KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Strength equalized battle

Strength equalized battle
Started by: HumbleServant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HumbleServant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Based on fighting skills alone, it breaks down like this:

Thor > Superman
Hulk > Doomsday
Thanos > Zod
Namek ? Kurse
Wonder Woman > Valkrie
Faora > Sif
Loki > Aquaman (could change my mind here)
Iron Man > Black Manta
Captain America > Batman
Black Widow > Katana
Namek is the tallest krytonian who was in full body armor and his face was covered
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 07:47 PM
HumbleServant is currently offline Click here to Send HumbleServant a Private Message Find more posts by HumbleServant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Thank you, but I already knew that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 08:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
I'm not claiming anyone on the list isnt a good fighter.

Why do you ask?

So your point was to troll and derail the thread. thanks for being honest.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 09:32 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
So your point was to troll and derail the thread. thanks for being honest.
No. It just means you lack reading comprehension.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 11:00 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

No. It just means you lack reading comprehension.

No, it means I know you.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 11:38 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You are saying one character is more skilled than another solely based off who they fought and not how they looked in the fights.
But how do we determine the skill of who they fought?
Again, with who they fought?
And how far down the line do we go? Until we have someone beating multiple fodder (like thugs or random beings)?

I'm just asking for your take on skill.

Note: there is no one correct standard. The actual standard is based on opinion.

I consider both the quality of opponents someone has fought as well as the ease with which they defeated them or, if they didn't defeat them, how much of a fight they were able to put up.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 02:30 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
I consider both the quality of opponents someone has fought as well as the ease with which they defeated them or, if they didn't defeat them, how much of a fight they were able to put up.

But how do you determine the quality of opponents? By who they fought?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 03:18 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

No, it means I know you.

Not this time. If you look at my list it nearly matches his (in most parts). So my question is actually genuine.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 03:19 AM
Silent Master

If you say so roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 07:52 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

But how do you determine the quality of opponents? By who they fought?

By the exact same metric: by who they fought and by how well they fought.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 06:00 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HumbleServant

Originally posted by Robtard
Thank you, but I already knew that.
Sorry I thought you didnt know

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 06:33 PM
HumbleServant is currently offline Click here to Send HumbleServant a Private Message Find more posts by HumbleServant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
By the exact same metric: by who they fought

Ok then this method will continue on and on until we get to the first opponent on which the pyramid is built. So since this first opponent never fought anyone then how do you determine their quality?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 06:35 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's just a direct comparison.

Batman v Cap

Batman is a composite of the DCEU so he gets feats from Batman v Superman and Justice League and Suicide Squad. In all those movies, he only fought random goons in a warehouse, random parademons, and he used Kryptonite so he could bully Superman.

Cap on the other hand has fought elite military soldiers/agents from multiple organizations(SHIELD, HYDRA, Batroc and his mercs, Foreign forces like the French when he was with Bucky, etc...) He's fought Winter Soldier, Loki, another Cap, Quicksilver, Spider-Man, Ultron, Thanos, etc... And in all Cap's fights, he never looked bad. He was either overpowered by stronger opponents or used his own stats and skill to match his opponent or dominate the fight.

So based on Cap not only fighting way more people and a much more varied group, but also showing immense skill in all of his fights, the odds are highly in his favor. Bruce definitely showed skill, but he showed it against complete nobodies every single time. And his fight with Clark was a slobberknocker with him just demolishing him any way he could because Clark was poisoned and unable to fight back a majority of the time.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 07:22 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Ok then this method will continue on and on until we get to the first opponent on which the pyramid is built. So since this first opponent never fought anyone then how do you determine their quality?

I noticed that you only quoted half his post, you conveniently left out the part that addresses the point you're trying to make here.

Like I said, you're just here to troll and this post just proved it.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 12:22 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
It's just a direct comparison.

Batman v Cap

Batman is a composite of the DCEU so he gets feats from Batman v Superman and Justice League and Suicide Squad. In all those movies, he only fought random goons in a warehouse, random parademons, and he used Kryptonite so he could bully Superman.

Cap on the other hand has fought elite military soldiers/agents from multiple organizations(SHIELD, HYDRA, Batroc and his mercs, Foreign forces like the French when he was with Bucky, etc...) He's fought Winter Soldier, Loki, another Cap, Quicksilver, Spider-Man, Ultron, Thanos, etc... And in all Cap's fights, he never looked bad. He was either overpowered by stronger opponents or used his own stats and skill to match his opponent or dominate the fight.

So based on Cap not only fighting way more people and a much more varied group, but also showing immense skill in all of his fights, the odds are highly in his favor. Bruce definitely showed skill, but he showed it against complete nobodies every single time. And his fight with Clark was a slobberknocker with him just demolishing him any way he could because Clark was poisoned and unable to fight back a majority of the time.

Cap is superhuman and significantly stronger than Batman, that helps. If Batman had Cap's strength and durability then he would do way better.

Why are those characters Cap fought very skilled? Because they appeared to look skilled in their fighting (visually skilled) or is it because of who they beat?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 12:25 AM
h1a8

I noticed that you only quoted half his post, you conveniently left out the part that addresses the point you're trying to make here.

Like I said, you're just here to troll and this post just proved it.

That part is irrelevant because of the word AND.
If he said OR then you would have a point.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 12:26 AM
Silent Master

That part is irrelevant because of the word AND.
If he said OR then you would have a point.

That part was very relevant to the argument you tried to make, stop being a troll.

He said "and" as in he uses both to determine skill. yet you only addressed half of his metric in your troll post.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 12:29 AM
Silent Master

Who here is surprised that h1 is questioning a Marvel characters skill, but not the skill of any DC character?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 12:30 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Who here is surprised that h1 is questioning a Marvel characters skill, but not the skill of any DC character?

Yeah, I mean Batman only ever fought random goons and a weakened, almost worthless Superman. But man those goons must've been amazing.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 12:56 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'm about as unsurprised about that as I am Frothbyte giving the Marvel character the win in every matchup. thumb up

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 02:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote