KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Brexit deadline

Brexit deadline
Started by: Blakemore

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brexit deadline

2/1/21 is the deadline, 45 days from now. Johnson has pressure from everyone, and it's looking very ugly!

Thoughts?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 04:26 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Bit confused, I thought you people had already lite the Brexit fuse not long after Bojo was elected and it was happening no matte what?

Please explain what happens on 2/1/21.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 05:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Bit confused, I thought you people had already lite the Brexit fuse not long after Bojo was elected and it was happening no matte what?

Please explain what happens on 2/1/21.
If a deal isn't reached by the 2nd of January, it'll be a no deal Brexit. That could be bad for US economy, EU economy and UK economy...or not? I mean, that's literally the beginning of the January sales where everyone starts selling their Amazon Luna and iPhone 12 max pro 5Gs...etc.

So the pressure is Johnson needs to form a deal before then that'll suit the UK, the EU and the US. Biden (catholic, loves Ireland) phoned Johnson regarding the whole thing.

If Johnson can't come up with a deal, it might mean US and EU do business directly and the UK misses out. (side note, this could also mean COVID vaccines...) Then there's the issue of the Irish border and what that means for international imports, migration and foreign policy.

I've said for a long time that I think NI should be a part of Ireland and the UK should still trade with the EU and the US...with a few exceptions I'm not even going to get into now. It's also been known that most immigrants from not only Europe and the US, but really the whole world get British citizenship by first getting Irish citizen due the the loopholes in the good Friday agreement. Then there's the fisheries where Ted Heath signed off British waters as common good for the EU when he joined the EEC and claims he doesn't want to be another Ted Heath.

There's so much to cover Rob, but all eyes on what Johnson's exit deal is if he does give one, and what the fvck will happen or the consequences.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:12 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Thank you.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blakemore
It's also been known that most immigrants from not only Europe and the US, but really the whole world get British citizenship by first getting Irish citizen due the the loopholes in the good Friday agreement.

You mean Northern Ireland citizenship, right?

Irish people from the republic don't have an easy time getting British Citizenship. Unless you know a way I haven't heard of, which honestly, I hope you do? A commonwealth passport would make it 10x easier for me to go back to Canada.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
You mean Northern Ireland citizenship, right?

Irish people from the republic don't have an easy time getting British Citizenship. Unless you know a way I haven't heard of, which honestly, I hope you do? A commonwealth passport would make it 10x easier for me to go back to Canada.
It goes, work in Ireland for a few years and get Ireland citizenship, then work in NI and get NI citizenship, then do work in UK and get UK citizenship, then go to London and shoot each other.

Last part was a joke, incase the thick people didn't get it.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:49 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It goes, work in Ireland for a few years and get Ireland citizenship, then work in NI and get NI citizenship, then do work in UK and get UK citizenship, then go to London and shoot each other.

Last part was a joke, incase the thick people didn't get it.

Oh okay. But that would involve living and working in NI for a few years. I mean, eww.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh okay. But that would involve living and working in NI for a few years. I mean, eww.
You have to elaborate on that.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You have to elaborate on that.

Because Ireland used to be part of the UK, there used to be a way to literally be grandfathered in and get a UK passport if you were born before a certain year. Now, yeah, it would involve moving to NI for a while... a place with a shit economy and **** all job prospects.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Irish on Irish hate. The worst kind of hate.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Irish on Irish hate. The worst kind of hate.

The Irish ruined Ireland!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:10 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Funniest thing I found out recently is Ireland has no trees.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

They got loads and loads of shrubbery though

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Here's the question though: Why aren't they planting trees?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Funniest thing I found out recently is Ireland has no trees.

...What?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:25 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

...What?
Here's the question though: Why aren't they planting trees?
Apparently a lot of them died.

https://emerald-heritage.com/blog/2...nd-has-no-trees

If you have the time.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Apparently a lot of them died.

https://emerald-heritage.com/blog/2...nd-has-no-trees

If you have the time.

Oh right. Because I literally was like "do i need to go and look out my back window to make sure they're still there?".

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:06 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh right. Because I literally was like "do i need to go and look out my back window to make sure they're still there?".
I jested, sorry.

So, what's your opinion on the situation, Pr? United Ireland or another more complex good Friday agreement that satisfies everyone/no one?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:11 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I jested, sorry.

So, what's your opinion on the situation, Pr? United Ireland or another more complex good Friday agreement that satisfies everyone/no one?

lol np.

Honestly, the easiest thing to do would be to adjust the GFA so nobody gets ****ed over. NI is too economically volatile to be absorbed by the Republic, especially with covid. And there's the question of how many people in Northern Ireland want to actually be part of Ireland too. There are just as many, if not more, unionists who want to stay in the UK, than there are Catholics that want to leave and join Ireland.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:17 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Irish ruined Ireland!
nah, that was the British and my grandads Traveller mob, although you can't compare stealing lead tiles from churches to shooting people. So, yeah, 800+ years of the British yolk...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:32 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote