KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Saw this online, will someone refute it?

Saw this online, will someone refute it?
Started by: Neon1234

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
I meant will not desire.

The Bible states that everyone gets a choice before death. In fact, God doesn't let you die until He is done with His plan for your life.

If His will is done with one, they will die. He does punish all those that murder. Due to God being omniscient, His choice in not saving one of murder is beyond our understanding. You are trying to logically take on the one that created logic in the first place. laughing out loud

If I had the knoweldge that a child was being hurt, and I had the power to stop it, I would. Your god would just watch, and let it happen. That is why I am more moral than your god.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 12:51 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Holy shit, I'm agreeing with Adam.

Joim KMC on Discord, it's a fun, laid back place to chat with people.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:04 AM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Neon1234
Why doesn't God have the will to prevent evil if he's "good?"
Why do parents punish the children for acting naughty? It is a similar aspect, roughly at the least.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:16 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do parents punish the children for acting naughty? It is a similar aspect, roughly at the least.

I don't understand your retort.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:18 AM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
If I had the knoweldge that a child was being hurt, and I had the power to stop it, I would. Your god would just watch, and let it happen. That is why I am more moral than your god.
Yet you stand by the concept of abortion, in which 3,000 babies are murdered brutally every day. Not only do you stand by this idea, but support it.

If God prevented all evil from happening, cause and effect would have no meaning. In other words, it is man's fault for all evil that occurs in this world, and not the Lord's.

Without evil, people wouldn't choose between God and their own earthly interests.

If you saved that child from death, then it was God's will for that child to live on. If not, there are other reasons that no man can understand. Assuming that God does exist (in your case), questioning the reasons behind His actions is pointless if He is omniscient.

I know that you have gone through struggle, but defeating the idea of God will not fill that empty hole that the earth ever so fails to fill. I do hope you have the courage to become a Christian one day. smile

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:36 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I don't understand your retort.
Mankind are the cause to evil, and our punishment is the consequences of it in other words.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:38 AM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mankind are the cause to evil, and our punishment is the consequences of it in other words.

What does that have to do with the op?

Why doesn't God stop evil when he's "all good?"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:45 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

What does that have to do with the op?

Why doesn't God stop evil when he's "all good?"
Because God gave us freedom. We are the cause of evil. If God just stopped all evil, we wouldn't have freedom to pick and choose whatever we wanted to do.

If God restricted all evil, then none of us would ever pick to never follow him. Therefore, by giving us free choice, evil is created from the wrong choices.

God punishes all evil acts both on and off this planet.

It takes balls to be a Christian because you have to have faith in something that you will never know all the answers to. But I know enough. Even if there was a chance that God is not real, I would still take that chance. Because, assuming that He is, I would be going to Hell for not accepting him. This topic of "Why doesn't God stop all evil" happens to be one of, if not the biggest, wall to faith for people who are legitimately interested in Christianity.

I don't want you or anyone else to end up in such a horrible place. It is something that you should really consider looking into. I am always happy to respond to any questions concerning the Lord. big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 02:13 AM
Adam_PoE

If God prevented all evil from happening, cause and effect would have no meaning.

Bullshit. If someone chose evil, and god intervened, it does not negate that choice, it just prevents harm.

In other words, it is man's fault for all evil that occurs in this world, and not the Lord's.

There is no such thing as an innocent bystandar. If you have the power to intercede, and stand by and do nothing, then you are not innocent, you are complicit.

Without evil, people wouldn't choose between God and their own earthly interests.

Get this everybody, victreebelvictr is seriously arguing that god allows children to be molested, so they will believe in him.

If you saved that child from death, then it was God's will for that child to live on. If not, there are other reasons that no man can understand. Assuming that God does exist (in your case), questioning the reasons behind His actions is pointless if He is omniscient.

Then by your reasoning, this is totally cool:

Yet you stand by the concept of abortion, in which 3,000 babies are murdered brutally every day. Not only do you stand by this idea, but support it.

I know that you have gone through struggle, but defeating the idea of God will not fill that empty hole that the earth ever so fails to fill. I do hope you have the courage to become a Christian one day.

I am perfectly satisfied with my life, thanks. I am not gullible enough to be a Christian.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:17 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Alright, well I am happy that you are happy with your child murdering life style. thumb up

Last edited by victreebelvictr on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 06:26 PM
truejedi

Following a God who isn't good... Now that's a scary thing. I spent thirty years in church and Christian schools, and they never explained the OP well. It wasn't till I got old enough to realize it wasn't that I couldn't understand, it was that they didn't know that I walked away and won't go back...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 07:50 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
Following a God who isn't good... Now that's a scary thing. I spent thirty years in church and Christian schools, and they never explained the OP well. It wasn't till I got old enough to realize it wasn't that I couldn't understand, it was that they didn't know that I walked away and won't go back...
My Catholic upbringing collapsed the same way.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 07:53 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright, well I am happy that you are happy with your child murdering life style. thumb up
Each to me we make a child we have to start all over again with a different brain instead of evolving our partners.

The whole need of children is to extend the strain but one day the sun will explode, what then mister Christian? I've thought about things that would truly drive you down.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 07:54 PM
Downstairsconve is currently offline Click here to Send Downstairsconve a Private Message Find more posts by Downstairsconve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to say I haven't demonstrated that I'm contemplating the tests I may face if I chose to put forth extra effort.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 07:59 PM
Downstairsconve is currently offline Click here to Send Downstairsconve a Private Message Find more posts by Downstairsconve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

Better to be capable of violence and choose to avoid it than be castrated by the Church

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 08:01 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which. leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Matthew 7:14

Very few people in this world will truly find Jesus sadly. I hope all of you one day change your minds. big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:24 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Here is a site that answers a lot of the questions asked on this thread. If, somehow, the link is broken, try copy and pasting it into the search engine.

https://www.gotquestions.org/is-God-evil.html

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:34 PM
Adam_PoE

God is militantly pro-abortion:

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 02:01 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
God is militantly pro-abortion:

1. You haven't responded to the fact that you also support child murder, so if you think God is all evil, you are just as bad. thumb up

2. The amount of inaccuracy in that video is astonishing. Maybe read that link I posted. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 02:23 AM
Adam_PoE

1. You haven't responded to the fact that you also support child murder, so if you think God is all evil, you are just as bad. thumb up

2. The amount of inaccuracy in that video is astonishing. Maybe read that link I posted. roll eyes (sarcastic)

1. It is you who cited my support for reproductive choice as a judgment. I just pointed out that if you have a problem with it, then you have a problem with your god.

2. It is so inaccurate, but I am not seeing any specific objections.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 02:29 AM