KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

this is nothing major really : but when obi busts Vaders breathing system etc I don’t get why he uses the saber hilt/base to bash it up where as he could have used the light saber on it instead etc
Not that Iam trying to downplay Obis force powers in ep 6 they didn’t seem to crash hot : like fair enough he force pushed Vader but obviously Vader wasn’t at his peak ie he was conflicted .. and also when Obi uses the rocks etc it doesn’t seem like that much of a big feat like for example Ahsokas force feat where she stopped mauls ship from escaping seemed more impressive And powerful , and also Mauls hyperdrive feat also seems more impressive as well ..

Old Post Jun 24th, 2022 09:41 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Vader wasn't conflicted any more than Obi-Wan was. Stop coping already.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2022 10:40 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
Vader wasn't conflicted any more than Obi-Wan was. Stop coping already.

Yeah fair enough I dig what you say ... I guess Obi sort of rose above it a bit more/or quicker at the end ie kind of respectd his points to upgrade his skills at the last moment while under the rocks if that makes sense …
sorry what did you mean by coping ?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2022 12:34 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Coping about Vader losing to Kenobi in such a clean and dominating fashion. We all agree that it shouldn't have happened, but it did.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2022 02:12 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Damn Obi-Wan ass raped him. I knew he had to win, but wasnt expecting an ass rape.

IIRC, in the leaks from the original scrips, Obi-Wan was going to connect with Qui-Gon during the second battle, which would allow him to achieve some kind of oneness state and defeat/escape Vader.

Seems like that was substituted with him [SPOILER - highlight to read]: picturing Leiainstead.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Dooku would f#cking rape Vader LOL.

Dooku would have a heart attack facing In The Zone Kenobi.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 25th, 2022 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2022 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

There was literally nothing wrong with Kenobi getting all up in Vader's butt cheeks and taking him to brown town.

This show was bad and the fight probably shouldn't have happened because it lessens the impact of their meeting in ANH (although Luke being exposed to the cruelty of the Empire before ANH and enemy force users in particular is way worse in this regard), but the fight itself is the best scene in the show.

"But it doesn't make sense! In current Disney canon Vader is supposed to have just kept getting stronger and stronger and been an unstoppable bada-" I don't care, that shit's retarded and you're just a Vader fanboy for liking it. If this goes against that portrayal of Vader it is in fact a point in its favor.

The only point I'm even slightly sympathetic to is that Obi's rapid improvement in such a short period of time feels unrealistic but given how reliant prowess in the Force and as a Jedi is on mindset and this is probably the most in the zone Obi has ever been save perhaps his duel with Anakin on Mustafar it wasn't that bad, especially if you believe Sidious and think that Vader's own abilities might have been compromised due to his own feelings. This also lines up nicely with Vader's line to Obi in ANH;"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master" (boy that line was a lot shittier than I remember it Lucas is a ****ing hack). It's also not even nearly the most egregious example, I'd consider Luke in like two years going from zero to being able to crush Vader more egregious than Obi-wan getting some of his old mojo back during the events of the series, considering he was able to defeat Anakin in Mustafar decisively and as said the idea that Vader is superior in a duel to his younger self was always gay and if you like that you're wrong. thumb down

Old Post Jun 25th, 2022 11:24 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Also cant wait for that Reva spin off thumb up

Seemed like a dumb rumour but after that finale its clear that was the plan.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2022 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I hope they do it.

Maybe she could even visit Yoda at Dagobah. Hell, have her meet Maul and Maul can stab her in the gut and leave her for dead.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 01:20 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Originally posted by ares834
I hope they do it.

Maybe she could even visit Yoda at Dagobah. Hell, have her meet Maul and Maul can stab her in the gut and leave her for dead.

Lol true .. it would also be good if they did a series with Vos and Ezra As well .

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 02:07 AM
Psychotron

Originally posted by NemeBro
There was literally nothing wrong with Kenobi getting all up in Vader's butt cheeks and taking him to brown town.

It makes hiding and waiting for the right time to train Luke and Leia absolutely pointless. Why bother when Obi-Wan can just stomp Vader himself? It makes no sense.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 07:27 AM
NemeBro

It makes hiding and waiting for the right time to train Luke and Leia absolutely pointless. Why bother when Obi-Wan can just stomp Vader himself? It makes no sense.
Yeah you're right I forgot Vader was the head of the Empire and defeating him would topple the whole thing, good point. thumb up

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 07:28 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ He has a point though. With Yoda these might be the two most powerful Jedi of the prequel era, yet theyre waiting to get old and for the twins to grow up before they do anything.

Anyway plot still works because they were waiting for the opportune moment to fight back (theres not even a proper Rebellion at this point). But Uber Obi-Wan does lessen the need for the Skywalker kids, except the fact that theyre younger, so can potentially take on the fight for the next generation. Plus theyre obviously still obsessed with someone fulfilling the prophecy.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 07:42 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I just managed to watch the finale now. I think that Obi Wan apologizing to Vader, the latter shedding a tear indicating that for a moment Anakin came out again, and then smiling as he proclaims that Anakin is dead, is one of the most emotional scenes in all of Star Wars

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 09:26 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

This show was bad and the fight probably shouldn't have happened because it lessens the impact of their meeting in ANH (although Luke being exposed to the cruelty of the Empire before ANH and enemy force users in particular is way worse in this regard), but the fight itself is the best scene in the show.

"But it doesn't make sense! In current Disney canon Vader is supposed to have just kept getting stronger and stronger and been an unstoppable bada-" I don't care, that shit's retarded and you're just a Vader fanboy for liking it. If this goes against that portrayal of Vader it is in fact a point in its favor.

The only point I'm even slightly sympathetic to is that Obi's rapid improvement in such a short period of time feels unrealistic but given how reliant prowess in the Force and as a Jedi is on mindset and this is probably the most in the zone Obi has ever been save perhaps his duel with Anakin on Mustafar it wasn't that bad, especially if you believe Sidious and think that Vader's own abilities might have been compromised due to his own feelings. This also lines up nicely with Vader's line to Obi in ANH;"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master" (boy that line was a lot shittier than I remember it Lucas is a ****ing hack). It's also not even nearly the most egregious example, I'd consider Luke in like two years going from zero to being able to crush Vader more egregious than Obi-wan getting some of his old mojo back during the events of the series, considering he was able to defeat Anakin in Mustafar decisively and as said the idea that Vader is superior in a duel to his younger self was always gay and if you like that you're wrong. thumb down

Bad surrounding story but in a vacuum, that fight might be my favorite live action one in all of star wars and i'd definitely place it ahead of the prequel duels. Mixed some of the sophisticated cheroegraphy and speed from the pt while actually having the combatants attack each other practically and has the blows visibly impact the combatants.

Also like the force users are actually using the force a bit instead of just spamming lightsaber stuff. Whatever you say about the show, the fights have been a treat

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 09:35 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yeah you're right I forgot Vader was the head of the Empire and defeating him would topple the whole thing, good point. thumb up

I mean from kenobi's perspective both in the show and as of anh, even if it doesn't topple the whole thing, vader is still a dangerous person who needs to be destroyed and he just...didn't do it even though hayden's line set him up to do it lol. Kenobi just leaving vader there doesn't really make sense.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 09:36 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Novels released prior to the show had Qui-Gon appearing as a bonafide Force ghost while Kenobi was on Tatooine, so that aspect of the show actually does align with canon, surprising as that sounds.

so they retconned that part of season 6? well okay. I guess it doesn't make a big difference though it sort of diminishes yoda who originally was the first jedi to successfully learn how to force ghost or whatever.

Also wierd then that qui-gon didn't show up in episode 6(in-universe obviously)

I wonder how many jedi are going to show up as force ghosts later on. I hope they don't over saturate it. I think it was supposed to be the ultimate achievment for a jedi symbolically so I'd prefer if they kept it rare or at the very least somethign that the new jedi order puts a lot of stuff into teaching.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 09:46 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Total Warrior
I just managed to watch the finale now. I think that Obi Wan apologizing to Vader, the latter shedding a tear indicating that for a moment Anakin came out again, and then smiling as he proclaims that Anakin is dead, is one of the most emotional scenes in all of Star Wars

yeah kenobi has some great acting for all the writing problems. Similae to the solo-ren scene actually

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 09:47 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Yeah that’s not what Palpatine meant at all. He literally says Vader’s feelings toward Obi Wan weakened him. And you can see how conflicted he was when the mask came off. Also when he let him go in the 3rd episode with the fire. He was conflicted the whole time.

That's probably the right answer. Ik people won't like to hear it, but I think kenobi sensing leia and luke was supposed to imply he got in a zone and vader was quite clearly potrayed as not being able to manage himself emotionally vs kenobi(this also happened in episode 5). That being said, it's still a very good feat for kenobi. Even if there's implicit conext involved in him beating hin, beating a supposedly anakin+force user is impressive regardless. Even if he hadn't come back from the pit and beat hi,, fighting vader so well would be very impressive

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 09:50 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior

Yeah that was great scene.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 10:13 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have zero issue with Kenobi beating Vader. I have no problem with Kenobi being powerful enough to do so either, or the power displayed in the episode. He's Anakin's boogeyman, and it was an opinion held by at least a few people (myself included) that he would only get more powerful after ROTS.

The problem, imo, is that the progression was laughable. Just like the rest of the show, and a lot of the content Disney puts out today in Star Wars or the MCU, it's a bunch of "moments" strung together that don't make a great story. Or one that even makes sense that much.

I was surprised though, how good the actual dialogue was between Anakin and Kenobi in that scene. Six episodes of shaky shite (bar a few exceptions) and then we get one of my favourite moments in Star Wars in ages. The choreography was weird though, I will say that. At moments they used movements and flourishes ripped straight from their previous fights, and in others they were swinging like they were in the sequels. It wasn't bad, imo, just... weird. And you can explain a lot of it away as being an emotional moment etc.

But yeah, it's Obi-Wan. His stock did rise, yes, but I can't say I'm surprised. And I don't think it lowers Vader's at all, because he's not fought anyone on this level before that had that extra element to it. And I don't think Lucas would have any issue with it either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 10:19 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote