KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda

Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Stay triggered over Twitter then.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 04:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Keep dodging the points made thumb up

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 09:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cancel culture is a dress rehearsal for mass murder.

If you can disappear someone from their job, or a digital or entertainment space, for example, with no one noticing, then it signals disappearing for real wouldnt be met with much blow back.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 11:51 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I kinda feel like comparing it to mass murder is just gonna render any legit criticism moot.

We don't wanna be like lunatics invoking Kristallnacht do we?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 11:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by ilikecomics
Cancel culture is a dress rehearsal for mass murder.

If you can disappear someone from their job, or a digital or entertainment space, for example, with no one noticing, then it signals disappearing for real wouldnt be met with much blow back.

^eon sure is chatty today

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:01 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So that's eon?

Who isn't

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:02 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I kinda feel like comparing it to mass murder is just gonna render any legit criticism moot.

We don't wanna be like lunatics invoking Kristallnacht do we?

They're comparable in the way theyre the same thing but of different intensities.

An example can be found in someone like stefan molyneaux. Youtube deleted his channel, which had 15 years of content and he is fairly prolific, which would have an obvious effect on his income.

The reason why this is similar to mass murder is the illegitimate means that his channel was deleted; via the whim of a centralized power. Think of the holocaust, the holomodor, the cultural revolution etc.

So if there is no societal self correction mechanism to make things legitimate again in terms of attacks on ones reputational and financial then what is to stop it from escalating to murder?

If you think this sounds unreasonable think of how the media playing defence for the protesters allowed 2 billion dollars of property damage to go unpunished and the culture over whether rittenhouses claim to self defense is legit when there's video evidence.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:35 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well hell, you gave a valid explanation

You're like a unicorn here

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:45 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Trump is the King Of Cancel Culture

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:52 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You down with KCC, yeah u know me

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:58 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well hell, you gave a valid explanation

You're like a unicorn here

Wow, i love when i can get someone to change their mind through reason.

Thank you for being reasonable

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 01:25 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a nice change. Someone explained a position. I'm used to just "reeee"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 01:38 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a nice change. Someone explained a position. I'm used to just "reeee"

Entering into argumentation automatically insinuates a negotiation is at hand.
The rules and aims of negotiation is to reach a mutally beneficial end.
One thinks argumentation is valuable by virtue of entering it.
Dogs can commit speech acts, but cant engage in argumentation.
Anyone saying reeee only proves that they are dogs and the opinions of dogs are treated as such.

td;lr anything other than honest and committed engagement is a waste of everyone's time imo

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 02:26 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

They're comparable in the way theyre the same thing but of different intensities.
Ergo they aren't the same thing at all. Raising my voice at my child when he does something wrong and beating my child with a bat when he does something wrong are "the same thing but of different intensities", but only a retard would equivalate the two.

In any case, google what a slippery slope fallacy is.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:47 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

So that's eon?

Who isn't
pretty sure Eon was Kurk

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:48 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Trump is the King Of Cancel Culture

All the more reason for those on the left to oppose it, correct?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:54 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Ergo they aren't the same thing at all. Raising my voice at my child when he does something wrong and beating my child with a bat when he does something wrong are "the same thing but of different intensities", but only a retard would equivalate the two.

In any case, google what a slippery slope fallacy is.

A society that allows adults to act like emotional terrorists towards their children, an association that involves zero choice on the child's part, will allow people to abuse their children.

The international statistics on child abuse are dismal, 80 percent of children are abused.

It's called the banality of evil, friend.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 10:05 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

A society that allows adults to act like emotional terrorists towards their children, an association that involves zero choice on the child's part, will allow people to abuse their children physically.

The international statistics on child abuse are dismal, 80 percent of children are abused.

It's called the banality of evil, friend.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 10:05 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Are you asserting that disciplining your kids is inherently child abuse?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 10:18 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The point is it's ignorant to shrug off bias with "twitter isn't real life".

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 10:19 PM