KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » CW Superman & Lois

CW Superman & Lois
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
Sure looked that way from Luthors memory. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I guess that was a different world and supposedly different Superman though, so he should get the benefit of the doubt

Oh, I thought you meant “our” Superman!

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
All evidence points to it being [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a different Superman. And maybe it was just the lighting, but his suit looked like it could have been black. "Captain Luthor" is likely from a parallel universe. The computer even mentions that "this planet's Kal-El" isn't like the other one Luthor knew. We also see another version of General Lane in his memory flashback as well.

Well yeah all that was never in question, which is why I was confused at the tkitna post!
And the costume was def. black. I read an article this morning about how CW keeps beating Snyder to the punch. One time by two years, and this time two weeks.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2021 05:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

So [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Supes is back to murdering people again?

seems to be clark from another universe

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 4th, 2021 09:34 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seems to be clark from another universe

Yeah, I actually forgot that in my original post so no wonder I confused Riv. Sorry man.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 12:59 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, I actually forgot that in my original post so no wonder I confused Riv. Sorry man.

Well, i am easily confused... embarrasment

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 01:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Overall, I thought the episode was not as strong as the first, but still enjoyable. Much better than the season premier of The Flash IMO. Now that is a show that's gone downhill.

Will lets face it they are running out of Plot ideas and I have used pretty much Barry's entire rogues gallery (hell they've made two of his best heroes and killed one off). I mean the only rogues they haven't covered are Rainbow Raider and Abra Kadabra, and isn't he really an enemy of Wally?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 04:50 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by beatboks
Will lets face it they are running out of Plot ideas and I have used pretty much Barry's entire rogues gallery (hell they've made two of his best heroes and killed one off). I mean the only rogues they haven't covered are Rainbow Raider and Abra Kadabra, and isn't he really an enemy of Wally?

They did actually have those two already, but they were used poorly. CW had them as throwaway villains of the week.

https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Abra_Kadabra_(Earth-1)

https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Roy_Bivolo

But still, with actual good writing they could revisit past rogues or come up with better stories. The problem is most of the CW writers aren't actually that great to begin with.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 02:46 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It’d be nice if they went w. some lower key stories this season.
Not every adventure has to threaten reality as we know it.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2021 09:51 AM
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

These Superman & Lois fight scenes have heavy Man of Steel vibes

Old Post Mar 8th, 2021 08:19 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, one thing MoS did really well IMO was the fight scenes, in terms of their visual style and scope. A lot of the times in comic book films and shows, the fights end up feeling kind of underwhelming considering the level of power of the individuals involved, but MoS nailed that element. So, I think borrowing from it in that regard is a good move.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 03:25 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Lana and daughter thing is cringy.

"Why did you do it?"

"Because Rural America sucks. I need to move to New York City or LA where all the other country bumpkin hating liberals live who watch The CW."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 02:55 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Just watched episode 3.

I'm really liking what they're doing.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 02:25 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked the Jon and Jordan plot a lot.

I still think Superman had the right idea the first time. Hard to really overlook [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kryptonian powers as an unfair advantage. But it was still pretty heartwarming.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 04:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

"I don't have super strength."

Proceeds to throws guys twice his size like ten feet back with a backhand, while nobody seems to notice anything weird.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 04:53 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

awesome episode

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 03:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kento
"I don't have super strength."

Proceeds to throws guys twice his size like ten feet back with a backhand, while nobody seems to notice anything weird.

^^^He Waterboy’d the hell out of them!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
awesome episode

It was pretty good yeah.
The fight scene was well done, especially Clark coming back for “round two”, looking all menacing.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 09:57 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Kal-El is ridiculously fast though, especially his travel speed. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I mean he went from Smallville to China in a couple of seconds. And that superspeed punch combo he did to take out that other enhanced guy was pretty good too.

A lot of depictions often forget to highlight that superspeed is a part of his powerset, but this doesn't seem to be the case on this show.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 06:34 PM
riv6672

Kal-El is ridiculously fast though, especially his travel speed. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I mean he went from Smallville to China in a couple of seconds. And that superspeed punch combo he did to take out that other enhanced guy was pretty good too.

A lot of depictions often forget to highlight that superspeed is a part of his powerset, but this doesn't seem to be the case on this show.

The show’s doing a good job on that yeah!
Also on him using different tactics [SPOILER - highlight to read]: like freezing the enhanced guy to get an advantage when just punching isn’t getting the desired result.
That’s good Supes!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 08:02 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

thoughts on who [SPOILER - highlight to read]: killed the guy at the end and who she may have called

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 08:20 PM
riv6672

No idea.
I haven’t seen any guesses or theories on other sites either.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 11:36 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this show has an ho max sie budget which is a good thing

Old Post Mar 12th, 2021 04:05 AM