KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Feat War: DC Heralds vs Marvel Heralds

Feat War: DC Heralds vs Marvel Heralds
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Are you seriously suggesting that there are two stars in the Marvel Earth's solar system? Right now?

Yes.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 05:24 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
There are some stars that have 1 planet orbiting it whereas our star...

We haven't traversed the entire universe, so there could be stars that doesnt even have planets orbiting it.

https://ibb.co/MZvXx4w

The same rules doesn't apply to each star. Also, is that star still by pluto? If not, prove it.

Yes that's right, double down on thislaughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 06:04 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

"The star born" is an obvious hyperbolic statement unless marvel Earth has two suns in the solar system.

?????

It's straight up said "A Star is Born Near Pluto."

What's hyperbolic about that?

"Water is wet."

"Fire is hot."

"The Earth has gravity."

It happened, we see it happening, and narration confirmed it happened. laughing out loud

Clearly Marvel Earth no longer has two Suns near in its solar system. Or maybe distance is relative. Near Pluto could be a few light years away. It's not our job to figure that out, Marvel has editors.

You create a feat thread, Carver posts feats, and you ignore the feat and you laugh at him? Wtf? Then why make the thread?

A few panels later Reed Richards, using his scientific instruments says the explosion was "near-Nova" proportions.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 06:12 AM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 06:08 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes that's right, double down on thislaughing out loud

Carver isn't in the wrong here. Why are you laughing at him? Laugh at Shooter.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 06:11 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

So marvel Earth has two suns? One near pluto?

laughing out loud

Idiot.
Where did Ronan or WarThor or Jane showed planetary strength or power? I'm not talking about mother storm here.

Nova Prime would be an amp with whole nova force.

What's the point of making a thread and then ignoring feats pre-emptively? Make a better OP. Here I'll help:

"Only post feats I like, and any feats I don't like are ignored."

Mother Storm IS Mjolnir. It's like the operating system of an Iron Man suit.

Richard Rider's most prolific and famous run is when he was Nova Prime with the full Nova-Force. The Annihilation era was the status quo for like 6 years. I'm not sure what's up now though. I think he's dead?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 06:15 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Carver isn't in the wrong here. Why are you laughing at him? Laugh at Shooter.

I am laughing because his proofs for the Marvel Solar System having two stars include posts like this:

There are some stars that have 1 planet orbiting it whereas our star...

We haven't traversed the entire universe, so there could be stars that doesnt even have planets orbiting it.

https://ibb.co/MZvXx4w

The same rules doesn't apply to each star. Also, is that star still by pluto? If not, prove it.

So every star have the same purpose as a sun?

Come on. You and I both know that this is laughable debating - if abhi or Phildo made these kinds of posts, you would be tearing them a new one.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:54 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

?????

It's straight up said "A Star is Born Near Pluto."

What's hyperbolic about that?

"Water is wet."

"Fire is hot."

"The Earth has gravity."

It happened, we see it happening, and narration confirmed it happened. laughing out loud

What we saw was an explosion (Nova level, half a solar system I have no problem with). Its the insistence that it birthed a new star.
quote:

Clearly Marvel Earth no longer has two Suns near in its solar system. Or maybe distance is relative. Near Pluto could be a few light years away. It's not our job to figure that out, Marvel has editors.

Everyone, rage thinks Pluto is lightyears away. Dude, they were explicitly inside the solar system. Are you retarded or something?
quote:

You create a feat thread, Carver posts feats, and you ignore the feat and you laugh at him? Wtf? Then why make the thread?

A few panels later Reed Richards, using his scientific instruments says the explosion was "near-Nova" proportions.

And that I've absolutely no problem with. Its the insistence that Marvel Earth has two suns.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 10:09 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yes.

Are you sure?
What's the point of making a thread and then ignoring feats pre-emptively? Make a better OP. Here I'll help:

"Only post feats I like, and any feats I don't like are ignored."

Mother Storm IS Mjolnir. It's like the operating system of an Iron Man suit.

Richard Rider's most prolific and famous run is when he was Nova Prime with the full Nova-Force. The Annihilation era was the status quo for like 6 years. I'm not sure what's up now though. I think he's dead?

Mother storm is the genie inside the mjolnir and is basically a different character. It's remotely nothing like an operating system.

And that was an amped Nova, not to mention that Rider had full nova force for only a few issues if you actually read the book.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 10:12 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is one of the stupidest threads i've ever came across. What DOES this exactly prove?

feats are nothing. I've never heard a writer or editor say "feats" in the way KMC debaters use it. Cuz at DC editorial NO SUCH CONCEPT EXISTS! It's about story. Not a particular punch that you can say makes a person such and such a tier. Cuz there are also no tiers. This isn't an rpg or tcg. That feat shit IS NOT REALLY A THING to comic creators. Just story. period

That's why they write stories you call lowballs. That's why they write stories you call outliers. Because they write stories, not feats and will increase or decrease or add new or delete old abilities on a whim. Like they always have done.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 01:30 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
This is one of the stupidest threads i've ever came across. What DOES this exactly prove?

feats are nothing. I've never heard a writer or editor say "feats" in the way KMC debaters use it. Cuz at DC editorial NO SUCH CONCEPT EXISTS! It's about story. Not a particular punch that you can say makes a person such and such a tier. Cuz there are also no tiers. This isn't an rpg or tcg. That feat shit IS NOT REALLY A THING to comic creators. Just story. period

That's why they write stories you call lowballs. That's why they write stories you call outliers. Because they write stories, not feats and will increase or decrease or add new or delete old abilities on a whim. Like they always have done.

...Okay?

Want to tell us more, Captain Obvious?

You either care about feats or you don't. Either is fine. But if you don't, you're on the wrong forum.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 01:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

My point is this thread is pointless because scaling and tiering doesn't exist except in the minds of fans. period.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 01:42 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

My point is this thread is pointless because scaling and tiering doesn't exist except in the minds of fans. period.

Yeah, but that point could be made about this entire forum, and yet you still post here.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 01:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, but that point could be made about this entire forum, and yet you still post here.

So you're ignoring there are no consistent feats? No standard bar. No measure where you can say "that can never happen" cuz it can and will the second a writer says so. This ain't reality. There are no rules. It's all made up and subject to change on a moment's notice

How over reliance on feats leads to a weird, stagnated idea of characters. Personalities, motivations. These things are more consistent. These things matter more in understanding a character.

The strengths levels literally fluctuate from page to page within the same book at times.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 01:46 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Motherstorm mew mew was standard for Janethor.

WM was standard for Nova Prime, who is considered low herald in the forum. Rich had full access to nova force. It was regulated by his suit.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 01:56 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So you're ignoring there are no consistent feats? No standard bar. No measure where you can say "that can never happen" cuz it can and will the second a writer says so. This ain't reality. There are no rules. It's all made up and subject to change on a moment's notice

How over reliance on feats leads to a weird, stagnated idea of characters. Personalities, motivations. These things are more consistent. These things matter more in understanding a character.

The strengths levels literally fluctuate from page to page within the same book at times.

You literally have not read the rules about how characters function on this board, have you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 02:12 PM
carver9

A star was created ABHI. Deal with it and move on.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 02:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That's ignoring the whole "please post feats from the last TWENTY years"
lmao.

It's inadmissible either way, move on Carv.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 02:49 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
No

laughing out loud

As if your "no" holds any value here.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 05:14 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Motherstorm mew mew was standard for Janethor.

WM was standard for Nova Prime, who is considered low herald in the forum. Rich had full access to nova force. It was regulated by his suit.

No, it is not.

Full nova force IS an amp for the Rider.
A star was created ABHI. Deal with it and move on.

laughing out loud

I have to move on?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 05:18 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

No, it is not.

Full nova force IS an amp for the Rider.

That was a feature of Janethor's run. She was often on autopilot due to mew mew walking her through Thor's powers. She also called on mew mew to perform ridiculous things.

Having access to full nova force was what mad him Nova Prime. It was not an amp. And like i said, it was regulated through his suit. Having access to an unlimited energy source doesnt mean u are using it in its entirety at all times.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:00 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote