KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Seraph

Seraph
Started by: patman69za

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
patman69za

Seraph

When Neo enters the tea house Seraph appears glowing and different from everything around him and obviously to anything Neo has seen before. Why is this? Is Seraph part of some order? He also matches Neo in every fighting move as well as testing him he decides that Neo is the One. Is that to say Seraph has tested the One before?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 10:04 PM
patman69za is currently offline Click here to Send patman69za a Private Message Find more posts by patman69za Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trancylife

He is a program, probably superior in fighting skills, better than the agents. So by fighting neo he maybe tests how fast neo moves as opposed to agents and just ordinary humans, remember you fight him in the game also. maybe this helps??

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 07:47 AM
trancylife is currently offline Click here to Send trancylife a Private Message Find more posts by trancylife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

From what I can tell from the video game and the film is that he is a program that matchs the skills of the opponent. He never seems to be any stronger than anyone who he fights which would seem to suggest this. What I would like to know is why neo didn't have to fight seraph in the first film to see the oracle and why does she need to have him guarding her now?

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 01:05 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

All of the programs we’ve encountered this far in the movies, have their own special purposes. It seems some sample emotions, languages, investigate the human psyche etc. etc.
The oracle made a choice sometime between M1 and M2, that’s made it necessary for her to be protected. She even says as much in Enter the Matrix when she talks to Niobe. The choice to help Neo. That’s why she needs protection and is hiding out here and there.
Who Seraph is, though, is a good question. A fighting program, or a test-program doesn’t explain a) why he glows in the Matrix, and b) how he can call outside the Matrix to the Logos.
He IS an A.I. though. Just as Persephone uses a kiss for identification and learning, Serpah uses a fight to identify and learn. Maybe he’s the digital self of a former One?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 02:15 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote