KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Snoke vs. Count Dooku

Snoke vs. Count Dooku
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
His genetic material being used in some capacity doesn't undo the fact that the genetic components were obviously mutated to a very high degree, because the cloners were "trying ANYTHING" (to the point where they created "unnatural ABOMINATIONS") to make a body for Sidious. And that's the point- maybe Snoke was just too far gone genetically to be used as a vessel.

Rey was the offspring of an otherwise perfect clone- Sidious's son. So she was born with those perfect genetic markers in place. Snoke was not.
Yeah I agree with the concept. It does make sense to me and is not contradicted by the material itself.

So I think it is a logical conclusion. But I still think Snoke couldn't be used because ROS Sidious was more powerful then he was in ROTJ. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 02:12 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

And that's fine.

I'm not saying that the genetics option is the only option. Just saying that it IS an option. Because of the lack of info it comes down to how you choose interpret the material we have been given.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Fair enough. thumb up

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 02:21 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
But I still think Snoke couldn't be used because ROS Sidious was more powerful then he was in ROTJ. stick out tongue

If Snoke was as powerful as ROTJ Palpatine, then hed be just as good a vessel as Rey, if not better given his power would be actualised, wheras with Rey its mostly just potential.

His genetic material being used in some capacity doesn't undo the fact that the genetic components were obviously mutated to a very high degree, because the cloners were "trying ANYTHING" (to the point where they created "unnatural ABOMINATIONS") to make a body for Sidious. And that's the point- maybe Snoke was just too far gone genetically to be used as a vessel.

Rey was the offspring of an otherwise perfect clone- Sidious's son. So she was born with those perfect genetic markers in place. Snoke was not.

Firstly I dont even know why a supernatural possession would require genetics.

I was simply trying to reconcile why Palpatine did not possess any of the Skywalker. It could simply be because theyd reject him.

But as far as genetics go, both Snoke and Rey share DNA with Palpatine. But neither is a 100% perfect clone.

Mutations shouldnt make a difference as long as a significant amount of Palpatines DNA is still there, like it is in Rey.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 13th, 2021 at 02:34 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

For a guy whose username, icon, and signature are Sheev, this fella sure seems reticent to accept the fact that Snoke is weaker than Sheev.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 02:44 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Firstly I dont even know why a supernatural possession would require genetics.

I was simply trying to reconcile why Palpatine did not possess any of the Skywalker. It could simply be because theyd reject him.

But as far as genetics go, both Snoke and Rey share DNA with Palpatine. But neither is a 100% perfect clone.

Mutations shouldnt make a difference as long as a significant amount of Palpatines DNA is still there, like it is in Rey.
Rey WAS perfect. Snoke was not.

Pretty obvious why Snoke's inferior genetics and being deemed an "UNNATURAL ABOMINATION" who was made when the cloners were simply "TRYING ANYTHING" to make a body for Sidious, could have rendered him obsolete for the task.

Because yeah, if the optimal "Sidious genetics" WEREN'T needed for him to body hop, then he would have just used Kylo. But if optimal genetics WERE needed in a host (even a temp host) then I could see why a creature like Snoke might not have been usable.

Its just one possibility.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 02:56 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by The_Tempest
For a guy whose username, icon, and signature are Sheev, this fella sure seems reticent to accept the fact that Snoke is weaker than Sheev.
Sheev is still God.

I just see both sides to the argument is all. smile

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 02:57 PM
The_Tempest

Sheev is still God.

I just see both sides to the argument is all. smile

Not all sides in an argument are equal, though.

If flat-earthers and round-earthers have an argument, reasonableness and probability aren't split evenly between both opponents.

Parroting an idea as "possible!" is irrelevant and useless since no one here has disputed the fact that the idea is possible. What's being discussed is which idea is better, more possible, more plausible, more reasonable, better supported.

As demonstrated, the idea endorsed by myself, Dominis, Azronger, Darth_Thor, and now accepted by XPrimeX is the better idea. It doesn't mean your idea isn't possible. It means your idea isn't as good.

Snoke is much too weak to handle Sheev's potency. smile

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 03:01 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Rey WAS perfect. Snoke was not.

Pretty obvious why Snoke's inferior genetics and being deemed an "UNNATURAL ABOMINATION" who was made when the cloners were simply "TRYING ANYTHING" to make a body for Sidious, could have rendered him obsolete for the task.

Well given Palpatine transferred his essence to a broken clone, I think theres nothing at all to back that idea.

Because yeah, if the optimal "Sidious genetics" WEREN'T needed for him to body hop, then he would have just used Kylo. But if optimal genetics WERE needed in a host (even a temp host) then I could see why a creature like Snoke might not have been usable.

Its just one possibility.

Kylo had no genetic make up in common with Sheev at all. So saying OPTIMAL genetics were needed based on that is honestly a real stretch.

Genetics being a factor at all would be strange for a supernatural possession. Its more likely what Dominis says, that Sheev was looking for a powerful enough vessel, which is what the novel indicates Rey was.

Im guessing The Three Skywalkers probably would have resisted any possession. However with Snoke theres really no excuse at all because:

1) He likely had a good share of Sheevs genetic make up.

2) He was designed to be Sheevs lackey, so would not have resisted a possession.

So The only logical explanation for not using Snoke as a vessel is that he wasnt powerful enough a vessel for Sheev.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Not all sides in an argument are equal, though.

