KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Feat War: DC Heralds vs Marvel Heralds

Feat War: DC Heralds vs Marvel Heralds
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
What we saw was an explosion (Nova level, half a solar system I have no problem with). Its the insistence that it birthed a new star.

Everyone, rage thinks Pluto is lightyears away. Dude, they were explicitly inside the solar system. Are you retarded or something?

And that I've absolutely no problem with. Its the insistence that Marvel Earth has two suns.

It's not Carver's insistence, it's what was on panel. No one cares if you don't like it, no one cares if you can't accept it.

Marvel Earth having two Suns doesn't fit into continuity but unless you became an Editor at Marvel, you don't really get a say on whether or not it counts.

If you want to argue that it doesn't make sense, that's ok. I also happen to agree it's a stupid scene that gets promptly ignored, but it doesn't matter that I think that. Feelings =/= feats.

Making fun of Carver and insisting it's not valid is idiotic. That's how silly you are. You have me defending Carver and Gladiator, which I really don't want to do.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Nov 24th, 2020 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 08:54 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It makes my heart melt seeing Rage defend me. He is my Thor (made sure I said this in enough time for you not to be able to edit your post. Enjoy).

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 10:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Abhi..

Ure point is moot.

I am referencing that Nova Prime era who was considered low herald in these forums for years. Smh.

And why do I care what forums say?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2020 03:31 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The Mother Storm is the heart of Mjolnir as said by Heimdall.

Also wdym it's not remotely like an operating system? It literally feeds Jane Foster information, history, experience, and battle tactics:
https://i.imgur.com/Clk9qiU.jpg

That's not new, StormBreaker has done it to BRB too. It was the enchantment. By its own admission the only time it awakened was when Jane was in danger of getting her secret revealed.
quote:

It's trapped inside Mjolnir, and is forced to respond to follow the hammer's rules such as deciding who is Worthy, giving them the power of Thor etc.

It's not my fault having a sentient Galaxy-sized sentient super-storm that survived the Big Bang, is the size of a galaxy and is only growing bigger makes Mjolnir OP AF:
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qi...26a82bc2a1.webp
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qi...dd1215c285.webp
https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpres...lnir-origin.png

Yeah, that still does not makes it Jane galaxy level.
quote:

I did read the book. Nova Prime Richard Rider has.....the full Nova Force on tap. He distributed it to other Centurions but could withdraw back at any time. What exactly is your point?

It was an amp which lasted a few years.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2020 03:35 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's not Carver's insistence, it's what was on panel. No one cares if you don't like it, no one cares if you can't accept it.

Marvel Earth having two Suns doesn't fit into continuity but unless you became an Editor at Marvel, you don't really get a say on whether or not it counts.

Why not? Old comics were full of hyperbolic statements like that.

You don't have to be an editor to have common sense.
quote:

If you want to argue that it doesn't make sense, that's ok. I also happen to agree it's a stupid scene that gets promptly ignored, but it doesn't matter that I think that. Feelings =/= feats.

Making fun of Carver and insisting it's not valid is idiotic. That's how silly you are. You have me defending Carver and Gladiator, which I really don't want to do.

You're only going this route because I'm arguing against it.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2020 03:37 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Damn cant even get an honorable mention..et tu Brute

We apparently aren't active enough

Old Post Nov 26th, 2020 05:57 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

you guys are in the middle, sway both ways

i forgot hulkster for marvel camp, who is basically a less funny version of carver

Old Post Nov 26th, 2020 06:03 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

So this is the list of high heralds and mid heralds as per tier thread. Which company (DC or Marvel) heralds have more cosmic showings (Planet destroying, sun level feats) in last twenty years? Characters should be unamped while performing the feats. Assisted feats are allowed.

Tier 3 - Herald
High
Adam Warlock, Annihilus (/w/ CCR), Asmodel, Atrocitus, Brimstone, Cyborg Superman, Despero, Doomsday (DOS), Doomsday (Gog Wars), The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Firestorm, Flash (Barry Allen, Wally West, Bart Allen), Genis-Vell, Godspeed, Grail, Green Lanterns (Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner), Helspont, Imperiex Probes, John Constantine, Majestic, Maxima, Obsidian, Orion, Quasar, Sentry (no Void), Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Starbrand, Starro the Conqueror, Talisman, Thor, The Weird, Ultraman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Zod, Zoom (Hunter Solomon)
Middle
Abra Kadabra, Alexander Nero, Apocalypse, Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Bizarro Superman, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Blue Marvel, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Captain Marvel (DC), Cassandra Nova, Cheetah, Citizen Steel, Count Nefaria, Damage, Damien Hellstrom, Dr. Doom, Eradicator (non-Fortress Mode), Etrigan, The Fallen One, The General (Shaggy Man), Gladiator, Graviton, Grayven, Green Lanterns (Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, John Stewart, Katma, Kilowog, Simon Baz, Sodam Yat), Hulk, Hyperion, Juggernaut (Classic), Kang, Kid Omega, Kurse, Lobo, Loki, Maestro, Magneto (616), Magus (Post-IG), Manchester Black, Mantis (New God), Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, Mongul, Monica Rambeau (Spectrum), Moonstone (w/ both stones), Morg, Nate Grey, O.M.A.C., Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Sersi, Shaman, Skreet, Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris), Stardust, Supergirl, Ultron, White Martians, Wildfire, Witchfire (Demon Form)
DC, by far. In Marvel Mjolnir gets melted by the sun, Hulk gets pinned down and prison raped by the weight of the sun, Surfer and BRB get plowed by a Black Hole than even Corsair and the rest survive, lol.

Meanwhile in DC, teenager half kryptonians go through Black Holes, Orion vaporizes solar systems while fighting and Hal plays pool with planets.

You'd have to be legitimate insane to think the Marvel characters operate anywhere near the top tiers in DC. In fact, the likes of Surfer don't even represent the high-herald tier in any way anymore, when there's plenty of high and even mid-heralds that arguably have greater raw power than him.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 8th, 2020 06:56 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Lmao, it always amazes me at how biased Philosophia is. I'm not sure why individuals with autism self-select into being Superman fans. It's always been a bit of a mystery.

Maybe it's the red tights, since Philosophia most likely wears diapers on the outside too.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2020 08:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lmao, it always amazes me at how biased Philosophia is. I'm not sure why individuals with autism self-select into being Superman fans. It's always been a bit of a mystery.

Maybe it's the red tights, since Philosophia most likely wears diapers on the outside too.

Great way to refute his claims.

Like really.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2020 09:17 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Great way to refute his claims.

Like really.

Ok....

quote:
DC, by far. In Marvel Mjolnir gets melted by the sun,

That's how far I made it. Let's make this extra hard by sticking this only to Jason Aaron written comics, and using references only to Stellar masses. I.e. even if a feat noticeably superior to Solar level, such as Mjolnir surviving Big Bang energies, the death of a Universe, or the God Bomb, we won't count it. So basically extra extra hard.

We will break it down by the Mangog story-line as pre, current, and post as Sun interactions in Thor stories.

Pre-Mangog
1) Thor flies so fast, Stars flicker.
2) Three Thor's fight Gorr in a Sun.
3) Thor and Mjolnir fly into a black hole.
4) Mjolnir hurts, damages, scares and tanks the Phoenix in the same story it is made clear the bird can consume a Universe.
5) Mjolnir endures the fire of the Phoenix.
6) Mjolnir flies through a Star.
7) Mjolnir changes a flying Supernova into a regular Star.

During-Mangog
8) Mjolnir melts in the Sun.
9) Thor falls into the Sun and leaps from the Sun to Asgard.

Post-Mangog:
10) Thor hangs himself upside down on a portion of the World Tree on the Sun.
11) Mjolnir is reforged and flies from the Sun.
12) Thor spent millennia living in the heart of the Sun.
13) Mjolnir flies through the Sun.
14) Gorr traps Mjolnir in the Sun.
15) Mjolnir absorbs and throws three Suns at Gorr.
16) A half-dead dying Loki spends the rest of Eternity powering the last star in the Universe.

Those are all off the top of my head. All under JA I believe, and limited to stellar masses and showings not far above Solar level. Out of all those showings, Philosphoia referenced the bolded one.

How many times has Superman survived in the Sun? How many times has it been highlighted that he would not be able to or could die? Did he not recently say that the pressure near (not at) the Earth's core was nearly too much for him?

Now imagine I made the same post and said, "DC Heralds are weak, Superman can barely survive near the centre of the Earth etc."

It's a retarded post. I understand you feel a sense of comradeship because you probably buy your diapers from the same manufacturer as him, but think about things a little.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 04:25 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

King Thor using mjolnir is hardly the same thing as Thor using mjolnir. Most of those you cite are alternate reality showings (and its a precedent set under Jurgens that Odinforce can make mjolnir stronger).

Also lol @ using flickering stars as a feat.

Mjolnir melted in the sun, it was a major plot point of a ****ing event, not some random Justice League showing where Superman was still the most powerful being on Earth and literally stalemated The Keeper who was moving entire timeline casually.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 04:31 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

[B]King Thor using mjolnir is hardly the same thing as Thor using mjolnir. Most of those you cite are alternate reality showings (and its a precedent set under Jurgens that Odinforce can make mjolnir stronger).

I did not mention a single alternate reality showing. Those were all written by Jason Aaron.

Under Jason Aaron, it's the same hammer, and is independent of the All-Father because of the Mother Storm.

[B]Also lol @ using flickering stars as a feat.

Mjolnir melted in the sun, it was a major plot point of a ****ing event, not some random Justice League showing where Superman was still the most powerful being on Earth and literally stalemated The Keeper who was moving entire timeline casually.

Mjolnir did not melt in the War of Realms, even though a piece of it did. Soooo your argument is that something counts more when it's part of an event? smile

In War of the Realms, Thor used the Mother Storm to forge a new Mjolnir in the Sun, and it was undamaged. smile

Did Mjolnir get more durable during any of these events? Clearly not, hammer durability doesn't fluctuate with confidence. It was a plot point, but it was one of many. However, since it fits your narrative, it is referenced despite a large body of evidence contradicting it.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 9th, 2020 at 04:57 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 04:44 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

DC heralds have always been weak sauce, even recently an amped Superman (fused with anti life cells) and Several main dc heralds including Prime hit everything with everything they've had and the planet doesn't break:

How abhi views Superman/DC HERALDS isn't how DC writers view them nor portrayed as.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 04:45 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You guys are great. Really.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 04:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
DC heralds have always been weak sauce, even recently an amped Superman (fused with anti life cells) and Several main dc heralds including Prime hit everything with everything they've had and the planet doesn't break:

How abhi views Superman/DC HERALDS isn't how DC writers view them nor portrayed as.

DC's biggest powerhouses failed to destroy the Earth, it was a major plot point of a ****ing event, not some random Mjolnir showing where Thor was still the most powerful god in the Universe and literally fought Mangog who was more dangerous than the Phoenix and the ultimate sanction for every god in creation.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 04:59 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud laughing

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 05:03 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by -Pr-
You guys are great. Really.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 05:07 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I did not mention a single alternate reality showing. Those were all written by Jason Aaron.

Under Jason Aaron, it's the same hammer, and is independent of the All-Father because of the Mother Storm.

Jason Aaron doesn't gets to change the rules of time travel in marvel. King Thor timeline is an alternate reality.
quote:

Mjolnir did not melt in the War of Realms, even though a piece of it did. Soooo your argument is that something counts more when it's part of an event? smile

In War of the Realms, Thor used the Mother Storm to forge a new Mjolnir in the Sun, and it was undamaged. smile

laughing out loud

The whole event was to make Thor worthy and to reforge mjolnir which was shown repeatedly.

Youre an idiot.
quote:

Did Mjolnir get more durable during any of these events? Clearly not, hammer durability doesn't fluctuate with confidence. It was a plot point, but it was one of many. However, since it fits your narrative, it is referenced despite a large body of evidence contradicting it.

Aaron literally said that if mjolnir is in the sun for a long time or doesn't gets out, it melts. Not that it melts instantly.

No matter how much you moan about it, it's not going to change.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 06:48 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil

In the same event Prime literally destroyed three multiverses and Superman literally powered up the sun.

Its clearly the plot point of indestructible Earth. But hey, one showing changes everything, huh? Should I bring up marvel heralds such showings?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 06:50 PM