KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Scottish Sentiments on Secession from the UK

Scottish Sentiments on Secession from the UK
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Scottish referendum is a differently thing entirely and it's pointless talking about until Brexit happens.

Just to recap on the debate:

Scotland's currency was a big question. Alex Salmond argued the Bank of England was founded by a Scot, David Cameron argued the Bank of England issues money to those under the British Crown. No crown, no money.

What kind of border would we have? One like the GFA or a harsh policed border? Whole can of worms there.

How is Scotland gonna pay off it's debt, leaves it open for a lot of investors. Imagine Scotland using the dollar or the Euro, for example.

What does this mean for NI?

Trident, military, governance, police, taxation, water control, EU membership etc. etc.

Although, I think I have an idea. I call it "the gaelic agreement"

NI has the option to join Ireland or be independent, but whichever one it chooses, it will still be able to have freedom of movement to Scotland, but not England......I guess Wales can join too.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 04:02 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I've now posted in this thread. Seeing as it's me you were all waiting on. 👍

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 06:13 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey jaden, you scot....

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 06:16 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Hey Blakey not from On the Buses.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 06:26 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

i thought dadoooooooooooooodmon making this thread was just a dumb reaction to my brexit thread....

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 06:38 PM
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I've now posted in this thread. Seeing as it's me you were all waiting on. 👍

Not really.

But if you need this, I'll pretend it was for you.

Originally posted by Blakemore
i thought dadoooooooooooooodmon making this thread was just a dumb reaction to my brexit thread....

Not really.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 01:29 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was. no expression

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 01:36 AM
dadudemon

It wasn't. And since you literally cannot dictate my intentions, suck it.

No no, seriously: you're neither intelligent enough nor important enough to warrant me making a serious "counter thread" to one of your threads. A person who flies off the handle in violent rages is hardly someone you can have a serious conversation with.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 02:00 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

You created it within minutes after I made the Brexit thread.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 10:58 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by dadudemon
Not really.

Not really.

It probably should be given how none of you seem to have any idea what you're talking about. 👍

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 12:25 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've never lived in Scotland. Sorry.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 12:32 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It probably should be given how none of you seem to have any idea what you're talking about. 👍

Except me, of course. I am definitely the most informed person on this topic and it is glaringly obvious. There's no a single person I can legitimately talk to about this on this forum.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 12:58 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

That's true. There isn't.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 02:59 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 05:06 AM
DarthAloysius

Scottish secession does appear increasingly inevitable, I believe it will happen in my lifetime.

It may be good for both parties, Scotland will have to accept responsibility for its own problems rather than using Westminster was a convenient scapegoat. And as the (frankly outdated) Union crumbles England will have to figure out what it stands for in the 21st century, and finally let go of its delusions of empire and grandeur.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 03:14 PM
DarthAloysius is currently offline Click here to Send DarthAloysius a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAloysius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAloysius
Scottish secession does appear increasingly inevitable, I believe it will happen in my lifetime.

It may be good for both parties, Scotland will have to accept responsibility for its own problems rather than using Westminster was a convenient scapegoat. And as the (frankly outdated) Union crumbles England will have to figure out what it stands for in the 21st century, and finally let go of its delusions of empire and grandeur.
It's not going to happen. Scotland's biggest trade partner is England and most just want more autonomy.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 03:27 PM
DarthAloysius

And the EU is the UK’s biggest trading partner, we still Brexited.

The popular support is there and Nicola wants it, not sure what makes you so confident.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 03:37 PM
DarthAloysius is currently offline Click here to Send DarthAloysius a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAloysius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Scottish referendum is a differently thing entirely and it's pointless talking about until Brexit happens.

Just to recap on the debate:

Scotland's currency was a big question. Alex Salmond argued the Bank of England was founded by a Scot, David Cameron argued the Bank of England issues money to those under the British Crown. No crown, no money.

What kind of border would we have? One like the GFA or a harsh policed border? Whole can of worms there.

How is Scotland gonna pay off it's debt, leaves it open for a lot of investors. Imagine Scotland using the dollar or the Euro, for example.

What does this mean for NI?

Trident, military, governance, police, taxation, water control, EU membership etc. etc.

Although, I think I have an idea. I call it "the gaelic agreement"

NI has the option to join Ireland or be independent, but whichever one it chooses, it will still be able to have freedom of movement to Scotland, but not England......I guess Wales can join too.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 03:55 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is he doing that again, it reminds me of my "Given America's experience in coups" thread where he created a similar one. He gets very triggered by the British imo.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 04:14 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's true.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 04:35 PM