KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Joe Biden, the 46th POTUS

Joe Biden, the 46th POTUS
Started by: Blakemore

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
what is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, sing it again!

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 04:19 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that was an edwin star song, though,

close, but closer to ray liotta's accent.
it wascbut i like Springsteen's version best. Cool accent mate. thumb up

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 04:22 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And dont forget supporting Saudi to bomb Yemen.

Thats not anti-war. Not in any way shape or form.

He may have made out he was anti-war to get into power. But his record in the White House says very differently.

Of course it does.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 08:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Biden single handedly stopped the Keystone XL pipeline and took away almost 10,000 jobs from hard working American men and women, but at least he never said “Grab ‘em by the pu$$y.”

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 09:10 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Smasandian
I think you mean Alberta is not too happy about it.
And reading some comments within the Alberta sub-reddit, most of the blame is actually on the premier of Alberta.

Not alot of missiles are being thrown at the Prime Minister aside from the Premier of Alberta blaming him.

Yet...I'm not well ingrained in this topic, my understanding is that the Conserative party removed all initiatives set by the previous government on trying to diversify their economy away from oil...and then made a big bet that Trump would win a second term.

Alberta is definitely big mad, but I live in Ontario and even people here i know are talking about how it sucks.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 09:30 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sure...but they knew this was happening and they decided to put all their eggs in that basket.

They had years to transition off an oil economy and haven't done anything. The future is green technology and stomping feet isn't going to change that.

Last edited by Smasandian on Jan 21st, 2021 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 09:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Impediment
Biden single handedly stopped the Keystone XL pipeline and took away almost 10,000 jobs from hard working American men and women, but at least he never said “Grab ‘em by the pu$$y.”

The Environmental Protection Agency advised against approving the Keystone XL Pipeline, because it would not lower petrol prices, create long-term jobs, or affect energy independence. Canada would reap all the rewards, and America would assume all the risks.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 01:40 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

This is such an amazing development. That pipeline was as big a waste as the wall, and environmentally destructive. Not too mention built on stolen land. The fact that Trump authorized that is one of the worst black marks on his presidency.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 01:49 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Impediment

Seems like it was 1,000 jobs and most of those were not long term:

Canadian firm cuts 1,000 jobs after Biden revokes Keystone XL permit

TC Energy, the Canadian company behind the Keystone XL pipeline, says it will lay off 1,000 workers following President Biden’s decision to revoke a key permit for the pipeline. -snip

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 02:10 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"By rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement, President Biden indicates he’s more interested in the views of the citizens of Paris than in the jobs of the citizens of Pittsburgh. This agreement will do little to affect the climate and will harm the livelihoods of Americans." -Ted Cruz via Twitter 01/21/2021

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 02:11 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stupid Cruz.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 04:19 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Cruz sis an idiot. Trump destroyed america's standing in the world one broken agreement at a time. Why make a deal with America if some orange man just refuses to honor it. Paris Climate Accord is a plus for biden. It won't all be plusses for him- he certainly wasn't my favorite candidate, but this is a good thing.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 11:55 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Biden won laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 12:32 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Robtard
Seems like it was 1,000 jobs and most of those were not long term:

Canadian firm cuts 1,000 jobs after Biden revokes Keystone XL permit

TC Energy, the Canadian company behind the Keystone XL pipeline, says it will lay off 1,000 workers following President Biden’s decision to revoke a key permit for the pipeline. -snip

Also, I'm kind of assuming some of those jobs belonged to Canadians and it's not just Americans who've lost their jobs.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 01:15 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

The Keystone Pipeline topic is an interesting one in that I think it's a good thing we aren't going to so heavily invest in something that will only contribute to more reliance on dirty energy

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 01:43 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I tried searching for where these 10,000 job loss go (I assume is 10,000 future job loss...not current jobs) but I couldn't really find the specific number and report.

From what I have read and I cannot say this is the truth, some of these numbers being thrown around are from the gas companies/lobbyists themselves...in fact, 1 report says they count job losses by year...so 1 year = 10,000 job loss...the 2nd year would be 10,000 job loss so without a pipeline...it would be 20,000 lost jobs...even though it would still be only 10,000 jobs.

Another one I read was that they were saying it would be 120,000 job loss in terms of support (food, restaurants and etc) during construction...and I thought that was nuts.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 01:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Did anyone see the stuff on Twitter about the national guard charged with defending the Capitol having to sleep in parking garages and shit? What the f*** is that about?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 03:45 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by samhain
Also, I'm kind of assuming some of those jobs belonged to Canadians and it's not just Americans who've lost their jobs.
your assumption would be correct.

"Terry Cunha, a TC Energy spokesperson, confirmed to The Hill on Thursday that the 1,000 jobs will be lost “immediately.” Cunha declined to specify how many, if any, of those jobs were American."

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...stone-xl-permit

As for the 10,000 jobs this is what i could find.

"The 10,000 union jobs Republicans and the fossil fuel industry claim Biden killed were, first and foremost, hypothetical. Keystone XL was still awaiting permits in several states before it could begin construction, according to the Montana Free Press, and other permits are still tied up in legal challenges. TC Energy also isn’t directly employing Keystone XL pipeline workers; it issued grants in October to construction companies to do so. There’s little evidence that those companies have employed many people so far.

The jobs Keystone XL were eventually going to support were also mostly temporary—one-to-two year construction jobs, at most. “Once Keystone is completed, only 35 permanent employees would be needed to operate the pipeline along with 15 temporary contractors,” CNN reported back in 2017. “So, the Keystone XL isn't expected to be a boom for the job market by any stretch.”

https://heated.world/p/the-conserva...-fear-mongering

According to politifact

"Our ruling

Jones said the Keystone pipeline will only result in 35 permanent jobs after construction.

The numbers, as reported by the State Department, back him up, though that’s the nature of any big construction project, be it a highway or monument.

Jones’ claim is True."

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...e-only-creates/

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 04:31 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Raptor22
your assumption would be correct.

"Terry Cunha, a TC Energy spokesperson, confirmed to The Hill on Thursday that the 1,000 jobs will be lost “immediately.” Cunha declined to specify how many, if any, of those jobs were American."

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...stone-xl-permit

As for the 10,000 jobs this is what i could find.

"The 10,000 union jobs Republicans and the fossil fuel industry claim Biden killed were, first and foremost, hypothetical. Keystone XL was still awaiting permits in several states before it could begin construction, according to the Montana Free Press, and other permits are still tied up in legal challenges. TC Energy also isn’t directly employing Keystone XL pipeline workers; it issued grants in October to construction companies to do so. There’s little evidence that those companies have employed many people so far.

The jobs Keystone XL were eventually going to support were also mostly temporary—one-to-two year construction jobs, at most. “Once Keystone is completed, only 35 permanent employees would be needed to operate the pipeline along with 15 temporary contractors,” CNN reported back in 2017. “So, the Keystone XL isn't expected to be a boom for the job market by any stretch.”

https://heated.world/p/the-conserva...-fear-mongering

According to politifact

"Our ruling

Jones said the Keystone pipeline will only result in 35 permanent jobs after construction.

The numbers, as reported by the State Department, back him up, though that’s the nature of any big construction project, be it a highway or monument.

Jones’ claim is True."

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...e-only-creates/

Thanks for doing the leg work, my dude

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 08:25 PM
truejedi

Also hilarious how Republicans line up to be on the go ahead and **** the earth over side of history..

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 08:28 PM