KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Homelander (The Boys) vs Titan (Megamind)

Homelander (The Boys) vs Titan (Megamind)
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Homelander (The Boys) vs Titan (Megamind)

Who wins this fight?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:26 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Homelander gets buttf*cked hardcore. He's trash compared to Tighten.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:47 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Homelander gets buttf*cked hardcore. He's trash compared to Tighten.
I caught that joke.

Didn't Homelander shrug off literally every attack in the show though?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 02:02 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I caught that joke.

Didn't Homelander shrug off literally every attack in the show though?

And every attack in the show was far below what Metro Man and by extension Tighten were capable of. Homelander couldn't stop a plane. Tighten picked up an entire skyscraper and threw it. Easily.

His heat vision is more powerful as well.

Last edited by KingD19 on Nov 10th, 2020 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 02:05 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Homelander couldn't stop the plane because of physics not because he wasn't strong enough.

But he does get shit stomped here.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 02:22 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by ares834
Homelander couldn't stop the plane because of physics not because he wasn't strong enough.

But he does get shit stomped here.

Well physics don't apply to Metro Man and Tighten so my point is reienforced.

https://gfycat.com/peskybraveinexpe...threads-tighten - Even with his strength, physics says this is impossible.

https://gfycat.com/satisfiedrarehammerkop - This is not a fair fight.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 02:40 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Homelander gets wrecked. He's still easily one of the weaker Superman-esque/knock-off characters we have. Pretty much the only other one he could realistically beat with his current available feats is Brightburn. Hal would shove Homelander's head up his own ass.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 03:05 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by KingD19
Well physics don't apply to Metro Man and Tighten so my point is reienforced.

https://gfycat.com/peskybraveinexpe...threads-tighten - Even with his strength, physics says this is impossible.

https://gfycat.com/satisfiedrarehammerkop - This is not a fair fight.

Not sure what you are saying here?

You seemed to be initially arguing that Homelander couldn't lift a plane and therefore he was weaker than Tighten. And as I pointed out, that's due to The Boys somewhat following real world physics not due to a lack of strength on Homelander's part. Just because physics don't apply to Metro Man and Co doesn't mean they are stronger... They likely are far stronger though due to having far better feats.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 03:14 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I was saying not only are they stronger, they also don't have the limitations of "physics". They're better in every way.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 03:21 AM
HulkIsHulk

Homelander got knocked out by a sewer roof and a bus dropped on his head. Titan got punched across the cityb a Jaeger sized robot and that only ticked him off. Homelander gets destroyed no contest.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:59 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, we don't really know whether he was outright KO'd, but he was certainly incapacitated for a notable amount of time. It took him pretty much the entire length of the fight between Stormfront, Kimiko and her brother to get himself out.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 03:03 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Homelander gets his ass beat

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 08:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, we don't really know whether he was outright KO'd, but he was certainly incapacitated for a notable amount of time. It took him pretty much the entire length of the fight between Stormfront, Kimiko and her brother to get himself out.

It's inconsistent, cuz we're told he has had every weapon known to man used on him and nothing worked.

I still think Titan wins.

Thing about this show is it's about the characters and how awful they are it's not necessarily a big super hero thing with all these fights like you might see in the Avengers. We still haven't seen Homelander cut loose.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 09:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
It's inconsistent, cuz we're told he has had every weapon known to man used on him and nothing worked.

Vague statements < screen feats though. Even if we assume that statement included things like nukes, we still don't have enough information to actually apply it. For example, even if he did survive one, how was it detonated? How far away was he? What was the yield? How long did he remain in the area? Etc. We don't know any actual quantifiable information, so it makes the statement next to useless for threads like these.

It's like the "David could destroy the world" quotes that kept popping up throughout Legion. Yeah, sounds cool and all for the intimidation/threat factor, but it really means very little in a Versus thread, due to the lack of details on how he'd actually do so and how much time and effort it would take him.

Thing about this show is it's about the characters and how awful they are it's not necessarily a big super hero thing with all these fights like you might see in the Avengers. We still haven't seen Homelander cut loose.

Doesn't really matter in a VS forum what the show is about though. If he doesn't have the feats, he doesn't have the feats. And, as things stand, he doesn't have them.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 01:48 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know the feats matter. I'm saying the writing is inconsistent with the shown power level. It doesn't change much here. Though I would argue "every weapon known to man has been used" isn't as vague as the other thing. It's not hinting at a supposed potential like with David, but rather past events.

Even if nothing contradicted the claim I would want feats that confirm that level of strength and durability.

I was not suggesting the characters get special treatment. My point is the characters on the show are not well suited for these kind of debates.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 01:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I know the feats matter. I'm saying the writing is inconsistent with the shown power level. It doesn't change much here. Though I would argue "every weapon known to man has been used" isn't as vague as the other thing. It's not hinting at a supposed potential like with David, but rather past events.

Even if nothing contradicted the claim I would want feats that confirm that level of strength and durability.

I was not suggesting the characters get special treatment. My point is the characters on the show are not well suited for these kind of debates.

Except in the instance with David it's not just potential. He actually "destroys" the world in an alternate timeline, but they're just very vague on how. He even gets put on trial for it at the end of S2. And yet it's still next to useless for a Versus thread, due to the lack of specific details on how he actually did it, just like the Homelander statement is.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 03:13 PM