KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Joe Biden, the 46th POTUS

Joe Biden, the 46th POTUS
Started by: Blakemore

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Artol

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
The wars against ISIS are directly caused by the war in Iraq. It leads back to the first Gulf war, and even earlier, with the support for the Iranian revolution. But the Iraq war is really where it started.

Funny how direct opposition to war in the Middle East is being associated with Trump now, lol.

Yeah, I mean historically there are a lot of reasons, and all of these things are closely related. What I meant with Bush Jr. Iraq War is Operation Iraqi Freedom and the subsequent war there. And that power vacuum did indeed lead to ISIS, but ISIS does have to be opposed.

Yeah, it is pretty funny, especially given the way he often tried to present himself as being very tough. But I just think that is a popular Republican talking point right now "Trump didn't start any new wars". It's a bit simplistic, but the beauty of it is that it hits at something that Democrats pretend is important to them. It's a good troll, is what I mean. But the reality is that Trump wasn't particularly good for peace either.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 01:36 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

trump was pure shit when it came to needlessly provoking a middle east war/conflict, which was previously a right of every republican president since reagan.

he was obviously trying to start shit with iran, twice (that we know of). being a poor and clumsy advocate for war does not make one an excellent advocate for peace.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 01:46 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Three months into Trump's presidency he launched nearly 60 missiles at Syria and his supporters were all "America, f**k ya!" gung ho about it. Weird how they're fearful of this new admin provoking wars now.

Just read that Iran is seemingly open to discussing a new nuclear deal with the Biden admin, which is great. I suspect it will come with a heavier price, considering the US broke the last deal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 21st, 2021 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 01:55 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Biden rescinds keystone pipeline permit!

Four amazing things so far.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 02:00 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Canada not too happy about that.

Last edited by Trocity on Jan 21st, 2021 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 02:25 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by truejedi
U.S. is re-entering the Paris Climate Accord.

US is also re engaging with WHO.

Construction of the border wall will cease.

Three black marks from the last four years removed on the first day.

He signed 17 executive orders on his first day, right after the inaguration. Harris went to work immediately too, and swore in the three new Democratic Senators. What a difference having competent, hard-working people in charge makes.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 02:48 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

I know you're high on Republican tears rn, but you might want to re-evaluate what a 'Trumper' is

(please log in to view the image)

Horse shoe theory confirmed. Emotional instability confirmed.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 02:52 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
He signed 17 executive orders on his first day, right after the inaguration. Harris went to work immediately too, and swore in the three new Democratic Senators. What a difference having competent, hard-working people in charge makes.

Yeah, I saw that, as well. A lot of good steps in that. I am cautiously optimistic.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 03:48 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Three months into Trump's presidency he launched nearly 60 missiles at Syria and his supporters were all "America, f**k ya!" gung ho about it. Weird how they're fearful of this new admin provoking wars now.

Just read that Iran is seemingly open to discussing a new nuclear deal with the Biden admin, which is great. I suspect it will come with a heavier price, considering the US broke the last deal.
given the asterisk, this is still good news imo

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 04:47 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know you're high on Republican tears rn, but you might want to re-evaluate what a 'Trumper' is

(please log in to view the image)
DDM's meaningless chart laughing out loud oh dear no

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 06:47 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh dear.....

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 06:58 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
oh dear.....
to say Trumpers are on the left is gaslighting at best tbh.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 07:25 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

for shame

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 07:36 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
trump was pure shit when it came to needlessly provoking a middle east war/conflict, which was previously a right of every republican president since reagan.

he was obviously trying to start shit with iran, twice (that we know of). being a poor and clumsy advocate for war does not make one an excellent advocate for peace.

Originally posted by Robtard

And dont forget supporting Saudi to bomb Yemen.

Thats not anti-war. Not in any way shape or form.

He may have made out he was anti-war to get into power. But his record in the White House says very differently.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 10:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And dont forget supporting Saudi to bomb Yemen.

Thats not anti-war. Not in any way shape or form.

He may have made out he was anti-war to get into power. But his record in the White House says very differently.
I was actually mear Riyadh Airport when the scuds were being fired back. My compound was 5 minutes away. Sidebar irrelevant fact.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 11:10 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

war is bad

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 02:54 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Trocity
Canada not too happy about that.

I think you mean Alberta is not too happy about it.
And reading some comments within the Alberta sub-reddit, most of the blame is actually on the premier of Alberta.

Not alot of missiles are being thrown at the Prime Minister aside from the Premier of Alberta blaming him.

Yet...I'm not well ingrained in this topic, my understanding is that the Conserative party removed all initiatives set by the previous government on trying to diversify their economy away from oil...and then made a big bet that Trump would win a second term.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 03:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Blakemore
war is bad

what is it good for?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 04:05 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
what is it good for?
is your Jersey accent like Springsteen's? Because I had his voice pop into my head reading that.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 04:06 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

that was an edwin star song, though,

close, but closer to ray liotta's accent.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 04:13 PM