KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vadar

Who wins in an all out fight
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vadar Prime 3 18.75%
Luke Prime 13 81.25%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vadar
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Maul's was kinda dumb honestly in the way it played out.

Yeah, the clones missing from like ten feet away was ridiculous. Not only that but it was boring. There wasn't anything visually interesting about it. He didn't use the force in any interesting ways. He wasn't doing any cool movements. He was just walking and throwing a few things. The only interesting part was when the one clone got his arm severed by the door. I'm not sure why people love it so much. Maul has done plenty of far more badass things, including in that very episode.

Originally posted by Psychotron
Luke's is more badass because fought tougher opponents and it had better build up.

Yeah. The build up was great. Plus we finally got to see Luke as a Jedi Master go ham. It's something many of us have been waiting years for.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:08 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by ares834
Yeah, the clones missing from like ten feet away was ridiculous.

The same thing happens with Luke when he comes out of the elevator to square off against the last of the Dark Troopers. They miss him despite him standing right in front of them.

quote:
Not only that but it was boring. There wasn't anything visually interesting about it. He didn't use the force in any interesting ways. He wasn't doing any cool movements. He was just walking and throwing a few things. The only interesting part was when the one clone got his arm severed by the door. I'm not sure why people love it so much. Maul has done plenty of far more badass things, including in that very episode.

Whether you find it boring or exciting is entirely your prerogative, but your read on this is strange.

Maul wields the Force more uniquely in his battle with the clones than Vader does with the rebels or Luke with the clone troopers. He uses the Force to create makeshift shields, to pancake clones with wall panels, to bisect clones with wall panels, to bludgeon them with wall panels, to disarm them like Vader does with the rebels, to smash them to the ceiling like Vader does with the rebels, and then to amputate the clone's arm in the door.

There's a versatility of movement and action there that far exceeds anything from Vader or Luke.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 04:16 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by The_Tempest
The same thing happens with Luke when he comes out of the elevator to square off against the last of the Dark Troopers. They miss him despite him standing right in front of them.

Whether you find it boring or exciting is entirely your prerogative, but your read on this is strange.

Maul wields the Force more uniquely in his battle with the clones than Vader does with the rebels or Luke with the clone troopers. He uses the Force to create makeshift shields, to pancake clones with wall panels, to bisect clones with wall panels, to bludgeon them with wall panels, to disarm them like Vader does with the rebels, to smash them to the ceiling like Vader does with the rebels, and then to amputate the clone's arm in the door.

There's a versatility of movement and action there that far exceeds anything from Vader or Luke.

Those shields are useless when you see that there’s more than enough room between or below to shoot at Maul. Even if he moved to block that would have exposed him still anyway.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Those shields are useless when you see that there’s more than enough room between or below to shoot at Maul. Even if he moved to block that would have exposed him still anyway.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my point. I was simply challenging ares' claim that Maul didn't do anything cool or interesting with the Force, when he factually did more varied things with the Force than Luke or Vader.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 04:21 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I'm not sure what that has to do with my point. I was simply challenging ares' claim that Maul didn't do anything cool or interesting with the Force, when he factually did more varied things with the Force than Luke or Vader.

Ah well, eh fair enough I guess.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Id say Mauls was more bad ass given he was without a Saber.

Vaders was the first and on the big screen so probably the most epic.

Lukes was by far the most exciting though. Simply because this is the Luke all us fanboys have always wanted to see. The sequels f***ing Luke up probably helped tbh.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Id say Mauls was more bad ass given he was without a Saber.

Vaders was the first and on the big screen so probably the most epic.

Lukes was by far the most exciting though. Simply because this is the Luke all us fanboys have always wanted to see. The sequels f***ing Luke up probably helped tbh.

Don’t let it distract you from the fact Mr. Krabs sold Spongebob’s soul for 62 cents.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:05 PM
ares834

No? It's hard to tell, but they miss perhaps a single blaster shot before Luke beings deflecting and moving. Compare that to the dozens of shots the clones miss.

You're arguing against a strawman. I never said Vader or Luke were using the force in interesting or varied ways. The saber combat was what, at least for me, made those two scenes interesting with the Force thrown in for some added spice. Watching someone swinging a saber is just more interesting than throwing wall panels. Both were helped, particularly the Vader scene, by great music, direction, and build up.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 21st, 2020 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:16 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

No? It's hard to tell, but they miss perhaps a single blaster shot before Luke beings deflecting and moving. Compare that to the dozens of shots the clones miss.

No, Luke is moving forward the entire time and the Dark Troopers miss every shot that Luke doesn't deflect outright.

Let's not pretend this is anything other than standard Flynning/Hollywood choreography that's plagued Star Wars since the beginning. Take off your rose tinted glasses, my son.

You're arguing against a strawman. I never said Vader or Luke were using the force in interesting or varied ways. The saber combat was what, at least for me, made those two scenes interesting with the Force thrown in for some added spice. Watching someone swinging a saber is just more interesting than throwing wall panels. Both were helped, particularly the Vader scene, by great music, direction, and build up.

Good, as long as you acknowledge Maul used the Force in far more varied and dynamic ways than either Vader or Luke, the rest is a matter of preference.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:56 PM
ares834

No, Luke is moving forward the entire time and the Dark Troopers miss every shot that Luke doesn't deflect outright.

Let's not pretend this is anything other than standard Flynning/Hollywood choreography that's plagued Star Wars since the beginning. Take off your rose tinted glasses, my son.

There's absolutely no comparison. They're are maybe a handful of shot that missed Luke which he did not actively dodge. I certainly didn't notice it when watching it. While actively watching for it I notice them miss maybe half a dozen shots. And even then it's helped by the fact that Luke is swaying from side to side.

Compare that to this:

It's a night and day difference.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 06:34 PM
The_Tempest

There's absolutely no comparison. They're are maybe a handful of shot that missed Luke which he did not actively dodge. I certainly didn't notice it when watching it. While actively watching for it I notice them miss maybe half a dozen shots. And even then it's helped by the fact that Luke is swaying from side to side.

Compare that to this:

I noticed it the first time I watched it.

"Swaying side to side" lmfao.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:15 PM
ares834

Literally what's happening. If they shoot where he was before, they'd miss. It makes it seem as if he is dodging to some extent while cutting them down. It's enough for me.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:19 PM
The_Tempest

Literally what's happening. If they shoot where he was before, they'd miss. It makes it seem as if he is dodging to some extent while cutting them down. It's enough for me.

OK. Still looks like pretty bad shooting by the Dark Troopers to me.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:22 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Compare that to this:

Jfc. I actually forgot how horrendous the inaccuracy was there.

It's right up there with this:
(please log in to view the image)

And mind you, Ezra was hovering in a fixed position...I dunno...maybe 10 feet away from them:
(please log in to view the image)

Stevie Wonder would have better luck hitting a target than the Stormtroopers. Shit is straight up embarrassing.

...Unless you give Rex some blasters set to stun. He was dropping people left and right with those things, iirc.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 21st, 2020 at 07:33 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

It's all about "impact" for me.

Luke and Vader's scenes were awesome and left a hell of an impression on me.

Maul's showing was neat, but it didn't give me the same feels. But that could also be because Maul as a character was overused, so I didn't really give a shit what he was doing. Now Luke and Vader- those were scenes we have always wanted to see, and they delivered. big grin

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Worse in the fact that these are veteran Clone Troopers yes? So...yeah, no excuse for poor accuracy.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 21st, 2020 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 09:28 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

My god... Maul casually walks around the corner with his arms at his sides and they miss every f***ing shot lmao.

Not even remotely comparable. Maul's hallway scene is for sure the lamest.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Luke's scene felt just a tad bit too cheesy to me. Maybe it was the music, I just started to cringe a little as it dragged on, while Grogu reached out to touch the viewing screen in awe as if he was supposed to represent the fans.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Luke's is just a bit too hack and slash doesn't have the rhythm that Maul and Vaders has either and yeah felt a bit cheesy.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2020 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote