KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

^ Yeah probably 5years after ROTS would have been more appropriate. 10 years is pushing it a bit.

Although fun fact, Ewan is 50, and Sir Alex was like 58 when he played Old Ben.

But clearly Ewan aged better. And the difference in their looks becomes more glaring the closer in time the two incarnations get.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2022 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Ya Kenobi aged REALLY hard in those last 9 years.

I've heard some decent theories about that though. Like after this series he will begin to use the force on a large scale to constantly conceal he and Luke's location from Vader, which would obviously account for why he looked so decrepit (comparatively) in ANH.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2022 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Report that Maul was originally involved, but written out (the show went through numerous rewrites even after it was announced):

https://www.ign.com/articles/darth-...om-obi-wan-show

I'm guessing it would have been Maul as a secondary villain instead of Inquisitors.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2022 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Ya Kenobi aged REALLY hard in those last 9 years.

I've heard some decent theories about that though. Like after this series he will begin to use the force on a large scale to constantly conceal he and Luke's location from Vader, which would obviously account for why he looked so decrepit (comparatively) in ANH.

It’s due to the suns, they make your skin age faster

Old Post Mar 15th, 2022 01:20 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think Kenobi will be ruined in this series at all. I actually think that Ewan will do a great job fleshing out the character even more.

That said, there are definitely still elements to this series that I'm not thrilled about, to say the least.
Like how the rebels stole the plans because it was in the opening crawl of A New Hope?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2022 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Due to scheduling conflicts with the Ms. Marvel series, it sounds like the release date for this is being bumped to Friday, May 27th.

Evidently the first two episodes will initially drop on the 27th, and the remaining episodes will be individually released each Wednesday afterward.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 1st, 2022 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2022 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Good means I can watch the first 2 episodes together on a Friday without spoilers.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2022 06:32 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Interesting. So that means the first 3 episodes will drop in under a week, and the entire series will conclude in under a month. Not mad about that.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2022 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 7th, 2022 04:18 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

All streaming services should stop being massive assclowns and do what Netflix does, release the whole season at once and let people watch as they wish.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 19th, 2022 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
All streaming services should stop being massive assclowns and do what Netflix does, release the whole season at once and let people watch as they wish.

Yeah especially for something like Star Wars. Could binge ASAP and avoid spoilers. Just stay away from the net until you get those free few hours.

From a marketing perspective though they like to drag out the hype by releasing weekly. Keep people talking about it for weeks.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2022 11:06 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

playa1258 is online now!

Quan will cut himself after Vader feats in this series.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2022 10:00 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New Trailer:

Looks like there's gonna be a lot of fakeouts unless they actually plan to retcon ANH.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 4th, 2022 02:18 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by playa1258
Quan will cut himself after Vader feats in this series.

You should be cutting yourself for allowing him to live rent-free in your head.

He hasn't even come online since 2020.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:29 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So anyone still believe Obi-Wan isnt going to have an actual physical rematch with Vader?

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You should be cutting yourself for allowing him to live rent-free in your head.

He hasn't even come online since 2020.

Yeah he left after finding every excuse in the book not to debate me on DCEU Kal vs MCU Thanos.

Old Post May 7th, 2022 05:34 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

playa1258 is online now!

Vader and Kenobi are without question fighting. I think Kenobi will escape with some form of trickery.

Old Post May 7th, 2022 05:06 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Vader and Kenobi are without question fighting. I think Kenobi will escape with some form of trickery.

Actually Kenobi needs to win for the ANH dialogue to make any kind of sense.

"The circle is NOW complete. When I left you I was but the learner, NOW I Am The Master."

Also "Your Powers are weak old man."

Old Post May 7th, 2022 06:07 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

playa1258 is online now!

We will see. Not sure if Disney even cares about that.

Old Post May 7th, 2022 06:11 PM
Darth Thor

We will see. Not sure if Disney even cares about that.

True

Old Post May 7th, 2022 08:26 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm worried that Favreau and Filoni weren't involved in this show...

Old Post May 8th, 2022 02:55 PM