KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Foundation (Apple TV)

Foundation (Apple TV)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Foundation (Apple TV)

The Isaac Asimov series. I've never read the books, but I hear good things.

Greatly looking forward to this...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This looks like it's going to be epic AF...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 01:38 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

cast please

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 03:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Awesome news. Gonna go out and buy/read all the books now so I can be one of those people when the show comes out.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 6th, 2021 09:48 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Awesome news. Gonna go out and buy/read all the books now so I can be one of those people when the show comes out.

Don't be one of those people. Just watch and enjoy the show on its own merits. lol.

I've never read any of the books and certainly won't before I see the show. But maybe if I like the show enough I will.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2021 12:51 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very excited

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 06:59 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Little featurette of hype...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 07:52 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Two more days thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2021 10:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could all go to shit, but I'm digging it so far man!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2021 09:10 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm hoping to start this at some point, maybe this weekend.

I read that it's ideally to be spread out into like 8 seasons or something like that.

I hope it does that well, but it just doesn't seem likely... an obscure sci-fi story on a random streaming service that no one has. Do they? I don't really know how big AppleTV is, but I doubt it's like Amazon prime or Netflix something.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Sep 29th, 2021 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2021 11:17 PM
ares834

I wouldn't call the Foundation "obscure". Sure, it's nowhere near as book as something like Star Trek, but it's still one of the most popular and influential sci-fi book series of all time. It is a weird choice to adapt though. It certainly does not have mass appeal and Asimov has always been better know for his ideas presented in his books rather than his plots or characters.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2021 06:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

First one was very slow and a bit messy. Second did better at world and character building. Still taking this one ep at a time, not fully sold on it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 30th, 2021 05:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by ares834
I wouldn't call the Foundation "obscure". Sure, it's nowhere near as book as something like Star Trek, but it's still one of the most popular and influential sci-fi book series of all time. It is a weird choice to adapt though. It certainly does not have mass appeal and Asimov has always been better know for his ideas presented in his books rather than his plots or characters.

I would consider it obscure to the layperson. Even I, a pretty big fan of sci-fi, hadn't heard of it until maybe 5-8 years ago.

And the story sounds a bit intellectual and esoteric.. perhaps even moreso than Dune.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2021 08:00 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This show is marvellous. I hope people are seeing that.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 10:14 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

My friends and I are hoping to have a mid-season binge.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 10:27 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
My friends and I are hoping to have a mid-season binge.
episode 5 was the moment the show lived up to its potential.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 03:39 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Good to know.

I've been looking forward to seeing it and I even want to support it, but I don't have Apple TV and I'm tired of all these things requiring a subscription. I'm not signing up for another f#cking streaming service. I think my friend plans to start his trial around mid-season and we'll get together and watch.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 08:07 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good to know.

I've been looking forward to seeing it and I even want to support it, but I don't have Apple TV and I'm tired of all these things requiring a subscription. I'm not signing up for another f#cking streaming service. I think my friend plans to start his trial around mid-season and we'll get together and watch.
only one way for me to get it in Nigeria PL.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 08:30 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

If it's the way I think you're alluding to, I tried that way too, and I was having technical difficulties with it. Very weird technical difficulties.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 09:09 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it's the way I think you're alluding to, I tried that way too, and I was having technical difficulties with it. Very weird technical difficulties.
That is weird. Is your VPN O.K?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 06:10 PM