KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Which powerset would you choose..?

Which powerset would you choose..?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Re: Re: Which powerset would you choose..?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
7.) Franklin Richards' reality manipulation... good choice but boring choice. Imagine being able to do anything.
lol

7 all the way

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 10:34 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Sin I AM
My will is absolute. GL ring for me...the rest are not worth my attention save mjolnir which id probably turn into a dildo and die climaxing while getting shot with a galactic level lightning blast.

(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 10:47 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

7. It's the only way to become God.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:31 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by zopzop
7. Franklin's power and it's not even close.
yup. Immortality and cosmic level power. Fully charged ring won’t prevent someone from growing old and dying.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:34 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The thing with Franklin is that's it's easy to say: "He's only a naive 8 year old child and was able to control his powers just fine, so I'd have no problem with them"... But he's also a fictional character who is specifically written that way in a fictional media.

Unless you have immense self-control and can keep your every thought in check(even while you're asleep), then Franklin's power would be absurdly difficult to get the hang of. Imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Would you even need to sleep anymore?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 12:02 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Franklin sleeps. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 01:01 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Franklin is a *****, tho.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 02:05 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Dambo, Mjolnir would hate you. It would betray you. You are the patriarchy that mother storm despises.

🤔

Thats fair....

Maybe I can practice my willpower with the ring lol

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 02:22 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Sin I AM
My will is absolute. GL ring for me...the rest are not worth my attention save mjolnir which id probably turn into a dildo and die climaxing while getting shot with a galactic level lightning blast.

Please stop.

I dont think I can get any more erect.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 02:26 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by Galan007
Franklin sleeps. /shrug
Yeah but
But he's also a fictional character who is specifically written that way in a fictional media.
evil face

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 03:25 AM
krisblaze

Wouldn't reality warping powers completely trivialize everything.
I fear power on that scale would make life itself seem pointless.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 05:47 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

The thing with Franklin is that's it's easy to say: "He's only a naive 8 year old child and was able to control his powers just fine, so I'd have no problem with them"... But he's also a fictional character who is specifically written that way in a fictional media.

Unless you have immense self-control and can keep your every thought in check(even while you're asleep), then Franklin's power would be absurdly difficult to get the hang of. Imo.

To be honest. I don't care if I damage things by dreaming (I don't have such dreams anyway). I can just repairs everything back to normal.

Also I would leave Earth immediately and explore the real universe. I would make myself not needing sleep and intangible (and invisible). I'll seek out other life and planets. Just like star trek.

Last edited by h1a8 on Nov 24th, 2020 at 06:03 AM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 05:58 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by krisblaze
Wouldn't reality warping powers completely trivialize everything.
I fear power on that scale would make life itself seem pointless.
You would get bored after awhile. I would temporarily lose memory to certain things. That would keep life always interested.

Tbh I would use my powers to explore the universe. I would leave Earth instantly.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 06:01 AM
StyleTime

In all honesty, I don't really buy the "kickass powers would make you bored with life" idea.

As limited beings, we fall into a bit of a trap when it comes to this. We assume our limits make our existence meaningful, but it's likely we're just rationalizing our own imperfection to justify how shitty our condition is.

Truthfully, perfection or absurd levels of power could be utterly awesome. Once you ascend, you'd think "How did I ever think being a dumb ass, flatscan human was better than this?"

You can still do the things you enjoy. Read, watch a movie, play video games, go chill with friends, make art, or keep posting on KMC. You're just free from having to worry about all the silly things that come with mortality. You don't need to make money, so just go have fun. Or help people. Or learn an instrument. Or learn a new language. Or explore the cosmos.

If anything, life gets more interesting. Think of everything you could do with Franklin's power.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 24th, 2020 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 10:30 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Your post reminded me of Count Nefaria's conversation with Hood.

In the New Avengers Finale one-shot.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 10:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Green Lantern ring.

Do we also get access to its computer system? Is it linked to the guardians database?

Would be fun to go flying in space. Always have a house to sleep in wherever you go on earth.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 11:31 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

xavier tp
flash speed
franklin godpower (hell yeah! why not?!)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2020 06:32 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Your post reminded me of Count Nefaria's conversation with Hood.

In the New Avengers Finale one-shot.

Yeah, Nefaria was 100% right. Most folks would probably want to commit suicide if they had godlike power and suddenly lost it. No one would go "Wow, it's great to have limits again! Now I can get back to my mundane existence, doing all the same things except without the cool powers. It was so boring curing cancer with a thought. Being powerless rules!"

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 25th, 2020 at 10:06 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2020 10:02 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

2 or 7 for me.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2020 02:15 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote