KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Opinion: Why Ben Affleck is not a good representation of Batman

Opinion: Why Ben Affleck is not a good representation of Batman
Started by: YousufKhan1212

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
nah coz fatfleck will win in drinking contests

So even drinking wouldn’t help Bale not be an awful Batman.
Agreed!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 03:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Baleman:
-Better character arc
-Better at steath
- More believable as a vigilante
-Wealth is a disadvantage

Batfleck
-Better physique
-Better at intimidation
- More believable as a superhero
-Wealth is an advantage

Both have great gadgets and great Alfreds

I more or less agree. I’d also say that Baleman had more character depth, and was much, much more level headed and disciplined. One of Batman’s most defining character traits is his willpower and self discipline. Batfleck has none of that, he murders people because he’s mentally weak (and blindly wants Superman dead because of the unproven assumption that he killed thousands of people (which he really didn’t, it was Zod who did). Moreover, he couldn’t even deduce that Superman and Clark Kent are one and the same, but Lex Luthor deduces both Snyderman and Batfleck’s secret identities, for unexplained reasons. Like I said earlier, he’s a terribly written character, but Affleck’s performance is good. Baleman also had his own inaccuracies, but that’s largely because he was a much more grounded Batman who lives in a Gotham that exists in a post 9/11 reality world, but even in his case, these inaccuracies actually work because they prompt good story telling, and I know I will get a lot of shit for this, but in a few ways, they’re actually better than the comics and DC animated universe because Nolan and Bale humanised Bruce Wayne in ways the comics and cartoons didn’t. Though overall I do prefer Post Crisis and DCAU versions of the character.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 02:05 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

WRONG FORUM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 02:16 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote