KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Snoke vs. Count Dooku

Snoke vs. Count Dooku
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Does Snoke even feats to suggest his hype? Hype is often not accurate, otherwise every jedi and their mother would be one "of the finest swordmen ever produced by the order". Vader himself was supposed to be pretty close to sidious by hype, but facts are what matter in the end, and sidious proved he is >>>Vader

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Does Snoke even feats to suggest his hype? Hype is often not accurate, otherwise every jedi and their mother would be one "of the finest swordmen ever produced by the order". Vader himself was supposed to be pretty close to sidious by hype, but facts are what matter in the end, and sidious proved he is >>>Vader

Best hes got is ragdolling Rey (unless im missing something from the comics).

But I dont see how that places him higher than Dooku in the Force.

She was a Padawan after all. And not a particularly well trained one at that.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Darth Thor
They are comparing him to ROTJ Sidious due to a note on his power in Lukes journal.

Just depends if Luke was fully aware of Palpatines full power though.

Aside from that Other reason to compare them is because hes a clone of Palpatine.
Outside of Legends, I don't see how Luke would know the full extent of Palpatine's power.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 12:04 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

What ever amount of power Palpatine had as of ROTJ was too strong for Snoke's body to contain, otherwise Snoke's body would have been the vessel Palpatine inhabited. So I think it's safe to say that Snoke isn't as strong as ROTJ Palpatine.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
They are comparing him to ROTJ Sidious due to a note on his power in Lukes journal.

Just depends if Luke was fully aware of Palpatines full power though.

Aside from that Other reason to compare them is because hes a clone of Palpatine.
Even if you don't think Luke was able to sense Palpatine's power during RotJ, his journal also notes that he'd been communicating with the spirits of Yoda, Kenobi, and Anakin over the years. Seems likely that he would've had a pretty accurate estimation of Palpatine's power, imo.

Originally posted by Dominis
What ever amount of power Palpatine had as of ROTJ was too strong for Snoke's body to contain, otherwise Snoke's body would have been the vessel Palpatine inhabited. So I think it's safe to say that Snoke isn't as strong as ROTJ Palpatine.
The Snoke clones were genetic mutations/strandcasts. Don't think Palpatine would have been willing to transfer his essence into an imperfect vessel.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Galan007
The Snoke clones were genetic mutations/strandcasts. Don't think Palpatine would have been willing to transfer his essence into an imperfect vessel.

I think it would've been better than the body he was forced to inhabit, which was falling apart as a result.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Palpatine wanted a permanent vessel -- one that could contain his power indefinitely. I don't think he was interested in endlessly hopping from one crippled body to another.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Palpatine wanted a permanent vessel -- one that could contain his power indefinitely. I don't think he was interested in endlessly hopping from one crippled body to another.

Yeah, but he was kinda almost forced to do that anyway, considering that the body he was forced to inhabit was also imperfect and falling apart.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 02:30 AM
Dominis

I mean he was almost forced to inhabit another body in Rey.

Rey was his only option if he was to survive, which means that the Snoke's weren't even capable of holding his power at all, not even for a time.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 02:43 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, but he was kinda almost forced to do that anyway, considering that the body he was forced to inhabit was also imperfect and falling apart.
Indeed. That's why he was only interested in transferring his essence into a "perfect" vessel that was capable of housing his power indefinitely without falling apart... And Snoke's decrepit body certainly wasn't up to the task.

That said, the imperfect clone vessel that Palpatine originally transferred his essence into after RotJ still held up for 30+ years. So it's not like he was desperate to find a new host asap -- he had decades to plan/wait for a suitable host to emerge.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 8th, 2021 at 02:58 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 02:46 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

thumb up

Referring to this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...43#post17299643

I do wonder though, could Sidious do this to prime Vader? He says multiple times how weak he is and that he needs to relearn to regain his power. And he's def mentally off after seeing "Padme" and "Luke".

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Indeed. That's why he was only interested in transferring his essence into a "perfect" vessel that was capable of housing his power indefinitely without falling apart... And Snoke's decrepit body certainly wasn't up to the task.

That said, the imperfect clone vessel that Palpatine originally transferred his essence into after RotJ still held up for 30+ years. So it's not like he was desperate to find a new host asap -- he had decades to plan/wait for a suitable host to emerge.

But the novel implies that his imperfect body started to fall victim to his own power upon transference (and as of The Rise of Kylo Ren comics, he's already forced to needing a machine to survive and get around in) yet it was still the vessel he chose.

None of the vessels that were made were strong enough to contain his spirit the way his original body did, which suggest that he was actually stronger in ROTJ (until he restores himself at the end of TROS).

Last edited by Dominis on Jan 8th, 2021 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 03:32 AM
xPRIMEx

I’m assuming the clone that Palpatine transferred his essence into was originally not decayed, and he didn’t realized until later that it couldn’t contain his power. The Snoke clone however was a failed clone. Although it had physical mutations/deformities, that doesn’t say anything about his power.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 05:58 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think the Sidious/Vader showing is obviously not Vader at his peak but the gap shown is so large I think it settles conclusively that Palpatine would beat Anakin in a neutral ground. Assuming Snoke is just as strong should make him beat both Dooku and Vader all the same.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 09:54 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah theres no questioning hes miles and miles above all other Sith.

Even if you don't think Luke was able to sense Palpatine's power during RotJ, his journal also notes that he'd been communicating with the spirits of Yoda, Kenobi, and Anakin over the years. Seems likely that he would've had a pretty accurate estimation of Palpatine's power, imo.

Hmm...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 11:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

If undead Palpatine was falling victim to the amount of power he had in ROTJ, then that would suggest that he was stronger in ROTJ on account of having a superior vessel to access the full extent of his power, which would mean that Snoke isn't on par with ROTJ Palpatine, considering he is confirmed to be weaker than even undead Sheev.

However amount of power Snoke had obviously didn't decay his body to the extent that undead Sheev's power was decaying his, which means that while Snoke's body was strong enough to access much force power, it wasn't to extent that Palpatine's undead clone contained, which from inference would be the power he had in ROTJ.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 12:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Lord Stark
I do wonder though, could Sidious do this to prime Vader? He says multiple times how weak he is and that he needs to relearn to regain his power. And he's def mentally off after seeing "Padme" and "Luke".
I think Palpatine was just pissed that his apprentice had directly disobeyed his orders, and was punishing/reprimanding him as such.

But if you take Palpatine's statements literally, then it really depends if you think the "conflict" Vader was experiencing at the time actually neutered his power to any significant extent... Because you also have to take into account that Vader was pretty enraged by the revelation that Palpatine had lied to him about Padme's death and such(and anger typically bolsters Sith power.) So it's nigh-impossible to quantify how "weakened" Vader may(or may not) have actually been there, imo.

Aside from that, Palpatine also raped Vader with literally NO discernible effort, whilst not actively trying to kill him... Meaning that Palpatine himself was almost certainly holding back quite a bit.

So yeah, I think an encounter between 'prime' Vader and ESB Palps would've played out the same way regardless. /shrug

But the novel implies that his imperfect body started to fall victim to his own power upon transference (and as of The Rise of Kylo Ren comics, he's already forced to needing a machine to survive and get around in) yet it was still the vessel he chose.

None of the vessels that were made were strong enough to contain his spirit the way his original body did, which suggest that he was actually stronger in ROTJ (until he restores himself at the end of TROS).
It was moreso that Palpatine's cultists were unable to perfect the cloning technique itself. Unable to make a force-sensitive clone vessel that wasn't deformed/mutated in some way. Perhaps Palpatine *could* have hopped into one of the strancasts/Snoke if he absolutely HAD to(we don't know either way), but that would have only been a temporary solution. He wanted permanency.

And as mentioned: despite the rancid state of his original clone body, it was still able to contain his essence for decadeS... Which gave Palpatine ample time to wait for a perfect/suitable vessel(ie. Rey) to be conceived through more natural methods.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 12:57 PM
Dominis

Yeah I know what Palpatine preferred but he wasn't able to get that through either Snoke or the body he did inhabit on account of both being imperfect, yet the body that seemed to be able to hold his power for at least a time was the one he chose.

If you're suggesting that Palpatine was unable to inhabit Snoke for some reason other than it just not being strong enough, well I don't think that was ever suggested. Seems like they all were just not able to hold up, and that the one he chose was most suitable on account of at least being able to hold his power for a time.

Also, I posted this at around the same time you posted your last post in case you didn't see it....

If undead Palpatine was falling victim to the amount of power he had in ROTJ, then that would suggest that he was stronger in ROTJ on account of having a superior vessel to access the full extent of his power, which would mean that Snoke isn't on par with ROTJ Palpatine, considering he is confirmed to be weaker than even undead Sheev.

However amount of power Snoke had obviously didn't decay his body to the extent that undead Sheev's power was decaying his, which means that while Snoke's body was strong enough to access much force power, it wasn't to extent that Palpatine's undead clone contained, which from inference would be the power he had in ROTJ.

Last edited by Dominis on Jan 8th, 2021 at 01:24 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 01:17 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

[B]I think Palpatine was just pissed that his apprentice had directly disobeyed his orders, and was punishing/reprimanding him as such.

But if you take Palpatine's statements literally, then it really depends if you think the "conflict" Vader was experiencing at the time actually neutered his power to any significant extent... Because you also have to take into account that Vader was pretty enraged by the revelation that Palpatine had lied to him about Padme's death and such(and anger typically bolsters Sith power.) So it's nigh-impossible to quantify how "weakened" Vader may(or may not) have actually been there, imo.

Aside from that, Palpatine also raped Vader with literally NO discernible effort, whilst not actively trying to kill him... Meaning that Palpatine himself was almost certainly holding back quite a bit.

So yeah, I think an encounter between 'prime' Vader and ESB Palps would've played out the same way regardless. /shrug

I mean I think he'd still own him. But it does tie back to when Rebels was first released this idea that peak Vader was really during Rebels because he is deep in darkness. And that Luke spared that light within him. Now you can argue that doesn't directly correlate to power, but I'd think it does.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Now you can argue that doesn't directly correlate to power, but I'd think it does.

Conflict definitely does. Conflicted Anakin couldnt take ROTS Obi-Wan. And there are other examples in canon.

Given that, id say its only a sight amount of conflict beginning to stem here. Vaders peak conflict will be as of ROTJ.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 8th, 2021 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 01:54 PM