like that. NI has a great tourist factor that the UK benefits from...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 05:30 PM
dadudemon

quote:
A majority of voters in Northern Ireland would oppose the region leaving the United Kingdom to form a united Ireland if a referendum were held tomorrow, according to a poll published by the Belfast Telegraph newspaper on Tuesday.

Irish unity would be supported by just 29% of voters, with 52% against, the poll of 2,000 people organized by Liverpool University and Britain’s Economic and Social Research Council found. The remaining 19% said they did not know how they would vote.

If ‘don’t knows’ are excluded, the figures show 65% to 35% in favor of remaining within the United Kingdom, the survey showed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...d-idUSKBN20C0WI

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 05:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

dadick douche needs to ruin everything!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 05:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Blakemore
Well, I'd be in favour of a referendum. Choices being:

1. Should NI be a part of Ireland?
2. Should NI remain in the UK?
3. Should NI be an independent country?

Something like that. NI has a great tourist factor that the UK benefits from...

Yeah, my whole point was to start with 'do the Irish even want it?', if so, go from there. No real point if the Irish themselves are happy with the way it is now.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 08:24 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, my whole point was to start with 'do the Irish even want it?', if so, go from there. No real point if the Irish themselves are happy with the way it is now.
economically NI will be a burden to the Republic of Ireland.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 08:27 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

NI as an indy cuntry then.! Progress!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 08:37 PM