KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Rank these MCU characters 1-10 Based on physical Strength

Rank these MCU characters 1-10 Based on physical Strength
Started by: HumbleServant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
When did Loki beat cap?

Avengers.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 02:56 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I personally find it hard to accurately rate Drax's strength, because while he does have a few strength feats of his own (like tearing that drone in half, ragdolling some fodder, his fight with Korath), none of it really stands out that much compared to most MCU characters who also have super strength. Honestly, his most impressive strength feat IMO is from this scene in GotG 1, where he was able to pin Gamora down with one arm, and pretty casually too from the looks of it:

Because, as we know, Gamora herself is pretty strong:

(please log in to view the image)

But that still doesn't give us a good indication of upper limit. The best we can say is he's weaker than Ronan. But considering we don't know what Ronan's actual upper strength limit is either, that still doesn't tell us all that much.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 03:03 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by FrothByte
Avengers.

I wouldn't really call that a loss. Tony cut it short, and while like did send cap flying a few times, he was still reacting and grunting to being punched and kicked in the face

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 05:30 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

I wouldn't really call that a loss. Tony cut it short, and while like did send cap flying a few times, he was still reacting and grunting to being punched and kicked in the face
I would. Cap was clearly outmatched and would have met his end if Tony didn't interfere.
Cap had no way of really harming Loki.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 06:09 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovert Potato

Originally posted by HumbleServant
Ok. If the scale was 1-1000 with 1 being the lowest what would be your answer?

- Based on feats
- Not using A>B>C logic

Hulk - 1000 (max in this mini list)
Spider-man - 20
Captain America - 3
Iron Man - 10
Trained/Strong Human - 0.1

Rest not enough info.

code:
My IQ Tests (YouTube) James Bond Jason Bourne

Last edited by Kovert Potato on Nov 21st, 2020 at 11:44 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 11:41 AM
Kovert Potato is currently offline Click here to Send Kovert Potato a Private Message Find more posts by Kovert Potato Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HumbleServant

Originally posted by Nibedicus
1. Thanos - 10
2. Hulk - 9
3. Kurse - 9
4. Thor - 8
5. Vision - 8
6. Drax - 5
7. Spiderman - 5
8. Black Panther - 3
9. Captain America - 3
10. Iron Man - 6
11. Groot - 5
12. Ronan - 7
13. Loki - 6
I like this list

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 12:23 PM
HumbleServant is currently offline Click here to Send HumbleServant a Private Message Find more posts by HumbleServant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

How is Thor so low when he has better strength feats than Hulk by a mile?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 12:50 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovert Potato

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Which feats?

code:
My IQ Tests (YouTube) James Bond Jason Bourne

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 01:12 PM
Kovert Potato is currently offline Click here to Send Kovert Potato a Private Message Find more posts by Kovert Potato Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by HumbleServant
I like this list

There is a big problem with that list.
quote:

1. Thanos - 10
2. Hulk - 9
3. Kurse - 9
4. Thor - 8
5. Vision - 8
6. Drax - 5
7. Spiderman - 5
8. Black Panther - 3
9. Captain America - 3
10. Iron Man - 6
11. Groot - 5
12. Ronan - 7
13. Loki - 6

First Kurse is stronger than Thanos (not less than or equal).
Second, Vision is about as strong as IM (not as strong as Thor without feats to back it up)

Those are the only 2 problems. Everything else appears ok.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 01:26 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Kovert Potato
Which feats?

Moving the rings, holding on to the iris while being hit with the force of a star. Slinging the ship around.

Hulk.....punched a leviathan and got beat up by....well, everyone he fought🤣🤣🤣

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 03:04 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I compare Hulk/Thanos/Kurse with how Thor reacted to hits to his face from them. How injured/dazed he was and how many punches it took to get him there.

Essentially, the Sakaar, Endgame and Dark World fight between each one and Thor.

Of the 3, Thanos managed to bloody and daze Thor with the fewest hits (3) and did appears to be the most injury followed by Kurse with (4) with some cuts to the face. With Hulk way behind with a multitude of hits w/c dazed Thor but in the end Thor mostly shrugged it all off with no visible injury that I can see.

Removed all the non-face hits/kicks to body. This is mostly reaction to face hits (or what appears to be close to it like the boulder hit).

The 3 are peers (tho Hulk would be noticeably the lowest) but the order I would put them would be Thanos > Kurse > Hulk.

OP says Thanos has to be the flat 10 score. So I followed that. If I was allowed to gauge them with decimal differences, I would put it at:

Thanos: 10. Kurse 9.75. Hulk. 9.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Nov 21st, 2020 at 03:39 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 03:36 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

These are the clips I watched in case ppl are curious where I got the counts from:

Thanos vs Thor/Cap/IM: https://youtu.be/OO0l9Yuhc0o

Thor vs Kurse: https://youtu.be/ZJneSSYTZFo

Thor vs Hulk: https://youtu.be/FYYZGQZKXUg

-Counted from Thanos going 1 on 1 with Thor til Thor summoned Stormbreaker.
-Counted from Kurse and Thor engaging until after the boulder throw.
-Counted the entire Sakaar fight.

I am aware Kurse was ground and pounding Thor after the boulder hit (with no further damage showing to Thor). But in the interest of making this as apples to apples as possible I stopped counting as soon as the injuries showed. Also, there were 6 hits from Kurse vs Thor but I excluded 2 because there is a chance that they were body hits and not face hits (can’t tell for sure and couldn’t be bothered to view them multiple times in slo mo so I took them out to be fair).

Edit. Can’t be bothered to time stamp. Just watch them clips. stick out tongue

Last edited by Nibedicus on Nov 21st, 2020 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 03:55 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Thor fought Hulk in Ragnarok Hulk seemed to have a physical advantage. Thor needed to go into his lightning god mode.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 04:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Nibedicus
I compare Hulk/Thanos/Kurse with how Thor reacted to hits to his face from them. How injured/dazed he was and how many punches it took to get him there.

Essentially, the Sakaar, Endgame and Dark World fight between each one and Thor.

Of the 3, Thanos managed to bloody and daze Thor with the fewest hits (3) and did appears to be the most injury followed by Kurse with (4) with some cuts to the face. With Hulk way behind with a multitude of hits w/c dazed Thor but in the end Thor mostly shrugged it all off with no visible injury that I can see.

Removed all the non-face hits/kicks to body. This is mostly reaction to face hits (or what appears to be close to it like the boulder hit).

The 3 are peers (tho Hulk would be noticeably the lowest) but the order I would put them would be Thanos > Kurse > Hulk.

OP says Thanos has to be the flat 10 score. So I followed that. If I was allowed to gauge them with decimal differences, I would put it at:

Thanos: 10. Kurse 9.75. Hulk. 9.

To be fair, that was an old, out of shape Thor that Thanos beat up. And Thor at that point was so out of it that he didn't even bother covering up which he at least attempted with Kurse.

Thanos also hit Thor while Thor’s head was against a rock and couldn't move away whereas Kurse was hitting Thor while Thor was free standing. This is why put Thanos and Kurse at the same level.

Last edited by FrothByte on Nov 21st, 2020 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 04:51 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

If Cap's strongest hits could do nothing but make Loki grunt whereas Loki was sending Cap flying with every exchange, I think that's pretty clear that Cap was losing that fight in decisive fashion.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 05:07 PM
h1a8

I look at other stuff like
Thanos slightly overpowering Thor in a contest of strength with stormbreaker (Thanos didn't seem wayyyy stronger). We cant be sure if Thanos was holding back because his face had some strain.

Thanos struggling a little with Cap (gauntlet scene).

Kurse knocking Mjolnir away like it was nothing (I don't see Thanos replicating that with the same power or more).

Kurse is just a little stronger than Thanos.

Imo the Kurse scene makes me believe that Kurse is significantly stronger than Thanos the way he knocked Thor away and how he easily stopped Thor's hand from advancing (like Thor was a child

Last edited by h1a8 on Nov 21st, 2020 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 06:01 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by FrothByte
To be fair, that was an old, out of shape Thor that Thanos beat up. And Thor at that point was so out of it that he didn't even bother covering up which he at least attempted with Kurse.

Thanos also hit Thor while Thor’s head was against a rock and couldn't move away whereas Kurse was hitting Thor while Thor was free standing. This is why put Thanos and Kurse at the same level.

Out of shape, sure. But this happened a few years after Infinity War. To someone as long lived as Thor the time passed would have been meaningless. stick out tongue

It's not a perfect metric, no. But it's as apples to apples as we can get.

Kurse actually had Thor (like I mentioned) in a ground and pound with his head directly pressed against the ground. No additional visible damage was done (altho Thor was more or less helpless at this point) and the cuts could be from Kurse's arm spikes when he backhanded Thor. And Thanos was hitting Thor with simple straights and jabs while Kurse was using full power punches. Lots of things can be argued that can skew the results.

However, like I said, comparatively. Thanos was doing more damage to Thor than either Hulk or Kurse with fewer strikes.

We can argue back and forth on subjective assesments on how each fight went and what counts more but in the end, this is the closest metric I can find so I'm going by it. stick out tongue

I'm not going to argue about who is stronger between Kurse/Thanos however since it is actually not clear cut. There is enough evidence to support either case. I'm just going by this because I am a big stickler for apples to apples.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 06:21 PM
h1a8

You know that durability in fiction is variable (as well as strength).
Kurse hit Thor far harder because how far back Thor flew.
Thanos never hit Thor that far away, and with such ease.

Thanos also stomped Thor in his face with his foot (more powerful than a punch).

Thor almost Stalemating Thanos twice in a contest of strength.

Thanos struggling with Cap in a contest of strength.

Science aside, Kurse just appears to be significantly stronger than Thanos from those two scenes

Last edited by h1a8 on Nov 21st, 2020 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 06:27 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8

Thanos struggling with Cap in a contest of strength.

laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing out loud

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 06:40 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Their fight in Ragnarok proved Hulk is physically stronger. Thor is able to give him a fight, but ultimately Hulk wins unless Thor uses his other powers.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 08:14 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote