KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

And here's the little teaser trailer that was released on Disney+:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D62UfAOklCc

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2021 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

So judging by that concept art along with Ewan's comment in the trailer ("we'll have another swing at each other, it might be quite satisfying for everybody....") it definitely sounds like Kenobi and Vader are going to fight in this. Not sure how I feel about that, but still possible that it might not be a physical battle I suppose.

Also looks like live action Inquisitors will definitely be introduced also.

Definitely looking forward to it. big grin

Old Post Nov 14th, 2021 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
So judging by that concept art along with Ewan's comment in the trailer ("we'll have another swing at each other, it might be quite satisfying for everybody....") it definitely sounds like Kenobi and Vader are going to fight in this.

To be fair even though canon junkies like us will get irritated by this, your average fan or casual viewer might get annoyed if this didnt happen.

I just hope they keep the power level as Vader > Kenobi.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2021 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Who the hell cares what the ignorant think? Keep shit consistent.

But considering how Disney has treated SW so far, I've no clue we will get some shitty fight. Who cares about story telling when it gets in the way of money am i rite?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2021 08:11 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No doubt... No doubt. Not no clue. I need to go back to sleep.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2021 09:45 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
Who the hell cares what the ignorant think? Keep shit consistent.

I dont. But Disney will, which was my point.

Personally I dont even think there was a need for an Obi-Wan show.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2021 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Sheev
but still possible that it might not be a physical battle I suppose.

You know, as much as I doubt it, I guess it is possible. I just thought of that TCW S6 finale trailer when we saw Yoda fight Sidious.

And would also explain how Hayden is playing Vader.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 11:53 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Don't worry, they can still keep it consistent. If i recall correctly, Vader said something like "Last time you were the master and i was the learner.. now I am the master". They ccan still easily make it look like Obi Wan is still wiser and more balanced than Vader in this series, thus making that statement still true

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Don't worry, they can still keep it consistent. If i recall correctly, Vader said something like "Last time you were the master and i was the learner.. now I am the master". They ccan still easily make it look like Obi Wan is still wiser and more balanced than Vader in this series, thus making that statement still true

That wasn't the Last Time they met. It was "When I left you" IIRC

Anyway it wouldn't be an outright contradiction to anything. It's not like anyone ever stated the last time they met was on Mustafa. It's just not a wise path to go down, and takes away from the ANH line of "A presence I haven't felt since...." (walks away)

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 16th, 2021 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 03:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You sure?

I thought it was set lore that at their battle in ANH, that was the first time they've seen each other since Mustafar, or 19-20ish years.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It is. Here is Vader's full quote BTW:

"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

There is no twisting this to suggest they fought since their duel at Mustafar. Vader's "the circle is now complete" pretty clearly shows that this is they first time they've met since Vader "left" Obi-wan.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2021 03:06 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
You sure?

I thought it was set lore that at their battle in ANH, that was the first time they've seen each other since Mustafar, or 19-20ish years.

Thats probably been mentioned in source books a few times, but those usually gets ignored.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2021 07:22 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

And here's the little teaser trailer that was released on Disney+:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D62UfAOklCc

Darth Thor will shit himself when he sees Obi assraping Vader again.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 02:57 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Darth Thor will shit himself when he sees Obi assraping Vader again.

Will probably be a stalemate, but even that's annoying.

But the line "The circle is now complete.... Now I am The Master" doesn't really leave much room for Vader to have ever ass raped Obi-Wan before

F*** Obi-Wan.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 12:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Robtard
You sure?

Aside from Vader's statement in the film itself(which is relatively cut and dry, imo), a few guidebooks and novelizations have also stated, quite explicitly, that Kenobi and Vader fought exactly two times: during RotS, and during ANH.

So if Disney gave a shit about adhering to their own canon, then there wouldn't be a proper battle between them in this series -- it would be some sort of 'meta' sequence, wherein they fight one another through the Force or somesuch.

This type of 'battle' has already happened in canon, so Disney *could* do it that way... Though I have my doubts that they *will* do it that way.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 02:36 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Anakin's line in RotS always came off like more of an arrogant/boastful claim, imo(like AotC Anakin telling Kenobi that he already rivaled Yoda in sabers.) Whereas Vader's line in ANH always seemed like a statement of fact:

"We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

This series is set a decade after RotS... So if they do engage in an actual battle, then it renders the above dialogue completely nonsensical.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 05:50 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
(please log in to view the image)
Technically the last time they fought it was in Dark Disciple, a few months/weeks before Rots

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh be one Ken-no-be.

What a stupid name.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
Anakin's line in RotS always came off like more of an arrogant/boastful claim, imo(like AotC Anakin telling Kenobi that he already rivaled Yoda in sabers.) Whereas Vader's line in ANH always seemed like a statement of fact:

"We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

This series is set a decade after RotS... So if they do engage in an actual battle, then it renders the above dialogue completely nonsensical.

Anakins line in ROTS does end up being nonesense. Initially it clearly was referring to their AOTC encounter.

And there are other contradictions the prequels brought to the table.

But Vaders line is just such a classic one, would really seem wrong to screw that one up.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 10:22 AM