KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda

Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

The story line didn't even make sense.

Why couldn't she simply produce un fertilized eggs on planet? Why couldn't her husband come to her instead? Why were they separated in the first place? Why wasn't her precious cargo better secured, so thieves couldn't do exactly as a baby did?

Why didn't the wife even notice her eggs kept disappearing? Why was Mando so casual about it, and why did he keep letting Baby Yoda out of his sight? The whole thing was too ridiculous to take seriously.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 06:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you don’t like Star Wars now?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 06:51 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Just because I'm easily pleased doesn't mean I don't have standards.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 06:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Sorry had to break my silence.

I won’t be responding to posts but I’m curious as to see who takes which sides here or maybe we all have a unity moment and say enough is enough of this crap

If you don’t believe what the NYP is saying read any other article or tweet on what these retards are saying

Baby Yoda ruining women’s futures

Lunatics are going after Gina Carano too. Trying to get her fired. Cuz just not watching the show isn't an option. Disney sends out a hit squad each week to force them to watch.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...democrats-masks

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 16th, 2020 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 08:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
The story line didn't even make sense.

Why couldn't she simply produce un fertilized eggs on planet? Why couldn't her husband come to her instead? Why were they separated in the first place? Why wasn't her precious cargo better secured, so thieves couldn't do exactly as a baby did?

Why didn't the wife even notice her eggs kept disappearing? Why was Mando so casual about it, and why did he keep letting Baby Yoda out of his sight? The whole thing was too ridiculous to take seriously.

Yeah but do we really want to enter into a "shit that doesn't make sense about star wars" discussion cuz we could literally go through every film and tv show and find something. Why didn't the empire fire on the f*cking ship that just had droids, in the very beginning of Ep 4? Entire series doesn't happen if it does that. It makes no sense, why not just blast it away? Did they have a limited number of shots they could fire?

See what I mean? Go to tv tropes and look up star wars and then go to the "headscratchers" section.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 16th, 2020 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 08:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Sorry had to break my silence.

I won’t be responding to posts but I’m curious as to see who takes which sides here or maybe we all have a unity moment and say enough is enough of this crap

If you don’t believe what the NYP is saying read any other article or tweet on what these retards are saying

Baby Yoda ruining women’s futures

It's a retarded complaint from retards and the conservative NY Post were retards for giving it a voice.

Nothing will come of this, Season 3 of the show will roll on as scheduled barring delays due to Covid-19 shutdowns.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 08:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Tzeentch
These 4 tweets you've listed have convinced me

Conservatives do not seem to understand that Twitter is not real life.

What they are seeing on their feeds is a finely-curated and very unrepresentative sample of the population.

Only 22% of Americans use Twitter at all. Most users rarely Tweet, and 80% of Tweets come from 10% of users.

So 80% of Tweets come from 2% of Americans, and it is not even a representative 2%.

According to Pew Research, far-left "cancel culture" Twitter represents less than .1% of all Americans.

That less than .1% has an outsized voice, because they are prolific Tweeters, and their Tweets get seen by public figures who use the platform, which is why there is so much discourse about "cancel culture," even though it is produced by a relatively tiny group of people.

So if they want to understand why most people easily dismiss these sorts of Tweets, they need to pull their heads out of the radical bubble.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 09:45 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

What they are seeing on their feeds is a finely-curated and very unrepresentative sample of the population.

Only 22% of Americans use Twitter at all. Most users rarely Tweet, and 80% of Tweets come from 10% of users.

So 80% of Tweets come from 2% of Americans, and it is not even a representative 2%.

According to Pew Research, far-left "cancel culture" Twitter represents less than .1% of all Americans.

That less than .1% has an outsized voice, because they are prolific Tweeters, and their Tweets get seen by public figures who use the platform, which is why there is so much discourse about "cancel culture," even though it is produced by a relatively tiny group of people.

So if they want to understand why most people easily dismiss these sorts of Tweets, they need to pull their heads out of the radical bubble.

Does this just apply to twitter? Is Facebook real life?

I'd think it would apply to Facebook too. Of course democrats thought it was real enough in the wake of the 2016 election, but I know you'll have a great excuse for it.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 16th, 2020 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 09:47 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Surtur
Does this just apply to twitter? Is Facebook real life?

I'd think it would apply to Facebook too. Of course democrats thought it was real enough in the wake of the 2016 election, but I know you'll have a great excuse for it.

Stay triggered over Twitter then.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 09:50 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Were Democrats triggered over Facebook?

You kinda avoided the whole "they thought social media was real life" thing while running your mouth about conservatives smile

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 09:52 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Surtur
Lunatics are going after Gina Carano too. Trying to get her fired. Cuz just not watching the show isn't an option. Disney sends out a hit squad each week to force them to watch.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...democrats-masks

They've been after her for awhile now. They hounded her to put up her pronouns and instead she put up something like beep/bop/boop.... laughing out loud Needless to say, they were not pleased and called for her to be fired.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 10:17 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Was not aware it was that few. Especially the 0.1% in regards to the "Far-Left". Makes sense though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 12:51 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It's a very interesting phenomenon.

Imagine if someone who had never been to KMC before came here and used the GDF to shape their worldview on politics and political groups. That's basically what it's like when retards complain about some tweet they don't like or Facebook post.

Like imagine someone tried to prove that conservatives are retarded by linking silent master's post history.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 01:42 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Like imagine someone tried to prove that conservatives are retarded by linking silent master's post history.

Agreed. That'd be the worst case in history of trying to prove conservatives were "retarded" by using Silent Master's post history. Mostly because SM is a liberal and very smart.

"Are we actually the mentally disabled Nazis?"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 02:08 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Ah, you slipped up and thought that I was implying the common bridge between them was conservatism, and not retardation

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 02:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Ah, you slipped up and thought that I was implying the common bridge between them was conservatism, and not retardation

You might be able to. But Silent Master is the worst person to use for that if that's you're objective.

Hey, wait a minute, we're just saying the same things we said before but using different words!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 02:25 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's a very interesting phenomenon.

Imagine if someone who had never been to KMC before came here and used the GDF to shape their worldview on politics and political groups. That's basically what it's like when retards complain about some tweet they don't like or Facebook post.

I disagree. Yes, pretending all liberals are like these extremists cancel culture idiots is ridiculous. But complaining about them is not. Simply because these idiots have a massive amount of influence. Careers and lives have been ruined by them. And some industries, particularly western gaming, have basically begun to appease them. So, yes, I feel complaining about some tweet saying that calling a burnt faced "disfigured" is "ableist" and "unacceptable" is fair game considering that very tweet managed to modify a video game.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 02:29 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by dadudemon
You might be able to. But Silent Master is the worst person to use for that if that's you're objective.

Hey, wait a minute, we're just saying the same things we said before but using different words!

The fact that you had to repeat yourself because he was unable to understand such a simple statement should tell you all you need to know about him

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 03:27 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by ares834
I disagree. Yes, pretending all liberals are like these extremists cancel culture idiots is ridiculous. But complaining about them is not. Simply because these idiots have a massive amount of influence. Careers and lives have been ruined by them. And some industries, particularly western gaming, have basically begun to appease them. So, yes, I feel complaining about some tweet saying that calling a burnt faced "disfigured" is "ableist" and "unacceptable" is fair game considering that very tweet managed to modify a video game.
Okay, but "this incredibly small, vocal minority has too much sway on popular media" is an entirely different assertion from "the left created censorship, and here's these tweets for proof".

edit- as an aside, you have the right to complain about whatever you like. But keep in mind that right now Janet Jackson is still banned for life from the Superbowl due to an accidental nipple slip on tv from like 2004. That would never happen in more liberal places like western Europe. Don't fall prey to confirmation bias.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 17th, 2020 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 04:42 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
The fact that you had to repeat yourself because he was unable to understand such a simple statement should tell you all you need to know about him

Bingo. And yes Twitter isn't real life, but you can use it to potentially mess with someone's life.

Just recently target banned a book after a single tweet called it transphobic. Thankfully Target reversed, but a mob of about one was able to temporarily get a book pulled from a store cuz a corporation saw their whiny tweet.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 06:03 AM