KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Why did Zack Snyder choose to ruin Jonathan Kent?

Why did Zack Snyder choose to ruin Jonathan Kent?
Started by: Slowpoke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Snyder from the start wanted to portray the world as being more realistic than the one in the comics. imo, there are few things more realistic than a parent being loyal to their child above all else.

That's just being Human.

Sounds like, again, the problem is people confusing their anger at the idea rather than the execution.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 09:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
more realistic than the one in the comics

"Hey bro, our mothers have the same name."

"Oh f*ck yeah, let's go to my place."

... realistic?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 11:10 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

At least Jonathan Kent is not an unrepentant rapist

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 11:21 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

... realistic?

I didn't say it was good.

You more than anyone know how bad comic dialogue/writing can be.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 05:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

... realistic?

I actually didnt have an issue with that bit. Batman never exactly handled his parents demise like a normal person.

My issue with that whole thing is Batman was literally going to murder Superman. And for what?

If Batman is out to murder there better be a damn good reason.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 09:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Batman is a weapon obsessed, fanatical maniac who thinks he is above the law. I don't see how it is surprising at all he kills someone randomly whenever his imaginary moral compass feels like it

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 09:21 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I didn't say it was good.

You more than anyone know how bad comic dialogue/writing can be.

You know what my problem with Snyder is?

Not Kents, not even that "Martha" scene... it's that the man is perfectly capable of adapting the comic source material and almost not changing anything (300 is the perfect example of that).

Yet in DCEU, he has given us horrible abominations such as Eisenlex and Ezraflash.

You could blame the actors and the script, sure, but as the director, he should've had something to say about it, no?

--
Then there's the CGI problem. If Warner doesn't have the money to hire good designers and give them the tools they need... then there was absolutely no need to make Steppenwolf a CGI beast (especially since he has a very human appearance in the books) and don't get me started on Teenage Mutant Ninja Cave Troll Doomsday, who should've had his own arc instead of getting shoehorned at the end.

They wanted to rush things in order to catch up with MCU. The results are more than disastrous.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 09:45 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You know what my problem with Snyder is?

Not Kents, not even that "Martha" scene... it's that the man is perfectly capable of adapting the comic source material and almost not changing anything (300 is the perfect example of that).

Yet in DCEU, he has given us horrible abominations such as Eisenlex and Ezraflash.

You could blame the actors and the script, sure, but as the director, he should've had something to say about it, no?

--
Then there's the CGI problem. If Warner doesn't have the money to hire good designers and give them the tools they need... then there was absolutely no need to make Steppenwolf a CGI beast (especially since he has a very human appearance in the books) and don't get me started on Teenage Mutant Ninja Cave Troll Doomsday, who should've had his own arc instead of getting shoehorned at the end.

They wanted to rush things in order to catch up with MCU. The results are more than disastrous.

He'd not a good storyteller. If they had told him "Adapt Last Son of Krypton" or "Adapt Death of Superman", then he would have done fine, because the story would have been written for him already. But ask him to come up with something himself, and we get shit like... well, the movies he directed for DC.

I feel like Snyder is at fault for the CGI too. As in, he approved the art department's shit.

I will give him some leeway with Doomsday (though only a little). iirc the one we saw in SvB was supposed to be the larval form, and would eventually become the one from the comics. Terrible design, sure, but I can see where he was going at least.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 12:10 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It's BvS, not SvB.

Stop fantasizing about Clark being on top, okay? stick out tongue

And Doomsday already went through some changes in the film and still looked like shit, so that's no excuse.

As in, he approved the art department's shit.

Same with him approving the script, yes.

He wasn't always involved in the writing process.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 02:02 PM
Darth Thor

Everyone knows that. Pr was complaining about that long before watching BvS.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 02:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Everyone knows that.

Sadly, not everyone. Just the sane members of this forum.

Try convincing the likes of Golgo, Playa, Fly or some other fanatics/snyderbots.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 03:09 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Or the dc fanboys who are hiding in the comic book versus forum shifty

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 03:10 PM
Darth Thor

Or the dc fanboys who are hiding in the comic book versus forum shifty

Yeah unfortunately I have dealt with abhi in the past. A past best forgotten.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 03:21 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's BvS, not SvB.

Stop fantasizing about Clark being on top, okay? stick out tongue

And Doomsday already went through some changes in the film and still looked like shit, so that's no excuse.

Same with him approving the script, yes.

He wasn't always involved in the writing process.

It's not fantasy, it's reality!

Some changes. Not all the changes he was supposed to. He just should have started off better is all.

The dialogue? No, but the entire "idea" around the film was his. He wanted the character to be that version of the characters. He wanted to do things his way. Pesky things like dialogue and plot don't get in the way of him making cool shit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 03:05 AM