If flat-earthers and round-earthers have an argument, reasonableness and probability aren't split evenly between both opponents.

Parroting an idea as "possible!" is irrelevant and useless since no one here has disputed the fact that the idea is possible. What's being discussed is which idea is better, more possible, more plausible, more reasonable, better supported.

As demonstrated, the idea endorsed by myself, Dominis, Azronger, Darth_Thor, and now accepted by XPrimeX is the better idea. It doesn't mean your idea isn't possible. It means your idea isn't as good.

Snoke is much too weak to handle Sheev's potency. smile
You're splitting hairs. I too have always agreed its possible that Snoke just wasn't powerful enough. All I have said is that other logical possibilities (like the genetic argument) exist.

But if you're saying that the genetic argument is indeed a possibility (even if you disagree with it), then we seem to agree.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:24 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well given Palpatine transferred his essence to a broken clone, I think theres nothing at all to back that idea.

Kylo had no genetic make up in common with Sheev at all. So saying OPTIMAL genetics were needed based on that is honestly a real stretch.

Genetics being a factor at all would be strange for a supernatural possession. Its more likely what Dominis says, that Sheev was looking for a powerful enough vessel, which is what the novel indicates Rey was.

Im guessing The Three Skywalkers probably would have resisted any possession. However with Snoke theres really no excuse at all because:

1) He likely had a good share of Sheevs genetic make up.

2) He was designed to be Sheevs lackey, so would not have resisted a possession.

So The only logical explanation for not using Snoke as a vessel is that he wasnt powerful enough a vessel for Sheev.
You can't say it's the only explanation DT. But it's still a good explanation.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:30 PM
The_Tempest

You can't say it's the only explanation DT. But it's still a good explanation.

It's, at a bare minimum, the better explanation.

This back and forth has been hilarious.

GUYS WHY DONT WE FLOAT UP INTO THE SKY?
Us: Gravity.
Other people: A team of invisible magical unicorns are using their sorcery to keep us tethered to the earth.

You: Huh, those are two interesting explanations. Anything's possible!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:34 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Not sure why you directed that at me.

Does it really bother you that much if I think the genetic argument is possible? It's almost like if someone doesn't "endorse" your stance completely, it upsets you. Strange.

So yes, I agree that both arguments are a possibility. Nitpicking the "tiers of possibility" like you're doing isn't something I'm interested in though.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:39 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

He psychically feeds on people agreeing with him.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:40 PM
The_Tempest

Not sure why you directed that at me.

Because it beautifully captures your thought process.

quote:
Does it really bother you that much if I think the genetic argument is possible? It's almost like if someone doesn't "endorse" your stance completely, it upsets you. Strange.

What's strange is that you think acknowledging the genetic compatibility angle as a possibility would upset me when literally everyone, myself included, repeatedly acknowledged it as a possibility already.

quote:
So yes, I agree that both arguments are a possibility. Nitpicking the "tiers of possibility" like you're doing isn't something I'm interested in though.

This is [or, rather, used to be] a debate forum, my son. Gathering facts and extrapolating theories from those facts and parsing which theories are more plausible than others is part and parcel of what is [or, rather, once was] done here.

Why didn't Sheev wear Snoke as a meatsuit?
Us: Snoke was too weak.
You: Or Snoke was too genetically dissimilar.
Us: Sure, but that's not as good of an explanation as ours. Here's why.
You: But it's a possibility.
Us: Sure, but our possibility is more probable. Here's why.
You: But it's a possibility.
Us: Right, but not all possibilities are equally plausible.
You: ..........but it possibleeeee......

Yours is a bizarre methodology for such discussions.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:47 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Why does me thinking that it is possible provoke you so?

I already said I don't think it's a prime possibility, but just one possible.....possibility.

So if you do agree that it's possible on some level then we seem to agree. big grin

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:53 PM
The_Tempest

Why does me thinking that it is possible provoke you so?

quote:
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
What's strange is that you think acknowledging the genetic compatibility angle as a possibility would upset me when literally everyone, myself included, repeatedly acknowledged it as a possibility already.

I suspect that you're not reading my posts... is a possibility.

quote:
I already said I don't think it's a prime possibility, but just one possible.....possibility.

You don't think it's a "prime possibility"?

Sounds like you're indulging in the nitpicking of tiers of possibility, which you claimed above you don't do, by distinguishing between possibilities.

quote:
So if you do agree that it's possible on some level then we seem to agree. big grin

Since you don't agree that it's a prime possibility, indeed we do.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:58 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Maybe go back and reread MY posts because I said as much from the start

Well no. I personally think the most likely option is that ROS Sidious was more powerful then ROTJ Sidious to begin with, which is why Snoke couldn't be used as a vessel.

What I'm saying is that xPRIMEx's argument that Snoke did not have a proper genetic structure for Palpatine to transfer his essence into in the first place makes sense.
So I think it is a logical conclusion. But I still think Snoke couldn't be used because ROS Sidious was more powerful then he was in ROTJ. stick out tongue
wink

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 06:02 PM
The_Tempest

Snoke existed for decades before TROS, so what does TROS Sheev's power have to do with why he never wore Snoke as a meat suit in the decades before TROS?

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 06:06 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

That all hinges on when Sidious might have gained the power of all the Sith.

I personally think it was after Endor (unless we get a big reveal soon) which is why I think ROS Sidious was more powerful then ROTJ Sidious.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 06:11 PM