KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » United Ireland?

United Ireland?
Started by: Blakemore

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Excuse my ignorance of the Irish, but do the Irish want N. Ireland back in the fold still and do the N. Irish want to be back in the fold?

In the Republic, if you asked most people if they wanted Northern Ireland back, they'd say yes. On a purely emotional level, we want our six ****ing counties back.

In Northern Ireland... it's trickier. The catholics generally do want a united Ireland. The protestants don't.

And Westminster couldn't give two ****s about Northern Ireland.

That might be true, but a poll run by a British newspaper automatically has alarm bells ringing in my head.

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
economically NI will be a burden to the Republic of Ireland.

It would. Especially with everyone being hit so hard by covid.

==

When it comes down to it, the biggest argument from a neutral pov, imo, is that it would largely solve the border issue overnight. Ireland is already preparing to switch to French ports as opposed to the British ones they used to use.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 08:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

NI a part of Ireland might be good for Ireland ... the only proclem is a lot of NI going to Liverpool or Glasgow.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 09:03 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by -Pr-
That might be true, but a poll run by a British newspaper automatically has alarm bells ringing in my head.

Not that I like it, but it is nice that the UK is plagued with the same kind of media bias that we are.

Misery loves company?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 09:34 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blakemore
NI a part of Ireland might be good for Ireland ... the only proclem is a lot of NI going to Liverpool or Glasgow.

Hmm?

Originally posted by dadudemon
Not that I like it, but it is nice that the UK is plagued with the same kind of media bias that we are.

Misery loves company?

lol, maybe.

Certain papers that are known for being racist are also known for being pretty anti-Irish whenever they can be, too. It's people like them and The Sun that keep telling people that Ireland is to blame for Brexit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 09:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

The protestants who don't wanna live under a united Ireland will likely move to the UK.

Might be an issue.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 09:50 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you have a 4 leaf clover?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 09:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a 7 leaf clover dickwad.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 03:59 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Wonder Man
Well God says a kingdom divided cannot stand so if you form a triangle out of Ireland it might unite.

So you're saying sacrifice the souls of the Irish to fuel a Philosopher's Stone? Do Leprechauns have souls or is it replaced with a potato? 🤔....

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 11:33 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you wanna be supernatural about it, God declared independent Ireland after he slayed the dragon.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 05:48 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I hear that Oliver Cromwell said differently...

In all seriousness, I have no idea what to tell you. I'm glad that my American ass doesn't have to deal with this. There are so many IRA Factions that they could fill up a Chinese phone book.

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Nov 11th, 2020 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:24 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't let the IRA scare you, they haven't been an issue since the 90s. It's more a case of protestants fleeing back to Britain and letting Ireland ruin the sights we had. As long as the Irish are happy. Go ahead. Flirt with Europe and America. You think you're the best at boxing? We got more than you, but whatever, you win.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

no expression

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:35 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok, I think I went too far there..

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:38 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Blakemore
Don't let the IRA scare you, they haven't been an issue since the 90s. It's more a case of protestants fleeing back to Britain and letting Ireland ruin the sights we had. As long as the Irish are happy. Go ahead. Flirt with Europe and America. You think you're the best at boxing? We got more than you, but whatever, you win.

💚💚💚

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:41 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, I'm sorry. I know there are a lot of problems. Apparently Ireland doesn't have trees. Whoops.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:44 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

The trees know you will get drunk and whoop their ass in a bar brawl

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:46 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Joking aside, should NI be a part of Ireland?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:49 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I guess it really is a matter of who the Northern Irish feel like paying taxes to and who handles their law enforcement

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:52 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

some want to, some don't.... that's the problem.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:58 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I will admit, this is a FUBAR quagmire that Ireland is in, mainly due to Brexit. Now that the UK is establishing it's definitive sovereign boundaries, Ireland is at an unavoidable crossroads to establish it's sovereignty or be annexed into the UK, and because of the Anglocentric rhetoric of Brexit, there is zero possibility of mutually shared land.

FIRST OFF HOLY PHUCKING SHIT ANYONE WHO WANTS A DETAILED EXAMPLE OF HOW STUPID AND SHORTSIGHTED BREXIT WAS, HERE YA GO.

Secondly, Biden's ONLY chance is to help the UK reverse Brexit, because if he doesn't, the ethnocentric precedent of Brexit will mean that The Good Friday Agreement will no longer stand, and you'll be helping the IRA perpetrate The Troubles 2: Remembrance Day Bugaloo😐....

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Nov 12th, 2020 at 06:59 AM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 06:56 AM