KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 19 20 [21]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not sure that confirms anything about being conflicted tbh.

Why not? She says he’s still half Anakin. And combined with his eyes switching from blue to yellow, and Palpatine saying his feelings weakened him it seems pretty obvious that he was conflicted.

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Jun 27th, 2022 at 03:16 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 03:12 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Why not? She says he’s still half Anakin. And combined with his eyes switching from blue to yellow, and Palpatine saying his feelings weakened him it seems pretty obvious that he was conflicted.

Well firstly she says “you realise” which is from the audience perspective.

Second you cant take that And Palpatines words, because according to what youre quoting from her hes already fully Vader by the time we get to his dialogue with Sidious.

Third the word Conflict isnt stated.

FYI im not claiming he wasnt slightly conflicted or off balance against Kenobi. Palpatines dialogue did suggest that to me as well. But these comments from Chow doesnt prove much IMO.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

^^ Cool but whose source or info will you rely on mostly , like why not Chows etc? Reckon wait and see what Filoni or others says about it etc ?
How come your saying one cant take Sids words for it ? I thought since hes quite powerful himself he has good knowledge on things in general etc.. not sure how true this is but some say he was kind of psychic could sort of read minds etc..

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 11:10 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That's twice now Obi's personal feelings for the boy/man he knew, stopped him from killing Vader, think of all the lives Vader's taken since ep3...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 28th, 2022 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Tbf he thought he killed him in ROTS.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2022 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

So Deborah Chow pretty much confirmed that Vader was conflicted:

"Actually, if we were going to use the Vader theme, I don't think we should use it until episode six, because he's still half Anakin, half Vader at this point. When his mask cracks open at the end, and he says 'You didn't kill Anakin Skywalker. I did,' you realize now he's Vader, now he's earned his 'Imperial March'. Now when you hear it, it's so powerful.”

Deborah Chow is stupid then, because I'm pretty sure when Anakin got Sith eyes, committed genocide, and choked his wife into the Big Sad, he was more Vader than not.

Originally posted by Robtard
That's twice now Obi's personal feelings for the boy/man he knew, stopped him from killing Vader, think of all the lives Vader's taken since ep3...

Well, the status quo prevents any meaningful conclusion to their fights, which is why they should have just avoided them entirely.

But by letting Vader live, without even the same pretense as ROTS (where he looked dead anyways), that makes Kenobi complicit in all the wrongdoings Vader does later. One of the greatest sins against evil is inaction, but this show is all about making Kenobi dumber than Jar Jar.

Anakin had yellow Sith eyes in ROTS. Did I miss something?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2022 02:56 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Meh. I don't really have any interest in this show. Pretty bored with most of Star Wars at this point.

Give me a Mace Windu show with Samuel L. Jackson, though and I might actually care about Star Wars again.

"I'm tired of these mother******* Sith on this mother******* Millennium Falcon!"

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2022 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

"Actually, if we were going to use the Vader theme, I don't think we should use it until episode six, because he's still half Anakin, half Vader at this point. When his mask cracks open at the end, and he says 'You didn't kill Anakin Skywalker. I did,' you realize now he's Vader, now he's earned his 'Imperial March'. Now when you hear it, it's so powerful.”

Pretty much confirms what we suspected

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Smh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 09:17 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That quote is way too vague.

Palpatine's dialogue to Vader at the end is still the best indication that Vader wasn't 100% against Kenobi.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 11:25 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah Sidious just tells us that pretty clearly so it's not like you need more interviews to confirm that

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 11:48 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Yeah Sidious just tells us that pretty clearly so it's not like you need more interviews to confirm that

Sidious is no authority on the subject.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2022 11:39 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Just found this too:

“This is, in a lot of ways, is Vader in his prime. But he’s a very complex character, and there’s an inherent struggle of identity that is always present – there’s inner conflict” -Hayden Christensen

Old Post Jul 12th, 2022 04:45 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Thats a contradiction. Vader in his Prime but with inner conflict (which implies hes not at his best). If hes not at his best then hes not in his Prime methinks.

Originally posted by Psychotron
Sidious is no authority on the subject.

Why do you say that ? I would think he knows Vader pretty well.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2022 12:44 PM
ozz81

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Thats a contradiction. Vader in his Prime but with inner conflict (which implies hes not at his best). If hes not at his best then hes not in his Prime methinks.

Why do you say that ? I would think he knows Vader pretty well.

yes so true that i agree. Plus i think Sids is quite powerful and wise himself and knows who can be a threat to him etc .. like for example if Obi was more powerful then prime vader then Sids will see Obi as a threat and will try to capture him and bring him to the dark side like he did with Luke skywalker: and he even sensed he was more powerful then vader or strong in the force etc. With Obi he didnt seem to bother or care and didnt see him as a threat.. Like in the past who ever Sids saw as a threat he would try to hunt and track them down ie Maul and savage, and Mother Talzin etc...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2022 11:32 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Yeah I don't think Obi-Wan was stronger or more powerful than Vader. I think Obi-Wan had a clear mind and a purpose greater than himself, which allowed him to be a more effective conduit of the force in that moment. I guess you could say he was "amped". Vader on the other hand was unbalanced; he had nothing but blind hatred and revenge stemming from the Anakin persona buried within. Palpatine even points out that these feelings weakened him.

Last edited by Rebel95 on Dec 1st, 2022 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2022 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gotta love the excuses for Ani here.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 08:17 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 01:26 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-

I always enjoyed the little back massage as Yoda says, "clear your mind of questions". laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 7th, 2022 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

“Parents, The Bad Batch!”

The ****?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2022 06:16 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote