KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » If you drank a bottle of beer a day...

If you drank a bottle of beer a day...
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

If you drank a bottle of beer a day...

how long would it take you to get severe liver damage?

I'm talking at least one every SINGLE day, not cans, but bottles, let's say Rolling Rock, which is my current favorite.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 05:36 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If you have a healthy liver, you body should be able to process the alcohol in a single beer each day without too much worry.

You liver will take some damage of course compared to not drinking at all, but it should be very minimal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 05:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Oh I'm talking a hypothetical where a person drinks a beer every day from age 21 and up until they reach the point of severe liver damage.

Or are you saying a single beer probably won't do enough damage to hurt them severely in their life-time?

Statistics I've read say you should only have like 3-4 beers a week to stay out of the danger zone.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 05:45 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I don't think a single beer a day would do that much damage, or the chances are low, anyway. Some scientific studies have suggested that a glass of wine a day can be healthy. Although others have proven otherwise, so who knows.

I think drinking a beer a day consistently would likely end up putting weight on you and changing your skin somewhat, as alcohol does that, but the felt effects wouldn't be all that awful.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 06:15 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
I don't think a single beer a day would do that much damage, or the chances are low, anyway. Some scientific studies have suggested that a glass of wine a day can be healthy. Although others have proven otherwise, so who knows.

I think drinking a beer a day consistently would likely end up putting weight on you and changing your skin somewhat, as alcohol does that, but the felt effects wouldn't be all that awful.
But a single beer every single day for your entire life? You don't think that would catch up to you after a few years to a decade?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 06:17 PM
Scribble

Originally posted by Jmanghan
But a single beer every single day for your entire life? You don't think that would catch up to you after a few years to a decade?
As you got older, maybe, but if you had a good metabolism and you counted the beer into your calorie intake for the day, it would take quite a while.

It would be very dependent on the person, I guess

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 06:30 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Yeah there are a lot of variables that go into it, I just find myself thinking about stuff like this.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 06:35 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Beer is nasty. Drink Rum or Vodka, nice little buzz with a fraction of the liquid consumed.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 03:17 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Beer is nasty. Drink Rum or Vodka, nice little buzz with a fraction of the liquid consumed.
Hate Rum and Vodka.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 03:25 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Get ya some fruit juice and mixer it up, tastes wunderbar.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 03:36 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was a time when weak beer was drunk regularly because people did not have clean water. sort of pre mid 19 Century in Urban areas.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 03:36 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

jajaja and the upper crust had wine, ah ye good olden dayes.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 03:40 PM
Jmanghan

Outside of the buzz, I also enjoy the taste over other alcohols, plus doesn't burn my throat.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 03:46 PM
Dave_97
Party Dave

Half my family is alcoholics.
It takes longer than you would expect.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 04:21 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
jajaja and the upper crust had wine, ah ye good olden dayes.
thumb up indeed

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 04:27 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

wine is awful, beer any day.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 06:49 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Grow a pair and take a shot! Buncha slack Jawed pussays!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 08:34 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What Rob and Dave said.

The tricky thing would be adhering to the limit. That's just not how this hobby works.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 01:54 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doloness
Restricted

Account Restricted

**** beer **** the burn **** money **** food **** water **** shelter

Too many chiefs (men) not enough Indians (wo men)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 02:00 AM
Doloness is currently offline Click here to Send Doloness a Private Message Find more posts by Doloness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Chiefs and Indians are the same bloody thing you muppet.

You meant Squaws. Nit.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 11:14 PM