KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Worst Game of 2020

Worst Game of 2020
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Fast & Furious Crossroads 0 0%
Resident Evil 3 Remake 3 23.08%
Warcraft III: Reforged 1 7.69%
WWE 2K Battlegrounds 0 0%
Cyberpunk 2077 3 23.08%
Genshin Impact 0 0%
Marvel's Avengers 0 0%
The Last of Us Part 2 3 23.08%
FIFA 21 1 7.69%
Other 2 15.38%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Worst Game of 2020
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Projected worse game for 2021:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

By virtue of being Smash. The party game gamers (Including the faceless corporations and clueless nerds who run Evo) think is a competitive fighting game, and has mechanics so frustrating single player is a slog.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 02:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Disliked what they did with Nemesis too, Should've been more like Mr X.

For me, I think that would have raised issues because Nemesis was faster, stronger and able to hurt you from range in a way Mr. X never could. I don't know how they would have balanced that out tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 11:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
For me, I think that would have raised issues because Nemesis was faster, stronger and able to hurt you from range in a way Mr. X never could. I don't know how they would have balanced that out tbh.

Well all they did was swap them around from how they were originally in the older games.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 12:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

All the complaining from players about how OP Mr X was in the RE2make may have led to them toning down the general difficulty with Nemesis in the next game. The experience with Mr X was supposed to be buildup for Nemesis, not the other way around.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 01:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Bunch of weak ass gamers these days.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 02:52 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Marauder of Doom Eternal also proved this.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 04:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

This is why the last great Ninja Gaiden was II on the 360. Razor nerfed the legendary difficulty into oblivion, and the Sigma's fundamentally toned things down in a bad way.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 05:12 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's even a easy mode mod for Sekiro for PC erm

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 05:16 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well all they did was swap them around from how they were originally in the older games.

Bascially, yeah. Sad too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 06:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I give everything a chance in a game I have despite skepticism, but Resistance which only felt good on paper really should have just been Mercenaries; especially jarring when they brought back Tofu mode in the RE2make, but couldn't do the same for Mercs which debuted in RE3. Give the Mercenaries community a bone again, ffs.

Yeah, that was mostly my problem with the mode.

I just kept wishing for Mercenaries mode. It feels like such staple at this point, it's a shame not to include it. I love that RE is willing to experiment, but I'd like to see them play with the framework already set by Mercenaries/Raid. Don't discard it completely. Heck, I only let RE7 off the hook for not having Mercs due to how great all the other DLC was. Nightmare at least somewhat scratches the Mercs itch too.

There is some fun to be had in Resistance, but it felt like a halfway point between Mercs and Outbreak, while being worse than both. The asymmetric horror thing is being done better with Dead by Daylight and Identity V anyway.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 1st, 2021 at 04:23 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2021 04:20 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, as much love as I have to RE3R and the original, it was definitely the most disappointing game this year. Too little content and the inclusion of Resistance was gimmicky at best.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2021 05:17 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Probably gonna pick up the RE2 remake soon, disappointed to hear the remake of RE3 isn't as good but I preferred Code: Veronica to RE3 anyway so here's hoping they do a better job with that if they decide to do a remake.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 1st, 2021 05:19 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It's worth to get it on discount though. Think of it as dlc for RE2 lol

Old Post Jan 1st, 2021 06:15 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I enjoyed RE3 Remake. I never played the original but I still had fun. It is short and I would be unhappy if I paid full price...but I got it on on 50% plus sale (forget what the actually percentage was).

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 01:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, as much love as I have to RE3R and the original, it was definitely the most disappointing game this year. Too little content and the inclusion of Resistance was gimmicky at best.

Yeah, disappointing is a good word, as Pr also said. I also enjoyed R3make a lot. While it did cut content, the things it does do are generally executed well. It was a positive experience overall, and I've played through multiple times.
Originally posted by samhain
Probably gonna pick up the RE2 remake soon, disappointed to hear the remake of RE3 isn't as good but I preferred Code: Veronica to RE3 anyway so here's hoping they do a better job with that if they decide to do a remake.

Both are actually on sale for 60%-70% off on a couple of platforms right now, including the deluxe edition(highly recommended). Perfect time to jump on them. Don't misunderstand us, R3make is still a good game, especially at such a discount.
Originally posted by Smasandian
I enjoyed RE3 Remake. I never played the original but I still had fun. It is short and I would be unhappy if I paid full price...but I got it on on 50% plus sale (forget what the actually percentage was).

thumb up

I also got it on sale, and felt pretty good about the purchase afterwards. Played the originals too though, and history repeats itself basically.

Even back then, RE3 was considered good but slightly worse than RE2. Nemesis was memorable as an enemy, but the game was a bit overshadowed by RE2 just like with the remakes.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 2nd, 2021 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 03:08 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

In reality, even RE2 remake is still short and it was also at full price.

I think what Capcom should of done is combine both games together as one complete package. Interweave both stories into a new single player experience....

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 02:50 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Hmm...I'm not sure I agree about RE2make. With the four main campaign scenarios, completely free dlc/extra stories/modes, and unlockables, it at least feels justifiable. It definitely expands on the original.

With R3make, there's just stuff missing completely, with Resistance being tasked with filling in the gap. Might even have worked if anyone actually wanted Resistance lol. And I guess the unlockable goodies for us RE nerds who will replay.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 2nd, 2021 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 03:57 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Also RE2R is only short when you learn the in and outs of both scenarios and are capable of making speedy playthroughs. But then you have the unlockables being attached to rankings and difficulties, 4th Survivor, tofu mode with various tofus to unlock and the Raccoon City stories or whatever they were called as free dlc.

RE3R on the other hand is very, very linear without too much to explore in the first few playthroughs.

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Jan 2nd, 2021 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 04:16 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

RE2 is not as short as the RE3 Remake. At least it offers replay value giving you the perspectives of both Leon & Claire with different cutscenes, weapons, character interactions and some alternate pathways. Comparing these remakes is...NO!

RE2 has more going for it carrying most of the original over, an actual love letter to it's fans. It's devs went through the effort spending more time, hiring people behind RE fan projects to help, talking with Shinji Mikami asking for his opinions, etc.. I'm not even sure if these guys who made RE3 Remake even played the original version and only skimmed through it like crazy fast resulting in this quarter cooked abomination.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 08:02 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

My issue isn't as much with the length, as it is with how much content wasn't in RE3 that was in the original. Sure, 2 changed some stuff, but it still had most of the major areas and beats represented at least somewhat substantially.

RE3 didn't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 10th, 2021 03:13 AM